Neres -34p

• The drop (-34p) in David Neres is nonsensical.

It suggests people were only willing to hold him for the CL final (1 PB game) and then would’ve got rid as they see no future/transfer speculation in him. He’s exactly the same player he was prior to Ajax conceding that goal, minus a final. Absolutely bonkers.

• I hold him but I would have to say that his price was blown up just because of Ajax’s run in champions league.

Don’t get me wrong I think he is a good player but he went from around 80p to £2.40 in the space of 6months.

I stupidly bought him at his highest value and I think I’ll be lucky to get that back even with a summer of transfer speculation.

I do think he will recover a little bit in the next week and be back to around £2.05 🤞🤞

• @HLD178 said in Neres -34p:

The drop (-34p) in David Neres is nonsensical.

It suggests people were only willing to hold him for the CL final (1 PB game) and then would’ve got rid as they see no future/transfer speculation in him. He’s exactly the same player he was prior to Ajax conceding that goal, minus a final. Absolutely bonkers.

There is transfer speculation on him. BBC Gossip claimed Liverpool are watching him. I don't hold, but was thinking of getting him for MB if the links are true.

• My point exactly @Londoner.

Anyone selling is merely panicking because he no longer has a CL final upcoming. All other positives remain.

• @HLD178 I was about to sell him mid-game but had strong faith in Ajax. After the drop he stopped at 1p up so no red at least 😅 Shame they didn’t get to final I hope he’ll recover a little

• This is the beauty of FI and the beauty of CL. I bought last year as he looked a good player and then sold as he made no headway price wise. He is currently the 11th highest rated Ajax player on Whoscored.com this season.
    His best moments were in the biggest games and obviously has talent which caused huge rises whereas Ziyech has been their main man all season and maybe he will hold firmer.

Admittedly I don't watch Ajax every week but form most of my opinions from stats throughout the year.

Overall, if you perform in the limelight however briefly you will get huge rises and bigger drops.

• @HLD178 my thoughts exactly!! Makes you question the logic of some traders. But then again, i suppose its an opportunity to top up on all the ajax players

• He's likely to move to a big club in a PB league with some possible MB's. The CL panic sells are very silly, but next season I'll have a better idea how to profit from the dips.

• I bought for links to Arsenal, Everton and Liverpool. Think he'd get MB through that and then MB during first few games- especially if he starts well- Look at Higuain dominating MB when he first joined Chelsea.

He may also make the Brazil squad for Copa.

• I’m sure he will get Mb in the next few months.

• @HLD178
    Shows the intelligence, however Im loving competing with these people rather than that ruthless maniac who runs bet365.

• By the end of the month some of the big guns with there bonus money will lap up the drop in price and take advantage

• I've just freed up funds to buy him on the drop.

• I got 375 @ 89p sold 150 when he was at 238 and got my money back what I paid for him and keeping the rest got no intention in selling him at the mo I think he will go to one of the big boys especially if he does well in copa America just hold there are other good Dutch players who may go under the radar from PSV and Feyenoord that look cheap and could get big moves

• A tentative transfer link, but any publicity is good publicity

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpool-arsenal-transfer-boost-ajax-15749495

• At what point are people getting out of neres? I’m down about £300 on him at the moment and not sure it’s it’s best to just cut losses and reinvest.

Doesn’t seem to be any sign of his price dropping at the moment. I’d like to wait until the end of May to see if he jumps back up but can’t see me recovering and the rest of the money I ha e on him could probably be invested better elsewhere

Thoughts?

• I guess there is a chance he makes the Brazil squad for copa America. Made his debut in March and assisted so has chance. That could see a rise maybe and especially if he gets game time.

• @Weggers83

Possibly, needs that transfer buzz for me tho. Are you holding him?

• @GregT14

Yes, but similar to you im debating whether to hold or not. I tend to play for the long hold so I will probably keep, but keeping a close eye on him.

• @Weggers83

Yeah, let’s just hope for some media buzz in the coming days