Selling tactics

• Hi everyone,

New player here and would like to know a bit more about selling players to market. Obviously do not want to IS. What do you do when there is a large spread, for example let's say 20p. Do you set the reserve price 1-2 p under the current buy price, or go somewhere in the middle?

• I always just add them to the selling queue. Always seem to get the current share price when I do this

• @NewUser284339 Hi, welcome mate.
    The spread has nothing to do with the market sale, that's just instant sell price.
    When u are putting a player on the market just press sell, hit the join sell queue button and then press confirm, the reserve price has never worked and I'm flabbergasted that it's not been removed.

Good luck trading.

• @NewUser284339 said in Selling tactics:

Obviously do not want to IS.

Only word of caution it can be useful in a major adverse information situation; major injury, plane/bus crash, transfer collapse etc but usually only in extremis. Obviously if the likely price fall is going to be substantial & sustained a quick, early sell can be the best strategy.

• @NewUser159387 lower end priced players are fine to use IS normally.

• If I have my money tied up in someone and I quickly want to move it into someone else that I expect is going to go up I might IS. Usually only do this if the spread is low.

• @Andy-M said in Selling tactics:

@NewUser284339 Hi, welcome mate.
    The spread has nothing to do with the market sale, that's just instant sell price.
    When u are putting a player on the market just press sell, hit the join sell queue button and then press confirm, the reserve price has never worked and I'm flabbergasted that it's not been removed.

Good luck trading.

Hey Andy, I've noticed the last month or two the reserve price DOES work in some aspect mate...

How it works is, if your reserve price is higher than what the current price is when it gets to your turn in the sell queue then your sale order is cancelled. The first time it happened I thought it was a glitch when I tried to sell Salah not long after Christmas. Then someone pointed it out to me so when I tried to sell Moise Kean a couple of weeks ago I set a reserve again. Two days later and he's back in my portfolio, much lower in value (so obviously my reserve wasn't met when it got to my turn and the sale cancelled again).

I've said it in a thread before, but the sooner Order Books are implemented (where we can visibly SEE some kind of queue / order) the better!

**the reserve I set on Salah prevented me from selling and I was livid at the time not knowing why. However, since then he has risen MASSIVELY so setting a reserve inadvertently worked in some way πŸ€—πŸ˜†

• @ScouseSte wouldn't call that working though Ste, people were furious that they'd lost their places in the queue.
    If I'm prepared to sell and the price is dropping slightly then I'll wait and observe, if it's something like CHO or VJ with a serious injury then ill bash that IS button like a mad man 😁.

Happy Salah worked in your favour though πŸ€—

• @Andy-M said in Selling tactics:

@ScouseSte wouldn't call that working though Ste, people were furious that they'd lost their places in the queue.
    If I'm prepared to sell and the price is dropping slightly then I'll wait and observe, if it's something like CHO or VJ with a serious injury then ill bash that IS button like a mad man 😁.

Happy Salah worked in your favour though πŸ€—

Yea I was furious too until I realised how the reserve price worked - if you don't want to lose your place in the queue, don't put a reserve on.
    You can still sell to market without a reserve.

The Moise Kean one taught me a valuable lesson, as my reserve price was set so I'd still be in profit after commission. . . Unfortunately the sell queue must have been massive so when it eventually came to my turn, the price was way below so out the queue I got booted. His price subsequently fell another 15p or so. If I hadn't put a reserve on, I'd have banked profit instead of now holding a player in the red :/

• @Andy-M

It can be useful and it does seem to do as I'd expect. Sometimes I have a lowest price in mind so it is a relief now that they get removed from the queue as opposed to being sold anyway as before. Once you get to lead of the queue you either sell or don't and reserve could dictate you don't. If you got to stay at the lead of the queue until the price rose again, I don't see how it could work and the queue would be neverending.

• @ScouseSte Totally agree mate, but why should u lose your place in the queue?? Just let the next in queue get a chance and repeat until price rises, I never use reserve so doesn't bother me.
    What i meant earlier is ill put in the queue, obseeve the price, if i think it's too low then I'll cancel and try another day, like when they score, we have 3 years right.
    I just put some players in the queue 5min ago and cancelled after about 3 seconds 🀣🀣🀣

@Alpilgrim happy it's helpful for some traders at leastπŸ‘
    Normally if a price is dropping then you don't expect sales anyway, 99% sell on a rise.