Under 60p players

• Good to see Real Madrid keep a clean sheet,at last, just in time to build up for the new season with Courtois in goal. Here's to hoping for a good clean sheet ratio for him this season. At 42p he is one of the best priced keepers at a big club. Coupled up with the fact he is the Belgian no1 should mean a steady increase over the season.

• @NewUser731 said in Under 60p players:

Good to see Real Madrid keep a clean sheet,at last, just in time to build up for the new season with Courtois in goal. Here's to hoping for a good clean sheet ratio for him this season. At 42p he is one of the best priced keepers at a big club. Coupled up with the fact he is the Belgian no1 should mean a steady increase over the season.

If that defence keeps more than a handful of clean sheets this season, I'll eat my hat 🤠

If you have watched them at all in the past 6 months, you will know that they have been absolutely woeful at the back, verging on comical at times.

Nothing has changed.

• @johnboywalker I did indeed and agree their defence is ropey at best. But they still managed to keep 15 clean sheets in La Liga and CL.

• Hi,

I've just signed up and I'm limiting myself to around £25. I'm obviously looking to do well but looking at the players would it be prudent to invest in some cheap players, say, 4-5 across the board to start?

Grateful for any starting tips.

• @johnboywalker said in Under 60p players:

If that defence keeps more than a handful of clean sheets this season, I'll eat my hat 🤠

If you have watched them at all in the past 6 months, you will know that they have been absolutely woeful at the back, verging on comical at times.

Nothing has changed.

They signed Ferland Mendy and Eder Militao... wouldn't say nothing has changed.

• @PeterG92

Hey Pete,

If you're going with a £25 limit, the first thing that I'd tell you is... this could be a lot of work, for hardly any profit. Like, let's say you achieved a 30% profit in your first year... that's about £7.50.

Don't get me wrong, it's perfectly possible to earn far more than 30% profit but I live on here and 7 months in, I'm around 40-45% up and I'm over the moon at that.

Anyhow.... don't let that put you off. It's great fun, kind of like a video game really but with real money up for grabs.

AVOID buying players from the trending list. It's a lesson we've all had to learn at some point. More often than not, player dip after a big spike and by the time the players are "trending" they're often in danger of dropping because someone is taking profits. the people who bought in before the spike are cashing out.

I bought a portfolio of around 40 players.... 30 went up, 5 went down 5 didn't move. That's how I started and it gave me a low risk way to see how various players worked in the market. I have friends who focused on buying one or two that they believed in. There's no right or wrong way to do it. Try stuff out. I like to have a strategy when buying a player. For example, I recently bought a lot of futures for a player that I think will rise during the World Cup. It's a long way off... but between now and then, a lot of people will get that idea and he will rise...(I hope).

Anyhow, good luck and welcome.

PS: Read this thread.

https://forums.footballindex.co.uk/topic/5017/all-things-football-index

• Just to expand on one thing Dan said, if you see a trending player then you have already missed the boat.

• @Dan-The-Man

Thanks, will check that link out. I would put in more but could only probably reasonably go up to around £25, £30 tops.

Would it be viable to be able to change that up to around £100 after the first year?

• @Dan-The-Man said in Under 60p players:

@johnboywalker said in Under 60p players:

Nothing has changed.

They signed Ferland Mendy and Eder Militao... wouldn't say nothing has changed.

I don't believe either of those two were signed as first team starters.

Marcelo is likely still first choice at left back.

Militao will be backup to Ramos and Varane.

Very little has changed. (You happy now??) 🤣

• @PeterG92 anything is possible but you'd need your portfolio to over treble in price, most people on here are buzzing when they get a player that's had a 100% increase, but you'd need a 300%. I'd say that if you're going to only put that amount of money on it's better to look at this as just keeping an interest rather than having high hopes for trebling your money. I'd invest in players that you actively have an interest in at club level so then you can look out for them on a weekend. Good luck tho!

• @johnboywalker

Militao played yesterday as part of an advanced 5 at the back. Marcelo, Varane, Ramos, Militao and Carvajal, with the WB's playing further up the field.

Mendy is injured (something about that name, left backs and injuries), otherwise, he'd have been on the left.

Marcelo is 31 will be phased out this season by Mendy.

• @Dan-The-Man

Time will tell Dannyboy ... 🤔

• @johnboywalker

Indeed.

Here's a 15 minute clip of Mendy against the best teams in the world. It's a highlight reel so hardly a suitable video to base analysis on but it shows how impactful he can be and that he's already got the big game experience.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmS_0wfWuIY&t=633s

I know Madrid have a lot of cash but they spent over 70m on these two defenders after having a bad season defensively.

• Jony, just moved to lazio so European football and also just reclassified to a forward from a midfielder-58p

• Wu Lei - 27 years old. 37p. Moved to Espanyol from Shanghai SIPG in January. Helped them into Europa League. According to an article I read he is the Chinese Maradonna but probably just because he is on the 👃

0_1565289435785_Screenshot_2019-08-08-19-33-20.png

• @ChazFI123

Thanks. I'll hope for the best. I've invested in some players for this weekend that I think will perform along with 1 or 2 longer term prospects.

• Daniel Caligiuri (Schalke) 43p.

PB average is 96 with his top 5 scores of 263,235,228,193,190 will always be in with a shout for PB's and IPD's. 7 goals and 3 assists last seasons confirm he is deadly at set pieces.

Max Gradel (Toulouse) 46p

11 goals and 5 assists last season and with the threat of him leaving for Kuwait now gone makes him more attractive. Ranked in the top 30 of strikers on the index.

• Milos Veljkovic - 23yrs old CB (sometimes plays midfield. Serbia international and regular for Werder Bremen. Only 30p, can easily see him rise to 50p+. Half decent PB scores, gone under radar

• @NewUser142017 My best long term hold bar none. He's been a regular starter for Bremen since the age of 20 and a regular for Serbia now too. His clearance stats are insane. I got on him at 20p and have bought more every time I could afford too.

• @NewUser142017
    He does really seem like a bargain

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.