Big boys - is now a good time to get in?

• All the big boys have been gradually decreasing recently. Before SS, everyone said that big boys would be more attractive after SS, but the reality is totally opposite. Neymar, Pogba, Sancho, Mbappe, Messi, Hazard, Salah, etc.. have all declined (10p to 140p) for the last 3 months. Reasons may be different from one to the other: poor forms, injury, CL knockout, etc. However, some have been showing good signs: going to CL/Europa league finals, top league goal scorers, etc.

The question is: when is a good time to get (back) in them?

• I think people are finding value in the upper middle of the index, thus moving funds from the big boys to get these players where there are more % gains. If you look at the values of players, the rest of the top 100 are closing up towards the top.

FI works in waves, so I fully expect the top players to have their day again. It is a bit odd being off-season so it might be a waiting game, but I fully agree now is a good time to invest.

If I were to choose one of the top players to jump on, I'd go for Sterling - if, as expected, Pogba leaves the EPL I expect Sterling to take his place as 'king' of the EPL index. He could gain another £2 over the next season if all goes well.

Also Mbappe looks a decent price to get onto, especially as his PBs were improving to the end of the year.

• I'm expecting money to start pouring in next week on the big boys, as people start to try and earn the bonus just like last month, and if they don't I'm never buying a £4+ player again. I'm hoping most of it goes into pogba seeing as the mb is top 5 starting the about then

• @Jad1982 I'm afraid to say no one is putting any serious money into Pogba while the transfer saga is ongoing

• @Victory said in Big boys - is now a good time to get in?:

The question is: when is a good time to get (back) in them?

Simply no - they have been relentless pumped for months on end & most new money has been pushed their way; Since pre - season - Pogba has trebled, Hazard doubled, Mbappe doubled. They have grown far faster than most others players & are due a period of consolidation & drift, if not downwards then certainly sideways. The rest of the market offers far better value right now & even newbies are recognising that fact & until the build up to the new season I see very little growth in the top end players. With some facing catastrophic decline such as Pogba if he leaves Utd, CR7 if he goes to prison even Hazard out of the EPL might fall although probably by less.

• I'm pretty sure all those selling the likes of Pogba and CR7 will be looking for other big players to invest in, not all will go further down the table.

• @Ericali thats a good point and you could be right, but i I'm betting it will or atleast when people realise he's going nowhere! If United sell pogba what is left to attract any top players to them, other than money, which is already a problem they have with Sanchez, and didn't ole say he want a to build the team around him?

• @Victory
    Im thinking we could potentially see someone new take centre stage and push the boundaries, if there is a fight over their signature of course. At least during media madness.
    I mean think of Jadon Sancho rise and he wasnt even winning dividends

• A quick summary:
    Pogba: Risky while transfer saga is going on; will go south quickly if leaving United. Question:what if he stays?
    Hazard: similar to Pogba
    Sterling: worth a punt, could be the next king
    Sancho: The like of being young and English, but no PB
    Mbappe: The next best, proven in real football, but when does the PB/MB come?
    Neymar:?
    Salah:?
    Messi:?
    Kane:?

• @Victory said in Big boys - is now a good time to get in?:

A quick summary:
    Pogba: Risky while transfer saga is going on; will go south quickly if leaving United. Question:what if he stays?
    Hazard: similar to Pogba
    Sterling: worth a punt, could be the next king
    Sancho: The like of being young and English, but no PB
    Mbappe: The next best, proven in real football, but when does the PB/MB come?
    Neymar:?
    Salah:?
    Messi:?
    Kane:?

I hold most of the big boys, except Ronaldo. Of your list, only Sterling, Mbappe, Salah and Kane are in the green for me. Maybe these are the ones traders are buying currently. That doesn't mean that the big traders won't buy big into the rest nearer the start of Media Madness.

• Purely my own opinion of the big boys and their current investment appeal:

•Kane: safe long term hold. Decent divs and still quite young. England captain. 7/10
    •Messi: crazing divs but age worries ppl 5/10
    •Ronaldo: likewise, great divs but 2 years older than Messi and has a rape allegation 3/10
    •Salah: safe hold. Good dividends 8/10
    •Pogba: div king but transfer will be a worry. But likely to earn plenty of MB this summer. 6/10
    •Hazard: likewise. 5/10
    •Sancho: tonnes of potential and English 7/10
    •Neymar: former king of the index. Injury and bans have knocked his price. But should be back earning divs consistently next seasnon with a smattering of MB in the summer. 7/10
    •Sterling: English, young and in fine form 7/10

• Im going to add a few names

Dybala - Potential Man utd move, plenty of MB, freekicks and pens and the play might just start flowing through him
    Joao Felix - Again depending upon which club sign him but a very exciting talent
    Mbappe - If he does hand in the request he could cause a storm
    Neymar - will always be up there
    Rashford - I think the contract saga could drag on all summer
    Salah - African Nations and real madrid interest all summer
    Mane - see above