• 41, we are all of a similar age to remember when van der vaart was an fm wonderkid!! ps haven't played that game in a long long time!

• @dannypea do you remember emlyn hughes international soccer !

• @Jad1982 Yes mate. Was a seperate disc wasn't it? Had some weird bootleg version Champ manager world that someone had made up. All best teams in the world put in the english divisions. Still got Champ manager 08 on Xbox. Shevchenko,Pirlo,Mutu, Viera all superb .

• @Vespasian32 My favourite team to play as for a semi challenge. Had a great team but no money to spend.

• 30 and another one of the FM generation (last one I bought was 16).

• @Tom77 said in Age:

Its turning into football manager on the forum I wonder what the average age is here.
    I’m 42.

I like how this has turned into a question of how many people played Fm... i first misread it as an insult to the youths on the index being stupid and just buying players they liked. Guess I'm pretty cynical for my age of 22 😅😂.
    For the record I have never played Fm.

• Wow your all kids lol

• I had FM on a PSP. What ruined the game for me was I worked out if a match wasn't going my way I could hit the power button at about 80min then boot back up like the match never happened.

• @LuaLua said in Age:

@Tom77 said in Age:

Its turning into football manager on the forum I wonder what the average age is here.
    I’m 42.

I like how this has turned into a question of how many people played Fm... i first misread it as an insult to the youths on the index being stupid and just buying players they liked. Guess I'm pretty cynical for my age of 22 😅😂.
    For the record I have never played Fm.

It was definitely intended as an insult which makes it all the more satisfying 😁 fm rules... You can't Diss fm anywhere but especially not a football forum!

• I still play FM lol....38 years wise

• 56 and have not played FM for a few years, so trying to get to grips with FM19. I go back to text only champ manager and getting a winger for free called Haruna Babangida with 20 pace. Could run down the wing like lightning but nothing else as rest of his stats were pants..

• I'm 41 & I've been on FI since I was 41.
    Used to play and love FM but haven't played it for many years now.

• 57 & here to make money ONLY

• I'm 54. I'm here to invest my money in a fun way.

• @Finlay77 said in Age:

@dannypea do you remember emlyn hughes international soccer !

I remember Emilyn Hughes playing!

• Really surprised in my relatively short time here that there hasn't been a full on FM/CM thread. Everyone has enjoyed this one I think... defo some more older names to be discussed though...

• Some others for us oldies.

Microprose soccer which was a precursor to sensible soccer.

Kick off which had a bit if an obsessive fanboy following.

And does anyone remember on the ball world cup edition? Manager sim which was really unique. Had an almost adventure game element to it with multiple choice elements on how you interested with players etc.

1. I grew up playing adidas power soccer on the ps1. Could kick the ref and power shot the keeper into his own net! Many hours wasted with the ref set to blind mode!

• @Finlay77 yes absolute legend of a game.. i used to sit their editing the players names on my C64 before every match!!!

actually purchased the C64 mini recently (its crap don't do it) and think there's a tool to upload the game but not sure if i played it now might ruin all that nostalgia if it turns out to be as bad as my memory has forgotten it to be!!!!

@Allams-Out Microprose Soccer was brilliant... I liked the Man Utd in Europe games and you can't forget Dino Dini's Kick Off.. 2 & 3 were unbelievable at the time!!! I was a huge fan of Goal too which i actually preferred to sensi back then!!!!

Its a real shame as back then there seemed to be more choice for football fans... nowadays if it isn't FIFA it isn't worth having... Oh how money and sponsorship has ruined our childrens lives!!!!

• @dannypea totally agree, dont want to play today, it was amazing how we could edit names back then 😂 ah the days of horace goes skiing ,just aint the same today !!

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.