Investment potential of Terrier

• The investment potential of Martin Terrier

He has been named by Goal,com as one of Europe's young stars to watch out for https://www.goal.com/en-gb/lists/vinicius-weah-europes-young-stars-to-watch-out-for-in-2018/cp12owoxg8lg1v31dqwsiilxg#1rt14l26vj1wc1vzbtix3lfihe

Stadium talk as one of the top 25 rising stars to watch out for https://www.goal.com/en-gb/lists/vinicius-weah-europes-young-stars-to-watch-out-for-in-2018/cp12owoxg8lg1v31dqwsiilxg#1rt14l26vj1wc1vzbtix3lfihe

He was named in 50 for the future 2018/19 by UEFA
    https://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/news/newsid=2528631.html

“All he does is right,” said Lyon head of recruitment Florian Maurice last year. “He is powerful, fast, very comfortable technically and very skillful in front of the goal.”

I first purchased Martin Terrier in the summer for 67p old money (22p new money). He was on my radar having signed from lille in January 2018, and continued his loan at Strasbourg until the summer.
    It was my theory that he had been signed as Nabil Fekir's direct replacement. Having read some of the press about his potential and after a great pre-season, he was handed the no.7 squad shirt so I upped him.
    At the start of the season Fekir was being rested after the world cup, and Terrier got his first start. He won me dividends on a thousand shares straight away, and rose to £1.95 (65p). Sure I was on the a winner I upped him again. At this stage I had shares at an overall cost of £1.55 (54p)
    Then came the hammer blow. The Fekir deal fell through, and Terrier's limited opportunity made him stagnate and drop as low as £1.20 (40p).
    In January, Terrier expressed that he would leave if he did not play. Newcastle tried to get him on loan, but since he made this statement he has started most of Lyons games, scoring 5 in 6 matches of late from the left wing (he can operate anywhere across the front line, extremely classy footballer).
    Having seen lyon linked with some wingers of late, and with Fekir likely departing, I believe Terrier will move into Fekir's position next season. This will mean that he will be far more involved in buildup play and will be the link between midfield and attack (currently on the left he’s sometimes isolated, but he is technically gifted and a very good passer), and his pb scores will get even better.
    He has scored 8 goals in 12 starts in the league, 10 goals in 15 starts in all competitions. He has won me dividends twice this season, on both occasions Friday night games (of which Lyon play many each season.)
    He has scored 7 goals in 13 games for France U21, and he will be playing for them in the U21 tournament this summer.
    His price has gone up a fair bit recently, but looking at other comparable players who make UEFA's 50 best young players list, who are already playing for a top teams, and who are already winning dividends, he represents fantastic value as a long term hold (I can only think of one or two who tick all of those boxes, and they are all over £3)

• I bloody love him! Sold him for profit but may get back on him soon

• Seems to have that ipd tag attached to him of late.

On my radar for next season though.

• @Gazz127 Aye, it can almost be a hinderance for a player when they are consistently scoring - they will go up 10p pre match and go down 12p if they don’t score.. it is off-putting for those buying long term as they can quickly end up in the red if purchased at the wrong moment...
    That said, I watch Lyon a lot, they are kind of an adopted second team since I started on football index (Lyon in France, Frankfurt in Germany, Valencia in Spain - I knew fook all about any foreign teams a year ago!)
    This is what I love about the index - I can watch any game in any league and be interested..
    Lyon play loads of Friday games and are high scoring - aouar is a points machine in midfield and last seaso depay was winning pb for fun. This season they have been shockingly inconsistent - I’ve been infuriated watching them (it’s like watching arsenal under late years Wenger) They should be doing a lot better than they are. Their manager has stepped down, and amongst others being mentioned with the job is one Arsene Wenger..
    Next season they will be in the CL, new manager and a fantastic young squad.. I’m in deep on several of their players and I’ve made excellent returns.. My £2700 investment in Terrier has paid me around £250 in dividends, so 10% return on that alone. Growth has made £1600, so pretty healthy stats - albeit a period in January where I was severely in the red, but that in itself is a lesson in patience... I’ll be getting on any player linked with Lyon over the summer - potential gold mine - see my Mahmoud Hassan Trezeguet post from earlier!

• @NewUser137990 I try to watch what French football I can and been very impressed by Aouar this season as well as Terrier (fine investment there).

Come next season Terrier and price permitting Aouar will be long term holds.

French football has some amazing talent that is untapped to a certain extent.

• @Gazz127 agree buddy ..plenty of talent.

• @NewUser137990 ndombele leaves, sangare brought in to replace. Thats my belief

• @Finlay77 Aye I’m on sanagre (reminds me of Pogba) and djibrl Sow, both linked with Lyon.. Also on Thuram and saint-maximin who could end up there. Saint-maximin is an outrageous talent but his end product sometimes found wanting.. Reminds me of sterling from a few years back. Terrier reminds me of van persie in some ways, he has an elegance.. I’ve seen him score two this season by almost casually passing the ball into the corner of the net from outside of the area

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.