United in Europa League - Chong, Gomes, Greenwood, Garner

• Good time to get on these guys?

Will get plenty of opportunities in the Europa League against the giants of Israel, Kazakhstan & Lithuania etc.

• Already very expensive. But yes I'd think if Ole doesn't have too much pressure he is the kind of manager to want to give them a chance.

Whether playing actually increases their FI value or not is another question... Players like Chong have been massively inflated so maybe people waiting for a chance to sell at good profit... Match day could be that trigger

• May not turn out to be the case that they get much game time. United have a big squad when everyone is fit. Also it seems Prem teams seem to be going for it in the Europa League because 6 into 4 doesn't go, the Europa League gives a extra UCL spot.

• I suppose the risk is that they play a few games and don't actually show any of the potential they supposedly have.

I only hold Greenwood currently but have a few hundred quid in my account that needs to be spent before tomorrow night.

• @Chris-J if you got in early, well played. I personally wouldn't be buying him at current price.
    Right now id say these are some of the types of player to look for

• someone who will win a lot of summer MB

• an undervalued PB player to sit on through summer but then reap the reward as money goes back to PB players

• the next Greenwood type player

• players with potential to transfer from non-pb to pb league

• players returning from loan with a chance to step up (mason mount?)

• teams being promoted to PB league … perhaps not championship as they are already inflated. But maybe the teams coming up in the other PB leagues... do some stat research find out if there is a good playmaker or goalscoring winger in a newly promoted side.

• @Vespasian32 said in United in Europa League - Chong, Gomes, Greenwood, Garner:

@Chris-J if you got in early, well played. I personally wouldn't be buying him at current price.
    Right now id say these are some of the types of player to look for

• someone who will win a lot of summer MB

• an undervalued PB player to sit on through summer but then reap the reward as money goes back to PB players

• the next Greenwood type player

• players with potential to transfer from non-pb to pb league

• players returning from loan with a chance to step up (mason mount?)

• teams being promoted to PB league … perhaps not championship as they are already inflated. But maybe the teams coming up in the other PB leagues... do some stat research find out if there is a good playmaker or goalscoring winger in a newly promoted side.

Good advice - I like to get in early so trying to think outside the box a little, maybe i'll just follow the crowd and go for a summer mover that hasn't been over-pumped yet.

I'm around 50% up on Greenwood and can see him hitting £4 before there is any chance of him dropping off - definitely keeping a close eye on him with an exit plan in mind.

• @Vespasian32
    Totally agree, inflated prices and with united likely too strengthen in every area these players are probably less likely too get there chance. 1 player that was missed from the list who I believe represents value is Axel Tuanzebe. I bought him at 42p and is steadily increasing. Currently 52p a share.

• @DavidMUFC1987 yes, exactly the type of player i'm buying... proved themselves on loan, coming back to a team with a gap to fill. I didn't go on Tuanzebe but he fits the bill.

I missed Greenwood but got in early on Brewster.

When FM 20 comes out i'll do a search for the next wonderkid :D

• Ole keeps talking about "when Fergie was here", "Back when Fergie was in charge" etc, and often drawing comparisons. I think he may have it in the back of his mind to create his own 'class of 2019' for next season. Greenwood 100% gets game time, 45 in 45 now I believe, plus 18 assists (yes, at youth level). Gomes, laird, Tuanzebe, Chong, Garner, Burkart, Williams, all will hopefully get a chance.

• The Europa League didn't do CHO's price any harm 🚂