Sub £1-00 players with potential

• @Tiger2244

which ones?

• @Tiger2244 impressive input. Who you got?

• @Baydog Held Soler for some months and hes been a poor hold so far. Topped up to lower the Avg and was hoping for a possible PL move as he was linked with Arsenal. Will probably sell off on a spike if possible

• Serhou Guirassy - 24 year old French striker who has just joined Rennes from relegated Amiens. 10 goals last year in a torrid side and capped at French youth international level where he also maintained a great goalscoring record. I've gone in in the hope he gets some game time and IPD wins whilst Terrier is suspended and Niang has transfer spec to leave. Longer term I think he'll start up front as their CF and be a good cap app hold.

Habib Diallo - 25 year old Sengalese forward at Metz. Bit of a diamond in the rough with 48 goals in 100 league games in a relatively average French side. A transfer in the 3 year hold looks a safe bet and like Guirassy, hoping he'll be good for IPDs in the interim. He is slightly over £1.00 but use the ME and he can be got well under.

Thomas Meunier - Bit more of a household name than the other two shouts but I think he's great value at 94p. Likely he'll pick up the RWB role at Dortmund and he has held a good goals/assists turnover in that role throughout his career. Compared to the prices of his predecessor in that Dortmund team, Hakimi, and Guerreiro on the left hand side I think he has a lot of room for growth. Being recategorised to a defender would be solid mind.

I also like @Erased-Citizen's shout of young Jules Kounde. I'm in on him too and think his PB base in a Sevilla side where he competed with Navas and Reguillon in the same category, and in his first season in La Liga, was pretty impressive.

• @Pez said in Sub £1-00 players with potential:

@Baydog Held Soler for some months and hes been a poor hold so far. Topped up to lower the Avg and was hoping for a possible PL move as he was linked with Arsenal. Will probably sell off on a spike if possible

I held him during last season largely due to reputation (he is valued at £36m on Transfermarkt which puts him in the 15 most valuable U23 midfielders in world football). This season he is apparently moving into centre mid from right mid, and that could have a massive effect on his PB output if everything is going through him.. I would expect him to move within the next 18 months so my hope is that now is the ideal time to be holding..

• @CptMorgan said in Sub £1-00 players with potential:

Serhou Guirassy - 24 year old French striker who has just joined Rennes from relegated Amiens. 10 goals last year in a torrid side and capped at French youth international level where he also maintained a great goalscoring record. I've gone in in the hope he gets some game time and IPD wins whilst Terrier is suspended and Niang has transfer spec to leave. Longer term I think he'll start up front as their CF and be a good cap app hold.

Habib Diallo - 25 year old Sengalese forward at Metz. Bit of a diamond in the rough with 48 goals in 100 league games in a relatively average French side. A transfer in the 3 year hold looks a safe bet and like Guirassy, hoping he'll be good for IPDs in the interim. He is slightly over £1.00 but use the ME and he can be got well under.

Thomas Meunier - Bit more of a household name than the other two shouts but I think he's great value at 94p. Likely he'll pick up the RWB role at Dortmund and he has held a good goals/assists turnover in that role throughout his career. Compared to the prices of his predecessor in that Dortmund team, Hakimi, and Guerreiro on the left hand side I think he has a lot of room for growth. Being recategorised to a defender would be solid mind.

I also like @Erased-Citizen's shout of young Jules Kounde. I'm in on him too and think his PB base in a Sevilla side where he competed with Navas and Reguillon in the same category, and in his first season in La Liga, was pretty impressive.

Still hoping habib diallo gets more spurs links especially as wilson going to newcastle.
    Spurs desperate for a striker imo.

• @Tom77

I have seen spurs linked with Loren Moron a few times. I picked up 125 shares at 60p on the off-chance of that one happening. Would be nice to see Spurs with another Moron in their squad!

• This could be a breakout season for 20yr old Jonathan Burkardt of FC Mainz. He has an impressive scoring record for Germany at youth level. Managed to force his way into the Mainz first eleven after the restart last season. Scored a fine goal against Dortmund too!

• @NewUser233501 on the subject of Mainz and breakout seasons, my big hope is Aaron Martin. This could be a big season for him. Or he could transfer to Glencerbirigli 🤷‍♂️

• @MickTurbo Reports today of Betis making an offer for Martin...

• @NewUser233501 nice. Would help to balance my port out a bit, cheers

• Not sure if I have mentioned Jhon Cordoba before but he is looking good value on ME right now.

• @matt4567 Joelinton? I guess things can only get better. My concern is Wilson is coming in and after a whole season no one really knows Joelinton best position. There is also a fear after another bad year we might cut our losses and stick him out on loan somewhere - and that somewhere might be a non PB league - Russia? Portugal? Turkey?

• @Kipper72 said in Sub £1-00 players with potential:

Not sure if I have mentioned Jhon Cordoba before but he is looking good value on ME right now.

Sounds like he needs a thread of his own

• @howsthebacon

Joelinton is an odd one. He looked quality for Hoffenheim where his price was over £2, just has not adapted to Prem. Similar to Haller, both have the potential to do big things, but at this moment in time they would be far more valuable back in Germany (I have been buying Haller at 85p in the hope he gets loaned to France or Germany)

• One who I have been buying up (580 shares at 85p) is Christian Kouame from Fiorentina. He was looking very promising at Genoa. In Jan he signed for Fiorentina to join at end of the season, but got injured shortly after. He is now back playing and bagged a brace for his new team in their friendly yesterday...

• @Baydog I like the guy, he seems a genuinely decent bloke, works hard and seems to have a little bit of everything (hence why we signed him, we seem to like that kind of striker, jack of a all trades master of none - Joselu was similar) but isn't Prem quality at anything if you get me. Like he is relatively quick for a big guy, alright in the air, mobile, sometimes has a nice finish. I'm just not sure he works in the way we play or he just needs more quality around him. Even the most reasonable fans like me would have to admit his first season was a huge disappointment.

That being said the abuse he gets from fans is pathetic, considering our fans sing about being the best in the world, they really are counter productive. I've been to games in which he is screamed at for not chasing down all four defenders as a team passes it round the back, I've heard xenophobic abuse sent his way and the way they twist everything to blame him each game.

I'm a firm believer that as long as someone is trying hard you get behind them, if they're shit then it is the manager, scout, owner's fault but if the player is giving their all and it's just not working then you have to support him.

With all that being said, I'd be staying far away from him on FI haha!

• @howsthebacon

I've spent a fair bit of time in Newcastle (had a geordie girlfriend for several years) and went to St James' a few times - that crowd can turn pretty quickly 😂 I was there when Patrick Kluivert was cruising around town in his Humvee H1! I still have a bunch of geordie mates who slam Joelinton, but they were also slamming ASM before he had even played (I told them they were in for an absolute treat with him having watched him at Nice for a season, they saw him as an unambitious signing.)

I am an Arsenal fan and they are terrible for singling out players for criticism. Poor Joe Willock comes in for a whole load of unwarranted stick, and look at what happened to Xhaka.. It is a very fickle business, some players feed off the criticism and others break. Not sure which way Joelinton will go

• @Baydog I was very much team Xhaka, used to slate my Arsenal fan mates for supporting the behaviour of some fans. He is a good player, not a top player but he's good and I'd have him at the Toon. The way some fans behave and justify it by saying 'we pay our money' is so problematic. You don't pay to go and shout abuse at lads who are barely even 25 in a lot of cases. These guys are humans and yes if they don't work hard they sometimes need a reminder of how lucky they are but Xhaka...he is a hard working player, very committed but he is rash in the tackle and can be a bit sloppy in possession. Fans are so fucking precious, spend 90 mins calling Bentaleb an Algerian cunt at Palace and then he threw his arms up at the fans and I saw a load of middle aged bald men lose their shit as if someone had just pissed on a war memorial.

Joelinton deserves to be criticised but if you decide to do it vocally at games rather than support him and the team, I question why you both going to games tbh. And also he deserves to be treat the same as his teammates, why do other players get a pass when Joelinton is always starting on the back foot with the fans - the lad is what 22? Doesn't speak English, is playing under tactical mastermind Steve Bruce? I mean...haha

I've been critical of him but I'll still get behind him because he works hard and it is what it is. For the record, I never criticised ASM! At the price, it was fairly low risk compared to Joe. Looked great from the first time I saw him play and he is the only Toon player I hold on FI - he is destined to move to Arsenal in the next 18 months, he even has his kids kitted in Arsenal shirts on Instagram haha - weirdly gets away with that from our fans because...well he's fucking mustard.

• @Baydog yeah i got a few months back. might need to be topped up. talented lad