Riqui Puig / Abel Ruiz

• Barca sealed the La Liga title on Saturday and are expected to completely change their line-ups for the remaining three games with some of their youth prospects coming into the team.

Riqui Puig is a stand out for me having featured recently and with another chance to impress his price will increase again.

I'm also hoping to see Abel Ruiz who should be getting some game time next season depending on who Barca sign in the summer. He'll be back-up to Suarez should they not sign Jovic.

Any others you guys are looking at?

• @GOT-GOT-NEED Marcus McGuane. He's the second English player to sign for Barcelona first being Gary Lineker. He has already played once for Barcelona in the Catalan Super Cup final. He keep off the bench in the second half. Could start or could start off the bench. Is a CDM but has been playing on the wing for Barcelona B. 35p Low risk

• I'll check him out. Has he featured in the England youth setup at all?

• @benmorley24 He's miles off the first team though. Has struggled to get into the B side. Would be very surprised if he makes it at Barca.

• @GOT-GOT-NEED said in Riqui Puig / Abel Ruiz:

Barca sealed the La Liga title on Saturday and are expected to completely change their line-ups for the remaining three games with some of their youth prospects coming into the team.

Riqui Puig is a stand out for me having featured recently and with another chance to impress his price will increase again.

I'm also hoping to see Abel Ruiz who should be getting some game time next season depending on who Barca sign in the summer. He'll be back-up to Suarez should they not sign Jovic.

Any others you guys are looking at?

Puig has had one appearance this season, which was in March, and Barca got beat by Girona in the supercopa de catalunya. (Correct me if i am wrong).

Ruiz had had none.

I think it is more likely that Valverde rotates amongst the second string. Although the league is won, he needs to keep the team focused and sharp with the Champions League still on the line.

It is far more likely that bit part players like Coutinho, Vidal, Alena, Kevin Prince Boateng, Sergi Roberto, Malcolm and Vermaelen are all given 90 mins, with Messi, Suarez, Busquets, etc playing 20 mins or so to keep them ticking over.

I could be wrong though ... 🤔👍

• @BarbayanBrawler Don't get me wrong I too don't see him being the next big thing at Barcelona I can see him being loaned out next season and potentially moving to another club in a few years or so. But, they brought him for Arsenal so they see something in him. He did pick up a hamstring injury and since recovering he has been rotated in different positions on the pitch. They played him in the Catalan Super Cup Final so they must like him to actually play him for Barcelona. Because, if they did not like him then why would he be put into the final and why would they let him train with the first team?

• @johnboywalker said in Riqui Puig / Abel Ruiz:

It is far more likely that bit part players like Coutinho, Vidal, Alena, Kevin Prince Boateng, Sergi Roberto, Malcolm and Vermaelen are all given 90 mins

Some of these guys will play but a couple of the youngsters will get some first team minutes for sure.

Valverde is looking to build them into the first team and it's the perfect opportunity.

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.