European Elections

• @Dan-The-Man said in European Elections:

@Ericali

You're not getting it mate.

My 1 vote isn't going to be the difference maker.

Whatever I tick on that ballot paper, isn't going to change the outcome of the election.

You can go on about all the other things... but the simple fact remains the same.

You don't know you could be the one vote that's the difference between a minority or majority

• I thought it was proportional voting which means votes do count

• @Ollie It's not but it should be 👍. They put that option on ballot paper years ago but people said no.

• @Ericali

I don't control the other million people. Let me sum up politics for you.

Nigel Farage, has found a way to make an absolute fortune, whilst making friends with the richest and most powerful people in society. His method, is to divide society, cause enough anger to build, then rise to power on the promise of change.

Despite being a politician for over 25 years, an MEP, the founder and leader of not one but 2 political parties... his marketing message has been consistently: "I'm not part of the political class, they are! Those guys are causing all of the problems, we need to get them!"

Meanwhile, the division of Brexit has caused families to fight, some people are terrified out of their mind that they won't be able to get medicine for their children, companies have moved investment, billions of our taxes have been spent on NOTHING in 'No Deal' preparations, as the government tried to negotiate their way out of this mess.

Just last week, my home towns biggest factory announced it was closing down. Why? Because last year everyone stock piled in a panic about Brexit and this year as a result, there's nobody buying because they bought already. My cousin and one of my best mates both lost their jobs along with everyone else who works there.

You'd think that would cause the people in my town to realise just how devastating Brexit is but the sad reality is, in times of poverty, people become more right wing.

The reason Brexit came about is because bankers, caused a global market crash, and instead of voting to invest in the market, the wise idiots in the UK opted for austerity. That's because we as practical people think it's smart talk when a wealthy person says "Yes we will suffer in the short term, but in the long term we will be better off" and we dismiss things like Quantitative Easing as a magic money tree.

So what happens when the nation votes for Austerity? Services like the police get cut and stories about murder rise. The NHS gets decimated, teachers start leaving the profession at the fastest rate in living memory and of course... people get angry start looking for other people to blame. Just as they are doing that... Farage is pointing his finger at the immigrants and political class, whilst also telling us the same tried and tested tune of "Yes it will hurt us in the beginning but we'll be better in the long run".

And why? Why does Nigel care do you think?

Is it because he's such a brilliant, caring man?

Or is it because he's made an absolute fortune, not just his salary, or the political donations that he gets full control over, or the constant TV appearances and dinner circuits and his LBC radio show, and by rubbing shoulders with the likes of Donald Trump... I wonder how much money he's made buying and selling currency as the pound rises and falls like he's got 1,000,000 Pogba but he controls all the newspapers.

But yeah... he's doing it for democracy!! He worked hard for 25 years to cause division and anger in the name of democracy.

And here you are... telling me that my vote is going to matter. Give me a break.

• @Dan-The-Man I was going to post something along the lines of I can't understand why anyone would vote for that self serving clown shoe Farage.

But I think you've put just a little bit more effort into your post.

• @Allams-Out

When how a man eats a bacon sarni can decide an election... you need to accept that what will be, will be.

• @Dan-The-Man no, here's why Brexit is happening. A man named Nigel Farage cleverly saw that we was being dictated to by a government no one in Britain actually elected.

They made our laws in our courts, told us we couldn't deport hate preachers, told us when & where we could fish in our own waters, opened up our borders to 23 European states, told us we was a member of a closed club & we couldn't do business without their consent, they charged us billions of £'s as members of this exclusive club (to prop up poorer member states) and told us we could no longer sell wonky fruit (I kid you not!)

So they gave us all a "once in a lifetime" vote. Told us horror stories what would happen if we had the gall to leave, medicine shortages, war on the streets, nuclear Armageddon...

None of it actually happened - so now the elected, who are supposed to serve the people by the way, now are dragging their heels because they don't want to push this Brexit deal through.

So they got a "leave" deal which isn't really leaving - it's like staying, but without any say on the top table like we previously had. They got the worst of both worlds. 👌

What politicians are failing to grasp is, they are making Mr Farage into a cult hero with every bungling move they make.

Which is why he will no doubt sweep the European elections & hopefully help destoy the 2 major political classes which have ruled unchallenged for far too long.

• @Ericali said in European Elections:

Nigel Farage cleverly saw that we was being dictated to by a government no one in Britain actually elected.

Look. I enjoy a good debate as much as anyone and I'm more than happy to spar with anyone on this as I am an avid follower of politics but please don't just regurgitate Farage's rubbish, without even questioning if its true.

Which political leader do you think we didn't elect? Name the person.

@Ericali said in European Elections:

Nigel Farage cleverly saw that we was being dictated to by a government no one in Britain actually elected.

Look. I enjoy a good debate as much as anyone and I'm more than happy to spar with anyone on this as I am an avid follower of politics but please don't just regurgitate Farage's rubbish, without even questioning if its true.

Which political leader do you think we didn't elect? Name the person.

Jean-Claude Juncker & Donald Tusk 👍

The ones handcuffing us to the EU & won't let us leave - keep granting us extensions.

^^ Them two mugs...

• @Dan-The-Man The whole European Commision, EU president.

• For the first time in my life, the Greens!

• @Wb damn those anti democratic EU monsters. If only there were European elections.

At least in the UK the government can only be made up of a party that has the . Most votes. DUP anyone?

When May is given the boot and the Tories hold a leadership election, I trust that our next PM will be democratically elected by us, he electorate. Just like when May became PM

• @Ericali

OK

How do Donald Tusk became President of the European Council?

@Ericali

OK

How do Donald Tusk became President of the European Council?

You educate me? 🤔

No fcker in Britain had a say that's for sure!

• @Misto said in European Elections:

@Ericali WHAT THE FUCK HAVE YOU DONE STARTING THIS THREAD.

ha ha ha

Think you might have ripped the forum in two.

It's better than his constant scaremongering of Pogba holders since he sold up a little while ago and is devastated that the Pog keeps delivering 😉

• @Ericali

You see this is the problem.

You don't know the answer, yet you sit here spouting a load of crap like you do.

That's because Farage has baffled you with science and because he says it confidently and loudly... and more importantly, because you don't know any better... you've believed him and gone along with it.

Donald Tusk was chosen to be the President of the EU Council, by... unsurprisingly... the EU Council. In the same way that the Conservative Party pick who will be our Prime Minister.

On the EU Council, sits... the British Prime Minister (our elected leader).

That's this little thing called representative democracy.

@Ericali

You see this is the problem.

You don't know the answer, yet you sit here spouting a load of crap like you do.

That's because Farage has baffled you with science and because he says it confidently and loudly... and more importantly, because you don't know any better... you've believed him and gone along with it.

Donald Tusk was chosen to be the President of the EU Council, by... unsurprisingly... the EU Council. In the same way that the Conservative Party pick who will be our Prime Minister.

On the EU Council, sits... our elected leader.

That's this little thing called representative democracy.

No, no, no - rewind.

The conservative party pick a leader of the country if the public put the conservative government in power. 👍

That's how it goes....

Nobody in Britain elected an EU council - we didn't elect a European government to makes rules for us?

Y'see.... In the 70s we joined a thing called the "common market" where we would freely trade goods with the continent - sounds brilliant 👍

What we DIDN'T sign up for was to be governed by an unelected former Luxembourg President & his failed Polish counterpart. 😐

Hope this helps....

• @Ericali said in European Elections:

That's how it goes....

Nobody in Britain elected an EU council

We elected a Prime Minister... she's on the council.

Try to follow along.

• @Dan-The-Man A facade of representative democracy. Once you realise 99% of politicians are not looking out for any of us then you'll see the EU for what it is. Power and control.

@Ericali said in European Elections:

That's how it goes....

Nobody in Britain elected an EU council

We elected a Prime Minister... she's on the council.

Try to follow along.

Yeh, she's on their by default, through prior governments who signed us up.

Unfortunately, she's handcuffed to the table.

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.