• @Finlay77 said in Age:

@dannypea do you remember emlyn hughes international soccer !

I remember Emilyn Hughes playing!

• Really surprised in my relatively short time here that there hasn't been a full on FM/CM thread. Everyone has enjoyed this one I think... defo some more older names to be discussed though...

• Some others for us oldies.

Microprose soccer which was a precursor to sensible soccer.

Kick off which had a bit if an obsessive fanboy following.

And does anyone remember on the ball world cup edition? Manager sim which was really unique. Had an almost adventure game element to it with multiple choice elements on how you interested with players etc.

1. I grew up playing adidas power soccer on the ps1. Could kick the ref and power shot the keeper into his own net! Many hours wasted with the ref set to blind mode!

• @Finlay77 yes absolute legend of a game.. i used to sit their editing the players names on my C64 before every match!!!

actually purchased the C64 mini recently (its crap don't do it) and think there's a tool to upload the game but not sure if i played it now might ruin all that nostalgia if it turns out to be as bad as my memory has forgotten it to be!!!!

@Allams-Out Microprose Soccer was brilliant... I liked the Man Utd in Europe games and you can't forget Dino Dini's Kick Off.. 2 & 3 were unbelievable at the time!!! I was a huge fan of Goal too which i actually preferred to sensi back then!!!!

Its a real shame as back then there seemed to be more choice for football fans... nowadays if it isn't FIFA it isn't worth having... Oh how money and sponsorship has ruined our childrens lives!!!!

• @dannypea totally agree, dont want to play today, it was amazing how we could edit names back then 😂 ah the days of horace goes skiing ,just aint the same today !!

• For me it doesn't get better than champ man 97/98. Always signed denilson, bakayoko, Erik Nevland. Still have it on my laptop.

• I’m 33 and although I’ve played every CM/FM since about ‘97, nothing compared to CM 01/02, this topic has made me want to load a game!

To Madeira, Tsigalko and Cherno Samba to choose from up top, Mark Kerr bossing the midfield and West and Okoronkwo were the rocks at the back!

1. Spent an entire summer in '92 with my mate playing Champo as Blackpool and Crewe...

Dele Adebola where are you now?

As for footie games the C64 had International soccer.

0_1557390446122_upload-293dbed1-de4c-4def-8670-758f07689a32

See above where if you run diagonally you look like elvis!

• @Ellisandro said in Age:

1. Spent an entire summer in '92 with my mate playing Champo as Blackpool and Crewe...

Yep had that.

Here's a good one. Brian Clough's football fortunes. It was part board game, part computer game. Was pretty good but it was only a matter of time until you got a full team of top rated players and then it became pretty pointless. You'd just win every game.

alt text

• @Allams-Out said in Age:

@Ellisandro said in Age:

Yep had that.

Here's a good one. Brian Clough's football fortunes. It was part board game, part computer game. Was pretty good but it was only a matter of time until you got a full team of top rated players and then it became pretty pointless. You'd just win every game.

alt text

Young man, i'm not saying this was the best computer game but it was in the top 1.

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.