GKs Rising?

• Angus Gunn 23p potential england call up soon.
    Joel Perreira on loan in Belgium from Man U who is on loan 14p.
    ( dean henderson also on loan from Man U at Sheffield united is 41p)

• I'm converted. Small holdings in Gunn (saints fan), Courtois and Leno purchased

• Jeez guys let their prices fall before you buy them. This action should be like a month down the line.

• @LuaLua that was my hope- top up more once they dropped. Luckily I already have quite a lot in the the keepers I wanted as this goalkeeper buying seems to be building momentum again.

• I’ve got 6 keepers, been monitoring, don't think they are dropping, everyone is getting on cycles earlier and earlier.

Good value abroad compared to uk keepers.

• @Tom77 Been on keepers for 6 months and recycling them. I have topped up now on those that still have games left and Nations League interest. I have a strategy that narrows my selections down and has been a slow but steady earner. Buying now is not such a bad idea as more are likely to pick up on the pros of holding keepers and avoid the volatility of more expensive investments. This could mean they will grow going into the new season especially if divs become more GK friendly.

I am quite amused as I pointed out the potential of GK a couple of months ago and was laughed off the forum, with the argument being you will never make money, well I have and you guys seem to be getting it so fair play , there are some that think for themselves on here 😁

• @Earshavewalls said in GKs Rising?:

@Tom77 Been on keepers for 6 months and recycling them. I have topped up now on those that still have games left and Nations League interest. I have a strategy that narrows my selections down and has been a slow but steady earner. Buying now is not such a bad idea as more are likely to pick up on the pros of holding keepers and avoid the volatility of more expensive investments. This could mean they will grow going into the new season especially if divs become more GK friendly.

I am quite amused as I pointed out the potential of GK a couple of months ago and was laughed off the forum, with the argument being you will never make money, well I have and you guys seem to be getting it so fair play , there are some that think for themselves on here 😁

To be honest I was looking at buying some keepers in July to get some Capp app when people start buying them for the new season with ipd’s in mind. I brought one share in about 10 keepers 1 month or so ago and haven’t seen hardly any drops. Seen a few buying this week and now I’ve brought a few properly!

• @Tom77 The fact they are reasonably static is a good thing as if you need to recycle for IPDs you can instant sell if you can't get rid at market. Obviously they also rise so you don't have to wait 30 days just sell at the up and rebuy if they drop. I have about 30 GK over the leagues that I recycle and it does me fine. Just do the maths and make a decision on the value of each keeper in respect of price/CS and get stuck in. I use index gain which makes it simple to filter and gives you excellent break downs on each keeper. Just one hint ' don't necessarily stick to top keepers at top clubs. Look at games played Vs CS '.

• @Earshavewalls said in GKs Rising?:

@Tom77 The fact they are reasonably static is a good thing as if you need to recycle for IPDs you can instant sell if you can't get rid at market. Obviously they also rise so you don't have to wait 30 days just sell at the up and rebuy if they drop. I have about 30 GK over the leagues that I recycle and it does me fine. Just do the maths and make a decision on the value of each keeper in respect of price/CS and get stuck in. I use index gain which makes it simple to filter and gives you excellent break downs on each keeper. Just one hint ' don't necessarily stick to top keepers at top clubs. Look at games played Vs CS '.

Yeah I’ve got a few from other leagues around the 20p mark.
    I’ve been recycling Jamie vardy since October and his price never breaks 40-50p so I imagine it will be the same for keepers next season.

• Glad to see others got faith in keepers, I was told by a few on here there is no money in keepers.
    I took there reasons on board and sold my 1000 in Butland for the same as what I paid for him only to see him go from 30p to 37p in a week or so. Lesson learned stick to what you believe in. I was hoping to have 2 months of MB with sterling and hopefully a Madrid bid for Mbappe and then end of July put some money from them into keepers. Hope it all pays off gents. 👍

• Good on ya and good luck. I like the maths and index gain gives me the tools to crunch some numbers. The GK angle is a no brainer it just takes some digging and your away.It would be where I recommend new investors start as it isn't at all volatile and gives you the time to make mistakes that aren't to costly if at all. Once you are familiar with the platform you can spread your wings but I personally would always have a good % of my port on GKs.

• @Earshavewalls Percentage wise isn't it just as volatile as anywhere else? I mean 2p drop is like 10% for some keepers. I haven't traded in keepers much do they not fall far below their base/average trading price then?

• @LuaLua I’m guessing some people don’t find goal keepers that exciting, but that may change. If you play the IPD and have 300 futures in lloris and he plays 6 games in 30days 3x clean sheets out of 6 = £9 profit on a £90 investment. If you can recycle these futures over the season this season just gone you’d make a £135 in IPD less the the commission price. I’m not bright enough to work that out. But long as the keepers you choose got a good future or at a good age you should do ok. The price will stay the same or move up. Hopefully

• And there is also the nagging feeling that gk will have some sort of category of their own🚀

• The only one I hold is Dragowski - would def recommend him. Young goalie at empoli on loan from Fiorentina. The only gk (as far as I know) to win PB on a treble day , based on a brilliant performance with masses of saves. Bound to be transfer links if he keeps playing well.

Benitez at Nice is another good one for saves plus transfer spec.

Edit - a quick google of Dragowski and he already has links to Roma and West Ham

• @LuaLua Hi yeah of course a keeper can drop a couple of pence and that be 10% if you bought at £0.20. If you had a player at £5 and he dropped 10% that's £0.50 drop. Unless something catastrophic happens though GK rarely budge more than a couple of pence and recovery pretty quickly IE days, at least my GK investments have. However a player that has a £0.50 drop can have that drop for no apparent reason in some cases leaving the holder scratching their head. The GKs don't seem to suffer the same and the price will drop if he isn't playing but that seems to be the only price influencing factor.

• @Indexical 2 of the GKs I first purchased in january and have been easy to turn over and are playing regularly.

• @Tom77 Quite possible as it would be in FI interest to have Gks more prominent as currently judging by the prices they are just on FI because! not serving much purpose for FI really apart from investors like myself who see at least some value. I would like to see GKs get rewarded by way of IPD for saving a penalty as well as clean sheet which wouldn't need a seperate catagory just an addition to the dividends.

• @Earshavewalls great shout for penalty saves.
    Keepers at the right age that may get the big move they want. Long term I think will be good buys. De Gea edging out the door. Served Utd well and could earn a move at the right price and club. Think something like that could cause a merry go round. Pickford to Utd, Butland to Everton. Who knows. I’m not pumping, as I’ve said was looking on getting back in on keepers end of July early August. At the right price. I don’t expect to see and keeper to be above a £1 for a few seasons but if you do your homework you may get lucky.

• @NewUser21073 De Gea edging out the door might also bring opportunities.
    Kieran O'Hara. Good example of low risk. Did well on loan and named in Republic of Ireland squad on Tuesday.

https://www.manutd.com/en/news/detail/kieran-o-hara-ends-season-on-a-high-at-macclesfield-town

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.