European Elections

• Caerphilly in Wales. Doing my research during my lunch today as all the leaflets I've had through the door tell me nothing! By the sounds of it Wales is going Brexit Party mad, which is interesting to say the least..

• I abstained from voting on the Brexit issue, as I could see positives and negatives to both outcomes, so you sometimes CANNOT vote if you are undecided.

Unfortunately the main positive outcome from leaving the EU (shit loads of extra money for our NHS) was a total fabrication, so if I had been furnished with accurate information and not lies, I'd have voted remain. Ah well

• I've been in some fun Brexit debts than get pretty heated around my places of work. Imagine being at British Steel right now. The blame game must be insane.

• @ScouseSte things is Ste, we don't know any potential positives from leaving the EU - as parliament won't let us leave.

It's why we are taking part in these elections in the first place when we should have been out the door on March 31st.

We are virtually being held captive by our politicians. "Computer says No" now vote again silly boy!

• @Ericali said in European Elections:

@ScouseSte things is Ste, we don't know any potential positives from leaving the EU - as parliament won't let us leave.

It's why we are taking part in these elections in the first place when we should have been out the door on March 31st.

We are being held captive by our politicians.

I think it's in the national interest that the politicians are doing this though. The voters were misled, plain and simply.
    But whatever happens, life goes on. British stiff upper lip and all that 🙄

• @ScouseSte said in European Elections:

The voters were misled, plain and simply.

Completely true - "We'll respect the result of the referendum & implement the result, the people can decide" said by various politicians on both sides - PURE LIES.

• @ScouseSte everyone is entitled to their opinion - but I wasn't misled. 👍

I knew what I was voting for, and it was to leave the EU & the single market.

@ScouseSte everyone is entitled to their opinion - but I wasn't misled. 👍

I knew what I was voting for, and it was to leave the EU & the single market.

As I said, I chose to abstain so I'll just play whatever hand is eventually dealt.
    There are pros and cons to every outcome.

• @ScouseSte agreed. I prefer the democratic option though, you have a vote on something, win or lose you honour the outcome - whether you agree with it or not. That's being civilised. If you start disagreeing with "official" results you start becoming a dictatorship.

@NewUser159387 yep... Teresa can pack her bags if she is soundly defeated today - not delivering for remainers or leavers. Total mess.

I don't think people realise the results don't come in until late Sunday at the earliest. Think several senior Tories have made this mistake too (amongst many others)

• Elections! who gives a crap...worst thread I've come across on FI forum

• @Spikeurdrink said in European Elections:

Elections! who gives a crap...worst thread I've come across on FI forum

Hahaha HERE HERE! 😂👏🏻

• @Ericali Perhaps you were well aware of what you were voting for and why, but between the lies about NHS funding and the unrealistic expectations of Britain's bargaining position while leaving it is fair to say some people were deceived.

I don't think asking people if they have changed their mind with new information is undemocratic, and I'd rather our MP's did that then continue because of a very narrow result of a poll that was campaigned badly on both sides very little in the way of good information. I don't think the public on mass were well informed of the merits of either argument and that is a very important factor when going ahead with something that could have massive implications on the livelihoods of the population.

What I think everyone would agree with is both of the major parties have let everyone on both sides down.

• No point in voting in a non democratic country. Anyone’s opinion on brexit is completely irrelevant it should have been delivered.
    Picture this. Corbyn wins a general election (very unlikely), then is told he can’t move into Downing Street until there’s been a confirmatory vote!!!

• @NewUser303261 it's undemocratic because we haven't actually changed anything yet - they won't let us leave!

If we leave & fail.... by all means in 5 years vote to go back in - but you can't sample it & give an opinion if your not allowed to experience it in the first place!

This is common sense man....

• @NewUser303261 Rubbish. You must activate any democratic vote, then decide what’s best after.

• @Keegans-Bluff said in European Elections:

@Ericali said in European Elections:

@NewUser159387 yep... Teresa can pack her bags if she is soundly defeated today - not delivering for remainers or leavers. Total mess.

I don't think people realise the results don't come in until late Sunday at the earliest. Think several senior Tories have made this mistake too (amongst many others)

Annoying when that happens....

764, 765, 766 - then Dave bursts through the door with a kettle & asks if anyone wants a cup of tea? And I lose my train of thought.... 1, 2, 3....

Can see why the results take so long with our outdated methods! 👍

• @NewUser303261 I didn’t realise a win by 1.3m votes was narrow.

• @Ericali I wouldn't be against that if leaving and failing didn't have potential irreversible consequences for the county and more specifically for the poorer communities.

We know the electorate were not well informed, we know the leave campaign was not truthful, we know there is potentially illegal funding involved, we know that a referendum is not actually legally binding, we know the pound dropped after the result, we know various companies have pulled manufacturing from the UK, we know job losses are a reality.

I'd rather the public interest is the priority rather then a narrow result in an illegally campaigned and badly informed vote.

• @Timothee-Atouba in a country with the population of over 65 million yes it is extremely narrow.

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.