Don't forget the Swiss!

• The season is nearly done and it will soon be time to look at the Nations League.
    Lots of England talk but they have drawn Holland in the Semis, which is always dodgy.
    The other Semi is Portugal V Switzerland. Now Portugal jump out in that one, but it's worth bearing in mind that Switzerland stuffed Belgium 5-2 to get here and could represent the value in the tournament.
    Does anyone know much about this Swiss side and who their potential stars could be?
    A decent tournament and the big boys will be sniffing!
    Thanks.

• Big fan of Akanji for PB scores- had a mid season injury but is back and playing for Dortmund now. I hold him.

I think they will do Portugal.

• Switzerland are a machine of a team. Individually none of their players are stars, Shaqiri being highest profile. He is a different animal for them. Has delivered some really big moments over the years. Xhaka is the general of the team, driving them forward from midfield. Seferovic up front will score goals but not prolific, having a great season at Benfica though. The team has been together for 6 years and have built themselves into a hard-working and tactically well drilled side. The rest of the squad is made up of what appear average players on paper but are actually all very good performers that make them a strong unit. Schar, R.Rodriguez, Akanji, Sommer all good players. Embolo is a powerful wide striker, was linked with United 3 years ago but tore his knee ligaments and hasnt come back as strong. Bags of pace & power and potential to score. Look out for Kevin Mbabu, just recently left YB for Wolfsburg and he is a great attacking right full. Be very interested how he gets on next year with them, could be an assist machine.

• Seferovic looks a snip @27p. He got the hat trick against Belgium and he's been banging them in for Benfica(non pb league).
    Just been looking at Mbabu and Akanji, both seem worth a dabble long term as well as for the up-coming tournament.
    Thanks.

• Albian ajeti for me, at Basel. Likely to be in serie a next season, 21, centre forward, looks the business. He has a twin also on the index tho so make sure u go for albian if u fancy it cos his twin ain't that clever

• Just bought some of each.
    You could say I was on a 'Swiss Roll!'

Thank you and Good Night!

• I’m on Djibril Sow, 22 years old, had a great season at Young Boys, tracked by Arsenal last year, looks like Lyon are after him this summer as they are set to lose a couple of their big names (Ndombele; Fakir).

Only 40p.

• Breel Embolo? 22yr old striker for Schalke. Injuries have hampered his tally this season (7 goals + 2 assists in all competitions) but I think he is a decent long term hold. Currently 51p.

• correct me if I'm wrong, but if the Swiss get beat, even narrowly, by Portugal, thats it over.

There's no 3 or 4 group games for someone to stand out and catch the eye, its those 90mins that will count.
    The Nations is very different from a usual 'tournament'

• That is correct. There would be a third place play off though. I thought it would be an opportunity for relatively cheapish players to showcase their talent.
    Imagine if they beat Portugal and then did England in the final - God forbid!
    Prices would rocket!
    The fact that the Swiss striker who grabbed a hat trick against the fancied Belgians is trading at 29p after having a productive season for Benfica interested me.
    Some of the other players mentioned are also worth a look at. Younger players and relatively low risk.

• @Munchie63 You are correct. Altho there's probably a 3rd place play off too. So all four teams will have two games. Also not like anyone's getting pb. So unless someone has a worldie from portrugal swiss match they're really not likely to move price that much.
    England vs Holland looks like a coin flip and most English players are overpriced so to make a profit you need to buy a long way before or hold a long time after and also hope for a goal in one of the matches
    Hard to hold for just a two game tournament unless maybe their cheaper defenders but you can't bank on them getting a goal really. (That said they do score a lot of set pieces)

I dunno I don't see this as a very attractive tournament to bet on as you can't really guarantee what will happen and its so short.

• Denis zakaria, Young defensive mid for Mönchengladbach and linked with a prem move this summer

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.