Bonus sell off - Hold, and stay calm.

• The recent bonus has been paid (hopefully) and there seems to be plenty of investors selling to recoup funds.

FI have been very clever and there is now a 2 month 5% bonus which will lead to a new level of increases, so stay calm and consider buying more shares on players with potential for growth.

I would suggest only selling if you are unsure of the future growth.

The top 20 players seem to have depreciated the most which seems strange with the potential summer bonus on offer.

Good luck to all.

• @Long-Haul-Col
    The smart ones would have sold off early, the not so smart ones will be selling off now.

• Its the not so smart ones that I am talking about, why sell as the market is on a downturn.

Anyway we have seen some incredible growth so this was probably always going to happen.

That said if you have the funds to invest in the market then the 2nd bonus will be even more profitable so onwards and upwards.

• @Long-Haul-Col
    Always going too happen like you said, happens every time 🤣
    Towards the end of the 2nd bonus you’ll see a spike again and when the bonus is paid you’ll see the same again. The ones selling now won’t be making any money, maybe a few pence but losing 10% doesnt appeal too me so I’ll just ride this out and keep riding the highs and the lows. Patience is key 😎

• Patience as you say, is the key so will spend the bonus once the market has corrected.

• I suppose it’s only fair that FI get a bonus high commission day or two - selling is how they make money after all.

• Looks like one or more of the big boys have taken advantage of the drops and pumped in a wedge of cash. Nice rises over night.

• @Allams-Out said in Bonus sell off - Hold, and stay calm.:

Looks like one or more of the big boys have taken advantage of the drops and pumped in a wedge of cash. Nice rises over night.

Or, as I suspect, there was a manipulated listing of media magnets just after midnight on 1st May to drive down prices and these were all unlisted overnight last night. My portfolio is up £250 since midnight.

• @Allams-Out Looks like it's confined to three players - Neymar, Sancho and Salah. All of the other big boys are still dropping. I woke up to a nice £500 boost after a savage day yesterday, but since then it's continued to drop off again.

Who is selling at this point? If you missed the boat early yesterday morning then surely it would be best to sit tight and ride it our by now? I just do no understand some of the behaviour on the index anymore!

• @Wotabeast and pepe went up about 15p overnight.

• @Wotabeast only people I've sold off are the shares I've held in players for a while and there value has peaked (same level for a number of months) they aren't in the big leagues and won't be getting MB over the summer so sold to reinvest. Still holding onto my longer term ones and reinvesting whats been sold (at a nice profit might I add).

• @NeaviePops23

Sell queue must be very long. I listed Neymar and Salah from 10pm last night, neither have sold. Since then they have had the increases, so I don’t think it’s people buying, more a case of people unlisting

• Well, I've successfully managed to NOT LOOK AT MY PORTFOLIO since half time in the Barcelona/Liverpool match. I didn't think I could do it! But I have! I've broken the addiction pattern 💪🏻😊.

The big drops really panicked me but I'm absolutely in this for the long term so I've decided to try and not look at my portfolio until THE NEW SEASON KICKS OFF 😱😳🙈.

I'll still check in with the forum though

• @Zidave said in Bonus sell off - Hold, and stay calm.:

@Allams-Out said in Bonus sell off - Hold, and stay calm.:

Looks like one or more of the big boys have taken advantage of the drops and pumped in a wedge of cash. Nice rises over night.

Or, as I suspect, there was a manipulated listing of media magnets just after midnight on 1st May to drive down prices and these were all unlisted overnight last night. My portfolio is up £250 since midnight.

I agree that was clearly the case, particularly with respect to Neymar I think.

• @adam1984 said in Bonus sell off - Hold, and stay calm.:

@NeaviePops23

Sell queue must be very long. I listed Neymar and Salah from 10pm last night, neither have sold. Since then they have had the increases, so I don’t think it’s people buying, more a case of people unlisting

@Zidave further support for the theory.

• Never ceases to amaze how many negative comments arise every time there is the slightest blip in the market. What people seem to forget is one of the key rules for investing - it's time in the market, not trying to time the market, that counts. Patience is the key

• @ScouseSte applaudable. I don't know your portfolio, I'd say it's a big risk if you have a group like werner, pepe, Ndombele, hazard etc who wil rise and fall with the transfer sagas and whether it's good or bad will depend on the end destination.
    . Very sensible to step away tho if your port is just solid holds and PB players etc

• Thank god they have risen. Can get on with my life again.

• And the drop commences again. Something dodgy going on if you ask me. At the point of putting my Neymar futures for sale, he rose 24p. Since then he has dropped 8p, yet not one future has sold. Either no one is buying Neymar, which I strongly doubt, or something untoward is going on

• @adam1984

If every share in the queue for Neymar was represented by 1 baked bean... strung together those beans would go round the planet 17.3 times.

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.