£2.5m Worth of FI Bets On Pogba?

• There's a big chance I'm wrong here... and please correct me with the right figure/workings out, if I am.

BUT...

If it's 900 shares to move a player 1p in price:

• a 2p player has had £9's worth of bets. (900 x 1p)
    • a 3 player, must have had (900 x 1p) + (900 x 2p)

With that in mind... Pogba has between £2,521,134 and £2,527,875 tied up in him.

That's a lot of people who haven't noticed Gareth Bale is half the price and has a rocket up his jacksie!

• @Dan-The-Man

Bale may have a rocket up his ass but Pogba is still beating him for media on a slow news day. ;)

• @ShaneH said in £2.5m Worth of FI Bets On Pogba?:

@Dan-The-Man

Bale may have a rocket up his ass but Pogba is still beating him for media on a slow news day. ;)

Not really, Pogba is supposed to be getting the captaincy, not exactly a ‘haircut day’.

• you need to know his IPO price and take that into account

think it was about £1 so between about 2.48m and 2.5m

nearly 600,000 shares

• That’s a good, subtle pump for Bale there, I’m impressed!

The simple fact is Pogba has so much tied up I him because he ticks the boxes for several types of trader. For those looking for dividends, he’s in the papers every day for one reason or another so reaps MB, more so than any other player. Not forgetting he is actually a world class player as we saw during his purple patch, so there’s the opportunity (albeit limited recently)for PB too. Added to what he’s already returned during the season, he’s also going to increase his dividend return over the summer due to the transfer saga with Real Madrid which wont happen - more on that later...

For long term traders who look at capital growth, he’s also a box ticker. He’s going to be a top 3 priced future on FI for the next 12-24 months at least, so he will grow as the index grows. In essence, he’s basically a better paying ISA - a steady return. Yes, there’s a list of players who will grow more in a short space of time. Traders can sell him and buy a player who will grow this week, sell them and buy someone who grows the week after etc, but for those traders who don’t have time or motivation to do that, Pogba is one of the best options for safe, low risk investing. That’s why he jumps so much when announcements happen - safe money in volatile times.

With his reduction to 7.50 ish, he also gives shorter term traders the opportunity to get capital appreciation too. Last week he rose to 7.75 ish within a few days due to a couple of days. With commission, granted it’s not the best return, but he’ll be 8 quid again before long so it’s a 50p increase waiting to happen.

Now, it’s also just my opinion here and it’s safe to say others will differ, but even with all the paper talk, it’s highly unlikely he’ll move this summer. First, Real Madrid need players in other positions more (Hazard on the wing, a goal scorer to replace Benzema to name two) and they can’t afford 3 high priced players. Getting money for Bale is off the table now too, so they would need to sell a good few other players to raise funds. RM announced Kroos signing a new contract, so central midfield clearly isn’t a priority.
    Secondly, Man Utd don’t want to sell for a number of reasons. Remember the pursuits of David De Gea? Or Ronaldo before that? Possibly even Rooney at some point too. Lots of talk, and nothing happened... at least for 12 months anyway with Ronaldo.

For those who would prefer a brief summary instead of the essay above - low risk, high return. That’s why more money is invested in Pogba than any other player on the index, and all those traders can’t be wrong!

• @Dan-The-Man Have just purchased a fair bit of Bale, total gamble of course. I mean is any fucker going to take him? As of right now his situation has all the hallmarks of ‘rotting in the ressies’ the next 2/3 years!

• @GregF bang on 👍🏻

• @GregF I think the biggest thing Pogba has got going for him on here, is every time he crashes... FI come up with a scheme to shove a rocket up his ass too ;)

• @GregF said in £2.5m Worth of FI Bets On Pogba?:

That’s a good, subtle pump for Bale there, I’m impressed!

I was going to say Kane...

I would have been so much smugger right now if I had done

:)

• @Gas1883 the ' is any fucker going to take him ' made me chuckle

• I hold both Pogba and Bale. Pogba has tanked (-42p) but Bale is flying (+61p). I'm keeping Pogba as MB will attach itself to him during the summer.

• @Londoner Pogba on for Mb today now...

• @Londoner maybe just maybe u left it a bit late too buy into pogba? But he will win divs and he ain't moving. Bale mite move he mite play golf for another year!

• @NewUser151265 said in £2.5m Worth of FI Bets On Pogba?:

@Londoner maybe just maybe u left it a bit late too buy into pogba? But he will win divs and he ain't moving. Bale mite move he mite play golf for another year!

I've held Pogba from last year, when he was flying. It's from last month that he started to tank.

• @Londoner in ur portfolio don't think it will show that wee - 41p unbelievable!

• @NewUser151265 said in £2.5m Worth of FI Bets On Pogba?:

@Londoner in ur portfolio don't think it will show that wee - 41p unbelievable!

Actually, it's -42p now! See below:

0_1558471912828_upload-8078fbdc-dee1-43d4-a244-ef246bd57dec

• @Londoner well wat a comish ul be paid! That for the 3 stage bonus? whatever the hell way it worked!

• @NewUser151265 Ouch.

Any idea how much you've earned from him in dividends though? (shows you on the new version of the app)

• @Londoner How can you have paid £7.99 last year ? Im puzzled right now mate 🙄

• @Dan-The-Man between 2.50 an 3 a share since I stopped buyin him don't hiv the app just a quick add up o transactions