Dwight McNeil

• I have mentioned in another thread but wanted to get some more opinions...

Dwight McNeil at Burnley, only broke into the team halfway through the season and chipped in with a respectable amount of goals and assists. 19yo and English, linked with numerous big clubs and surely on Gareth Southgate radar and only a matter of time until and England call up. Suprised at his price of £1.38.

• @Joe-A I tend to agree, lots going for him Young, English, playing regular PL football.

Whats not to like, also should be involved in the Euro U21 Tournament in June for England, where they have a realistic chance to win.

Only downside for his price is probably the fact that he plays for Burnley (sorry Burnley fans) but at one of the bigger clubs his price would soar (assuming he could get a game).

That said still plenty of scope for an increase IMO

• @Joe-A said in Dwight McNeil:

I have mentioned in another thread but wanted to get some more opinions...

Dwight McNeil at Burnley, only broke into the team halfway through the season and chipped in with a respectable amount of goals and assists. 19yo and English, linked with numerous big clubs and surely on Gareth Southgate radar and only a matter of time until and England call up. Suprised at his price of £1.38.

It was painful to sell him this week for profit (c £68) as I saw him as a long-term hold. He was my first and only IPO buy. But I had to be ruthless and gear my port for genuine PB league transfer prospects (Pepe, Jovic, Isak, Skov, etc) and MB stars for the summer. McNeil is going nowhere, Burnley is not selling, so there won't be any MB, all you have is price appreciation which I took. Definitely will get back on him at the start of the new season.

• Just because Burnley do t want to sell doesn’t mean there won’t be bids from big clubs and a bit of speculation.

• Lots of activity at Burnley this summer. They could well cash in on Mcneil. They had a deal in place for Che Adams in January until Bham increased price at last minute and Burnley chairman said no. Dyche was happy to pay the £15m asking price having received £9m for Sam Vokes. Burnley chairman loves to make profit on players and sees Mcneil as a big win.