SPFL

• No not Spal Spfl that's where the big risers ar gonna be very tasty football too, discusses....

• @NewUser151265
    Scottish football there's better teams in league 2 than in that league.
    Put rangers/Celtic in the championship and they would struggle to stay up!
    Please like don't clog up the forum!😂😂

• @CLACKETT give Rangers and Celtic the money championships sides get in TV rights and prize money and they wouldnt be long in being promoted. Both bigger clubs than most english teams apart from man utd and liverpool

• @Gary-A said in SPFL:

@CLACKETT give Rangers and Celtic the money championships sides get in TV rights and prize money and they wouldnt be long in being promoted. Both bigger clubs than most english teams apart from man utd and liverpool

I doubt that very much Gary, Celtic would maybe challenge for promotion in the Championship, but if promoted would find it tough. Leeds have a huge following, been out of the Prem for a bloody age now.

• @Daz-Sparks How many championship teams would get to the group stages in Europe realistically? Given the money in our game I think that rangers and Celtic would walk the championship within a year

• @Gary-A
    I'm not being funny Scottish football is very poor. Border line semi pro when u see some of the teams the play in europa qualifying. Leeds villa derby even Sunderland are bigger clubs

• @NewUser149543
    U been on the sauce already brother?
    🤪

• @CLACKETT

Bigger clubs than Rangers and Celtic????
    Worst post I've ever seen on any football related forum ever.

I agree with you 100% that the standard is appalling and both of the current squads would struggle to get out of the Chanpionship.

However your knowledge of both clubs is very limited if you think those clubs you named are bigger. Rangers and Celtic are massive clubs Worldwide. You would struggle to find a Sunderland fan outside of Sunderland lol

• @NewUser151265 said in SPFL:

No not Spal Spfl that's where the big risers ar gonna be very tasty football too, discusses....

I think the consensus was that the squads of the two biggest clubs would struggle in the championship.
    Therefore there aren’t going to be (m)any risers.

• Banned

The other side of that is, with the money they would generate, they would rather quickly get promoted and comfortable stay up in the PL, and with that additional money, they could be challenging for the title and cups within 5 years.
    I personally think it would be ridiculous letting them in our league, but there is form with the welsh clubs.
    Imagine the likes of Swansea if they were forced to play in the welsh league.

• @NewUser151265 said in SPFL:

No not Spal Spfl that's where the big risers ar gonna be very tasty football too, discusses....

If we all go back to the original post, I think he has a point.

He states that there are 'big risers' in the SPFL and if we look at players who have previously played in the league and their current price, it is a fair assumption.

James Maddison (Aberdeen on loan) - £2.01
    Stuart Armstrong (Celtic) - £0.38
    Andy Robertson (Dundee Utd) - £1.05
    Virgil Van Dijk (Celtic) - £2.93
    Moussa Dembele (Celtic) - £0.89
    Victor Wanyama (Celtic) - £0.30

That's just off the top of my head.

Scott McKenna, Morelos, Tierney, Forrest ...

These guys could all move in the summer and challenge for a place in most mid table English Premier League teams.

• @Comrade my knowledge is of a good standard name 3 players who play for any Scottish team that would get in any team pushing for Europe in the prem I can't think of of any other than bench warmers

• @johnboywalker yeah but Madison norwich made him the player he is. Van dick made his name at southampton. When was the last big name player to go straight to a big club? No1

• @CLACKETT said in SPFL:

@johnboywalker yeah but Madison norwich made him the player he is. Van dick made his name at southampton. When was the last big name player to go straight to a big club? No1

Henrik Larsson.

Ask any Aberdeen fan. Maddison did exactly the same for Aberdeen as he is now doing for Leicester. His class was there for everybody to see.

I'm not sure what your problem is with the Scottish league mate. Did Ross County not give you trials as a kid? 🤣

I think to be so dismissive of the SPFL shows a lack of maturity. It is clear to most that the league is a stepping stone towards the EPL, and there is money to be made.

• @CLACKETT

I agreed with you that the standard is poor.

I disagree with you saying Leeds, Derby, Sunderland etc are bigger clubs than Rangers or Celtic, that's just a ridiculous comment.

@Gary-A
    I'm not being funny Scottish football is very poor. Border line semi pro when u see some of the teams the play in europa qualifying. Leeds villa derby even Sunderland are bigger clubs

I think you are being naive as to how big both Rangers and Celtic actually are mate

• @Daz-Sparks said in SPFL:

@Gary-A said in SPFL:

@CLACKETT give Rangers and Celtic the money championships sides get in TV rights and prize money and they wouldnt be long in being promoted. Both bigger clubs than most english teams apart from man utd and liverpool

I doubt that very much Gary, Celtic would maybe challenge for promotion in the Championship, but if promoted would find it tough. Leeds have a huge following, been out of the Prem for a bloody age now.

I get what your saying with leeds but rangers and celtic are both bigger clubs than leeds. There would be real potential for both if they were too ever end up down south. Current squads id agree they would both struggle but the money in the championship is tenfold than in the scottish premiership and given those resources i dont think they would be long in going up.

• @johnboywalker Larson came from helinsingborg to utd?

@johnboywalker Larson came from helinsingborg to utd?

Celtic to Barcelona first I think.