Would you rather have had divs increased or a deposit bonus?

• Interested in the general view towards this

I like the bonus but would prefer divs to have been increased. Better in the long run. What say you.
    Post ya answer

• 100% divs

• 100% divs

• 50% divs

• PB divs...

• PB divs. Would’ve kept the money in the platform.

• Dividends cos it makes the money you have invested work for more return. Deposit bonus is having to put more money in for a small token return. Dividends can supersede the investment with good ROI.

• Dividends
    deposit bonus is short term the best way to keep value in the market is to increase dividends
    PB Needs to increase before the start of the season

• Bonus, purely because the market isn't really functioning as it should, if traders were more intrested in PB magnets then I'd say 100% PB dividend increase.

Anyone that thinks they'll be a dividend increase early next season can stop hoping, the increase they've just done was actually quite generous.

• It worries me that FI are propping up the market over the Summer period with the bonus gimmicks. It's creating an artificial market!
    With highs come lows, and I can see a big sell off after the bonus period ends.
    As to whether that drop is greater than capital appreciation plus bonus over this period remains to be seen.
    I personally doubt it, though some will inevitably get stung.
    The key to future success and perpetuation of the platform at its current profitable level is attracting new customers and expanding into new countries.
    I really hope we are at the beginning of a long adventure.
    I do have faith in the product, but equally it's important to adopt a cautious approach and be wary of what could be around the corner.

• I think it has to be both. Bonus to get more money pumped in so generating more profits, and then increasing dividends.

• If they just increase dividends, how can FI get profits and where is the £££ to pay dividends?
    • if they just do the bonus, it can lead to over-inflated prices and the return from dividend is too small compared to the £££ we have to invest -> not sustainable.

• @Dronny-Gaz agreed. Most likely be a sell off after the promotion period then once the season approaches the money will come flooding back in. Like last year. Ppl should hold their money till start of the new season. Make a lot more that way.

• PB dividends.

• @Victory said in Would you rather have had divs increased or a deposit bonus?:

I think it has to be both.

I agree & it must be remembered at least 2 of the last 3 deposit bonus's were to "apologise" for FI incompetence & mishandling initially of the G&A scheme then the OPTA reclassification. If they want less bonus promotions they need to professionalise their management team & run the business as though it's a £multi million betting/investment platform not a couple of lads down the pub playing fantasy football. Dividends is the grown up sensible basis to grow the platform into the future & will inevitably be raised over time. Whereas deposit bonus's can be used as thank you/introductory incentives & limited to say twice a year.

• Has to be both, bonus get the money in, Divs to keep the money circulating.
    I have spotted somewhere that Dividends used to be higher than they are now?

• @Dronny-Gaz this is my worry I have not taken part in any of the bonuses as all my spare cash is tied in FI, after the last bonus paid out my port dropped about 3-5% then recovered and gone above that now,

I’m not sure how it will react this time, my gut says it will be same in which case I’m likely to sell 60% of my port just leaving pure profit and start from scratch for the new season/when it bottoms out

We are going to have people with potential 3-4K bonus money which doesn’t get pumped back in straight away

(I’m doing and extension and the money I’ve made so far about 10k) is too good to risk on a potential drop when I need it most

• PB dividend increase, without doubt.

Dividends are the thing that underpin player values, if dividends are increased then player prices increase too. This means more money goes into the platform and helps keep it sustainable longer term. It also helps shut up the 'ponzi/pyramid scheme' naysayers.

I get that FI need to encourage selling in order to make their money and I would love to know how much they make from the IPD flipping that you see on match days, it must be a fortune. So keep IPDs if necessary to support long term PB increases.

• @LuaLua they increase PB divs that's fine but for 2-3 months if you don't have any PB games then people would complain, take money out during the 3 months of no games thus causing panic and then more moaning 😩. It does feel a bit like whatever FI offer, someone will moan. End of the day they're giving us money back for buying players during a period that could be quite stagnant. If they then increase PB divs in the future which they probably will then that's obviously great but maybe this offer is in line with where the market is right now which is obviously just purely media bar the last games to be played.

• @Shippers
    I see no moaning in this thread. Just honest opinions and good ones too, on both sides, yours included. A pb increase at the season end would have been quite weird I guess.

For the future tho it seems like most people would prefer divs than the short term volatility a deposit seems to bring.

Was an interesting point by andy that in this growing market a deposit bonus is maybe more beneficial.

But i think they should maybe target the market they want not the one that they have.

So much deposit money has been pumped into transfer players who will win so little yield in mb then could have big drops.

Im not sure encouraging new users to put tenk in just to get suckerpunched when jovic goes to madrid or brandt to dortmund is the right idea.

Best advice on Fi is start with a small deposit and learn the market but so many users are joining in a period of fluctuation and big deposits and a disregard for divs its hard to understand for them.

I'm certain new users will see great profit on their investment if they wait it out a little longer for even more new users.

But i just think they should let the market grow organically and steadily by increasing divs. Not moaning tho. Very happy with my bonus. Just wanted to see the general view for the future.

• @LuaLua said in Would you rather have had divs increased or a deposit bonus?:

@Shippers
    I see no moaning in this thread. Just honest opinions and good ones too, on both sides, yours included. A pb increase at the season end would have been quite weird I guess.

For the future tho it seems like most people would prefer divs than the short term volatility a deposit seems to bring.

Was an interesting point by andy that in this growing market a deposit bonus is maybe more beneficial.

But i think they should maybe target the market they want not the one that they have.

So much deposit money has been pumped into transfer players who will win so little yield in mb then could have big drops.

Im not sure encouraging new users to put tenk in just to get suckerpunched when jovic goes to madrid or brandt to dortmund is the right idea.

Best advice on Fi is start with a small deposit and learn the market but so many users are joining in a period of fluctuation and big deposits and a disregard for divs its hard to understand for them.

I'm certain new users will see great profit on their investment if they wait it out a little longer for even more new users.

But i just think they should let the market grow organically and steadily by increasing divs. Not moaning tho. Very happy with my bonus. Just wanted to see the general view for the future.

Agree with all of this.

My concern is that so many new players don't really understand what they're signing up for and this is a risk for the platform as a whole.

There are players on FI that have never played above League 1 in England and they're worth more than players who won dividends on multiple occasions last season.

When looking at buying a player, the questions people should be asking themselves are:

What is this player's MB prospects?
    What is this player's PB prospects?
    What is this player's future value as an IPD target? (Assuming IPDs are kept, I think they will be)

But this rarely happens. More often you see something along the lines of 'this player is 60p but similar players are £1 so there's loads of room for growth'. How many dividends has the £1 player won? Probably 0. Probably hasn't played a PB eligible game in their career, and even if they have, are their returns relative to their price?

People should care about yields but they don't because the instant win of capital appreciation is too addictive.