Ajax...what we thinking?

• Ajax VS Spurs tomorrow.....who we thinking to jump on??

• Veltman (0.23) and Blind (0.31) look cheap. Also Dier at 0.27 looks good value if he starts!

• Think spurs are quite limited in midfield options compared to the ajax midfield who are running like a slick machine atm with no injuries. Think Ziyech and van de beek also have interesting summers ahead. I bought both of them a few days ago. Big rise already. Sorry to say the obvious ones.

• I think both semis are very very hard to call so wouldn't invest on the game(s) themselves other than simply trusting what futures I already hold... Would have loved this to be the final as I admire both clubs what they have done and how they have gone about business... Ajax for having persistence in a model that they have used for generations.. Tottenham and Pochettino for sticking to their guns in the transfer windows where the rest just carried on ridiculous splashing cash on averageness...

I do hope Ajax do it because I like looking back on lifes great achievements and along with those stars of 95 I think they'll be 10 or 11 of these boys that go on to big things. But if Spurs are to get to the final i'll be fully supporting them, would like nothing better than (a fit again) Big H scoring a champions league winner!!!

• I'm thinking anyone paid today/tomorrow is going to look at that fixture and invest at least some of their deposit on Ajax/Spurs players. Expecting some nice gains before 2pm tomorrow.

• Neres looks cheap for a striker in a champions league semi final. Young and likely to join a PB league in the summer along with several others. But you could make a case for several of them.
    They could be well suited to how Spurs play as in Spurs choking when closing in on silverware.

• @LuaLua

Agreed. In particular van de beek.. at 161 currently.. . He will be £2 in 10 days time : )

• Llorente. Will be 1 of 3 forwards on the pitch tomorrow

• For IPD's I'm going with Blind, these players always seem to come back and haunt, another old PL boy that could do some damage is Tadic, not on him myself though, have De Jong and Hakim Ziyech in my portfolio, should be some MB there too.

• I hope Ajax can do it... would be one of the best footballing moments outside of my club/s to see them win the CL. I think beating Spurs is well within their capacity - they should have their share of the ball so I think it's going to come down to being clinical on the night.

A lot of the Ajax players have had a massive rise... Donny looks like the one who regardless of whether they win or lose still has potential value in him. Can see him being coveted by pretty much every top team across Europe and in a PB league he is easily £2

I see the potential head to heads something like...

Ajax fav to beat Spurs but would lose the final
    Liverpool Fav to beat Barca and would beat Ajax in final but maybe not Spurs
    Barca will struggle vs Pool but id fancy them to beat Ajax or Spurs.

• @Vespasian32 You just never know in one off games mate, just imagine the media if Ajax got to the final to meet Barcelona.... Frenkie de Jong scores wonder goal to beat his new club to land CL trophy 🤣🤣

• @Webbinho and what about if Ajax get mauled like Dortmund will they see big drops

• @gball1975

Ajax.. van de beek ; )

All the attention has been on de ligt and de jong .. he's gone under the radar somewhat... but its his time now i get the feel8ng... .

• End of the road for Ajex.

4-0 Spurs.

• I don't see an attack of llorente and moura threatening a side who very happily dealt with Juve the favourites.

Spurs are also gonna want to keep it very tight with so many injuries and playing at home not wanting to give up an away goal.

There will likely be one goal in it after this game, two maximum.
    Which means both teams are very much in it going into next leg which for me makes either teams players a fairly safeish investment. As neither should see major drops.
    Altho I would think Ajaxs player prices are more held up by champions league success and could see a bigger drop if eliminated but they're probably favourites atm so the risk evens out.

The problem is who are you gonna invest in for spurs. Llorente and moura really aren't long term holds and could fall off a cliff price wise when Kane and son return or after they have a bad game. Then your left with maybe Alli who really hasn't been playing great. Or maybe Jan vertonghen or alderweiled no spurs players seem that attractive tbh.

Hence i just went with van de beek and ziyech. who have good mb potential after. instead of de ligt who looks way overpriced with a likely move to barca coming and not tadic who will stay at ajax. De jong also looks overpriced considering we don't know his true pb potential in that barca team.

• spurs have little choice but to throw it at them at home, and tbh its their style to push the full backs forward anyway.

I can see Ajax getting joy on the counter as Neres and Ziyach will cause problems. But 2 tight games I think. At this stage of the competition it should be as well.

• @Dan-The-Man

as a Hammer may I say this game will be no walk in the park for Spurs

• @Jad1982 don't forget Dortmund had 2 good chances to score and equalise before they made 2 errors.

that game was much closer than the scoreline made it seem. The 2nd leg was a damp squib.

mauled isnt the right phrase if you actually watched it

• @Ericali As good as De Ligt is, he has been vulnerable from corners and free-kicks. Llorente could bother him and Blind.

That said, De Ligt also scored headers in the same 2 games I saw him cock-up....Juve and Netherlands in the same week.
    Will spurs revert to throwing it into the box though ?

• @LuaLua said in Ajax...what we thinking?:

I don't see an attack of llorente and moura threatening a side who very happily dealt with Juve the favourites.

Spurs are also gonna want to keep it very tight with so many injuries and playing at home not wanting to give up an away goal.

There will likely be one goal in it after this game, two maximum.
    Which means both teams are very much in it going into next leg which for me makes either teams players a fairly safeish investment. As neither should see major drops.
    Altho I would think Ajaxs player prices are more held up by champions league success and could see a bigger drop if eliminated but they're probably favourites atm so the risk evens out.

The problem is who are you gonna invest in for spurs. Llorente and moura really aren't long term holds and could fall off a cliff price wise when Kane and son return or after they have a bad game. Then your left with maybe Alli who really hasn't been playing great. Or maybe Jan vertonghen or alderweiled no spurs players seem that attractive tbh.

Hence i just went with van de beek and ziyech. who have good mb potential after. instead of de ligt who looks way overpriced with a likely move to barca coming and not tadic who will stay at ajax. De jong also looks overpriced considering we don't know his true pb potential in that barca team.

As long as players like Pepe and fekir being well over £2.50 ziyech and neres will still look good buys, can’t see them dropping either way, only increasing more with a win.

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.