Alexis Sanchez

• His price has rocketed during this transfer window. Much more than I ever thought.........once his transfer has been completed what price do you think he will drop too?

• I've questioned myself a few times on this one.... Should I sell, should I hold.... the facts are (regardless of the price increase) in 2 months i've had a 10% buzz return from Sanchez... so although i'm tempted to sell now and make a huge £2 per IPO I still have 2 years 10 months of PB's & MB's I could be getting whilst he's at United??? Tricky, but I'm airing on the side of keep... His value could go down, but with an influx of new players (and an improvement in form) it could also go up despite him getting a little too close to the big 3 0 for me to be completely comfortable with it all? A real conundrum...

• @dannypea most players drop imminently after a transfer has been completed.....don't see why this would be any different for Sanchez even after this massive IPO increase......I'm sure increase is due to MB only and his price will drop. Personally I would sell now and reinvest after his price has dropped......if his price doesn't suddenly drop after transfer to Utd then I'm not understanding this football index at all........

• @NewUser81547
    In general, players see a big drop when they complete a transfer because the media get bored and move on. We've seen that with Coutinho and Van Dijk in this transfer window, and before that with players like James, Morata ,and Payet. The media love writing about Man Utd players though, which should help Alexis maintain a high premium. It's a judgement call as to whether he'll drop at all. Personally I think he'll be good for about 40p in dividends a month until the World Cup - a £2 return is plenty to justify an £8+ price tag until then.

• Sell now, buy back early Feb (after price drop), hey what do I know only be at it for a couple of months - but loving it...

• I think perhaps the rise in value is down to FI wanting those to cash in on Alexis thus save them from paying out all these dividends every day... 2 weeks paying out on the same player can't be good for them? I predict his value to go down of course but who's to say it won't rise if he does the business for United week in week out (which he's more than capable of doing)? If he was playing in the World Cup it would be a no brainer to keep him but the fact he isn't does make him more sellable at this price? I might just flip a coin??? ;-)

• @dannypea The value is set by market-based supply and demand. He's trading at £7.23 because traders have collectively been willing to buy 100 at every penny interval from 25p.

If 100 futures are bought at £7.23, he'll hit £7.24, and so on. FI don't artificially inflate the price to put off traders.

• so the price is simply reflective of how many futures folk have brought? ie more people have Neymar, then Messi, then Kane??? So a mass exodus of either player will see a drop in value??? whilst the least brought player of all is Marwin Hitz at 0.24p??? Didn't realise how simple the dynamics was???

• The penny per 100 is unconfirmed by the way although it certainly works that way at the lower end of the spectrum.

Also don't forget that not all player's ipo'd at 25p either, I hadn't even heard of FI (much to my dismay) back in 2015 but I suspect they started off with a core set of players and since then they've also performed a share split which quartered their price but quadrupled their ownership.

• @dannypea said in Alexis Sanchez:

so the price is simply reflective of how many futures folk have brought? ie more people have Neymar, then Messi, then Kane??? So a mass exodus of either player will see a drop in value??? whilst the least brought player of all is Marwin Hitz at 0.24p??? Didn't realise how simple the dynamics was???

Looking at his graph Hitz IPO'd at 20p so there's 400 futures owned. There are, however, loads of players on the system with zero ownership! Or at least <100

• @NewUser81547 said in Alexis Sanchez:

@dannypea most players drop imminently after a transfer has been completed.....don't see why this would be any different for Sanchez even after this massive IPO increase......I'm sure increase is due to MB only and his price will drop. Personally I would sell now and reinvest after his price has dropped......if his price doesn't suddenly drop after transfer to Utd then I'm not understanding this football index at all........

United are a bit different though as they get the most media attention and the word United boost points per articles so players are worth more at Man Utd than at other clubs. Difficult to say what happens, I can't see much of a drop short-term.

The big thing if you own him will be to get 'out' before the summer because he wont be in the World Cup and people will be transferring money into transfer spec players and world cup players. You'd probably want to sell him before the last game of the Prem season - same goes with other non WC players but particularly Sanshez.

• @mike778 said in Alexis Sanchez:

@NewUser81547 said in Alexis Sanchez:

@dannypea most players drop imminently after a transfer has been completed.....don't see why this would be any different for Sanchez even after this massive IPO increase......I'm sure increase is due to MB only and his price will drop. Personally I would sell now and reinvest after his price has dropped......if his price doesn't suddenly drop after transfer to Utd then I'm not understanding this football index at all........

United are a bit different though as they get the most media attention and the word United boost points per articles so players are worth more at Man Utd than at other clubs. Difficult to say what happens, I can't see much of a drop short-term.

The big thing if you own him will be to get 'out' before the summer because he wont be in the World Cup and people will be transferring money into transfer spec players and world cup players. You'd probably want to sell him before the last game of the Prem season - same goes with other non WC players but particularly Sanshez.

Does the word United really carry more points for Media Buzz? What about Hot in Hotspur ;-)

• It’s right man united is the buzz players always out of HOT spurs we only get Kane buzz I’ve just sold Ali has no Buzz wins which is a suprise!

• i'd be cautious with Sanchez - everyone was going apes**t about Van Dijk not long ago & he's now 77p off his high & that's after his man-mountain header in the merseyside derby. means i've just got him at a 30% discount tho, so not too unhappy. guess dividends were earned but still ...

• @Agatello said in Alexis Sanchez:

@mike778 said in Alexis Sanchez:

Does the word United really carry more points for Media Buzz? What about Hot in Hotspur ;-)

Yep - apparently United does boost media points - sadly Hotspurs doesn't ;-)

Victor counts as well so with Victor and United in every headline - Lindelof just needed an article about going the chippie to generate 100 odd points.

• @mike778 said in Alexis Sanchez:

@Agatello said in Alexis Sanchez:

@mike778 said in Alexis Sanchez:

Yep - apparently United does boost media points - sadly Hotspurs doesn't ;-)

Victor counts as well so with Victor and United in every headline - Lindelof just needed an article about going the chippie to generate 100 odd points.

In that thiory, if Kane ever went to united he would win the most buzz on here by miles (not that it will or could ever happen in my view) but points wise a match in heaven for FI purposes :-) (no longer a Kane holder)

• @mike778 how does the media calculator work then?

• @Noirx4 said in Alexis Sanchez:

@mike778 how does the media calculator work then?

If a player has a new article they get points for it. If it is a positive then they get news points - so in theory "Messi is a wonderful player - the best in the world" would get 100 or so points. Whereas "Messi has a BO problem" would get 10 points. The system looks for keywords to allocate points . Apparently United is a keyword so gets picked up as is Victor (FI disputed this but fact is every story about Lindelof racked up 100 odd points regardless of what it was about). If you have a look at the media rankings then it shows you the points per article. The more positive keywords that get picked up - the more points - the more points the better chance the player has of winning a media dividend.

• it's starting - down 36p from the high

• Do you think they spent the last week and a half faffing about so they had time to get an ad agency in for that reveal advert nonsence

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.