Selling after midnight tonight, miss out on5% in july

• Surely everyone understands that you have to keep the purchases until the 2nd part of the bonus ends on midnight 30th June?? Obviously you can just cash out after receiving 10% tonight, but that's the 5% down the drain, I read something on twitter about cashing out and repeating for 2nd part.... Not possible unfortunately 😁

FI are way to economically clever for that.

You buy now for 10k and get 1k bonus, you sell off that 10k tomorrow and you are now minus 10k for 2nd stage meaning you've paid commission for nothing.

Only way around it is if you can leave your portfolio alone and get your hands on more cash before 30th June, obviously you don't need to opt in this time, just bang it in b4 midnight on the final day and receive the 5%.

Damn why can't I have the bonus 🤦🏻‍♂️

• Has a bonus like this happened before? As a newbie, my worry is that after the 2nd bonus, the market will drop massively as people withdraw.

• @Andy-M said in Selling after midnight tonight, lose 5% in july:

Surely everyone understands that you have to keep the purchases until the 2nd part of the bonus ends on midnight 30th June?? Obviously you can just cash out after receiving 10% tonight, but that's the 5% down the drain, I read something on twitter about cashing out and repeating for 2nd part.... Not possible unfortunately 😁

FI are way to economically clever for that.

You buy now for 10k and get 1k bonus, you sell off that 10k tomorrow and you are now minus 10k for 2nd stage meaning you've paid commission for nothing.

Only way around it is if you can leave your portfolio alone and get your hands on more cash before 30th June, obviously you don't need to opt in this time, just bang it in b4 midnight on the final day and receive the 5%.

Damn why can't I have the bonus 🤦🏻‍♂️

Andy I've not deposited a penny (I refuse to go over my initial investment limit) and my portfolio is up over 3.5% this week - we are benefitting from this summer bonus without actually taking part mate 😉.

• @Moukoko Last time the market was pretty stable as money being withdrawn was pretty equal to the money being reinvested. Considering the growth we've all had over the last month, and will probably continue to have over the next, people will likely not want to miss out on that, so I reckon prices should continue to go up. The summer dividends will help this hugely!

• Yeah the 5% is designed to encourage people to not sell, and to reinvest if they do. My feeling is it will help keep market bit more stable, but i do expect some small collapses on players who are over valued and poor MB performers

• @Moukoko All bonus periods will go up massively and drop off slightly, but this one is extremely well thought out, People probably won't want to take out because they are mainly buying for the summer MB, you can see it in the type of players that have shot up, the 2nd bonus will keep most traders in until this MB period, once the MB period ends it'll be that time when people start building for next season, I'm expecting it to be quite stable, you never know on here though, tomorrow is going to be interesting 😁

@ScouseSte Yeah it's lovely mate, I'd fallen 2k since the peak of SS, all that and more is back again, plus i took out 200 quid, nice to pull down my initial deposits bit by bit.
    As you know I can't deposit from Sweden, but i had sold off a few thousand in anticipation of some sort of bonus, so I lost commission for nothing, that was painful.

• Surely you don't lose 5%, you just don't earn 5% on any further net buys as the withdrawal would bring you net negative?

I think the 2 phases suited different buyers.

Those with loads of wonga would have maxed out this one, and now have a lump to put in the next.
    Those without would have done what they can in this phase and then may plan on removing either the bonus cash or sell off some to get money back out.

I'm hopeful there will be more big boys buying to get their 2k, than those withdrawing. And most of us will put the cash bonus in anyway.

OR did the 5% start at same time of the 10% for calculating net buys???

• Potentially lose 5% in July

misleading headline. cashing in won't cause a 5% loss.

It Will leave you on -10k (for example) at the start of bonus Pt2. But unless you're intending to invest more funds on top of that 10k the 5% won't matter anyway

• @Munchie63 I'll edit that mate, thanks.
    Normally titles are misleading, good way to get people to fully read 🤣

Is that better ? I've changed it.

• @Andy-M good man.

you know some will read it and hit panic mode.

Can see from other threads there's confusion over how the 5% works and the start and end dates etc. Less panic the better

• @Westy the 5% starts tonight at midnight... So anyone selling shares and withdrawing will find it hard to benefit from the 5% bonus... Is what Andy means.

I won't be able to go for the 5% but I've maxed out my 10% and would never have had enough to make more than £1000 at 5%.

I won't withdraw much. Just can't put more in.

• @Vespasian32 said in Selling after midnight tonight, miss out on5% in july:

@Westy the 5% starts tonight at midnight... So anyone selling shares and withdrawing will find it hard to benefit from the 5% bonus... Is what Andy means.

I won't be able to go for the 5% but I've maxed out my 10% and would never have had enough to make more than £1000 at 5%.

I won't withdraw much. Just can't put more in.

Yeh, the title of the thread has since changed to clear up my thought.