European Elections

• @Ericali I never called anyone stupid, I said the electorate (both sides) were not well informed. I blame both campaigns.

I'm from one of those communities myself, and yes change is needed.

Austerity has hurt those communities, austerity is what made me redundant from my public sector job a few years ago. Stop assuming I'm from this area of privilege when you know nothing about me or where I'm from.

So leaving the EU can't hurt those poor communities? tell that to the people in Sunderland and Swindon that have lost their jobs.

The result is what caused uncertainty. If and when we do leave, there will be further uncertainty, because we don't know how our trade deals will change things like food prices, export businesses and so on. Brexit is a massive ball of uncertainty, that will mean further drops. it may well recover but it may well take a very long time. The uncertainty will certainly not strengthen the pound.

Your aware how things like zero hour contracts can make official figures of employment be very deceiving to the reality.

• @NewUser303261 I'm also aware if your big companies can't source cheap labour from abroad they may, just may... be forced to rise wages a little to cover the work that still needs to be done only not on slave-like contracts.

Of course, the rich don't want to do that (improve living standards for the poor) so we need to maintain that status quo of cheap labour from Eastern Europe. 👍

And we will shout anyone down as racists who doesn't agree with us as we have no other counter-arguement!

• @Ericali well this thread alone has earned you more votes than May.

• And who are you to decide the electorate wasn't informed properly? 🤔

Well there's the obvious lies like the NHS funding. And the talk of our bargaining power while leaving (which has been proven to be wrong since the vote) and that the campaigns from both sides were purely speculative.

So yes, that to me doesn't sound like a well informed electorate.

If I had more time I'm sure I could provide tons of actual false quotes from the campaign.

• Hampshire, voted Lib Dem.

• @NewUser303261 said in European Elections:

And who are you to decide the electorate wasn't informed properly? 🤔

Well there's the obvious lies like the NHS funding. And the talk of our bargaining power while leaving (which has been proven to be wrong since the vote) and that the campaigns from both sides were purely speculative.

So yes, that to me doesn't sound like a well informed electorate.

If I had more time I'm sure I could provide tons of actual false quotes from the campaign.

Go & research just one quote (I think it was yesterday) and MPs actually admit we will have more to spend on the NHS after we leave the EU. It just probably isn't the figure on the bus.

Is the world bigger than Europe? 🤔 USA have already said we will both strike a great deal for both countries - the EU know this & that's why they aren't allowing us to engage in any trade talks.

• @NewUser303261 You can only strike a good agreement/deal if you’re willing to walk away and with our spineless, remain politicians Europe know that won’t be happening.

• @Spikeurdrink said in European Elections:

Elections! who gives a crap...worst thread I've come across on FI forum

You obviously never came across the one about Footstock then....

• @NewUser303261 companies that have pulled the plug didnt do so because we were leaving they did it because of the uncertainty caused by May and that she hasnt gave anyone a yes or no answer. How can they tie down new contracts with so much uncertainty. We should of left in march, claimed back our waters and created or own trade agreements. Our country shouldnt have to rely on the european union they need us more than we need them we arent here to prop up and support the struggling eu countries we should be looking after ourselves first

• @Timothee-Atouba Leave campaigned saying we would have leverage. We did not. Blame the politicians all you want, and I think they have done a terrible job, but the EU always had the leverage, because even if we do walk away, no deal hurts us a lot more than them.

If you leave any group but want to keep some of the conditions, you do not have the bargaining power.

• @Ericali who the fuk wants chlorine rinsed chicken fur dinner! How about sum steroid boosted beef!!

• @Black-wolf So all the companies that pulled the plug just as we were heading towards the brexit dealine but it had nothing to do with brexit? hmmmm.

What makes you think the EU needs us more than them?

Do you have any idea how difficult and time consuming to do trade deals?

If someone has lost all their trade deals and are trying to make new deals desperately and soon or they are screwed, how much leverage do you think they have? That's why Trump (terrible president, but a great businessman) was very in favour of the UK leaving without a deal. Because he would have all the leverage if we wanted to do trade deals with them. The man understands deals and leverage.

• This post is deleted!

• alt text

• This post is deleted!

• @NewUser297678 deadly serious

• @NewUser151265 said in European Elections:

@Ericali who the fuk wants chlorine rinsed chicken fur dinner! How about sum steroid boosted beef!!

You are a big posh sod with plums in your mouth, and the plums have mutated and they have got beaks. You make pigs smoke. You feed beef burgers to swans. You have big sheds, but nobody's allowed in. And in these sheds you have 20ft high chickens, and these chickens are scared because the don't know why they're so big, and they're going, "Oh why am I so massive?" and they're looking down at all the little chickens and they think they're in an aeroplane because all the other chickens are so small. Do you deny that? No, I think his silence speaks volumes
    0_1558613249591_upload-2d72c52c-3502-406c-aef0-230fb733508b

• @NewUser151265 actually i misunderstood what you meant

• @NewUser303261 well are they just printing money?
    Are we one of the struggling countries that the eu is supporting? No so for these countries that take out more than they put in there has to be countries putting in more than they take out. The uk and germany are the biggest contributors to the eu. hence the eu needs us more than we need it. Pull your head out your ass and see that maybe just because things are ok where you are they arent everywhere else large parts of the uk are in need of drastic changes. Mp’s need to stop assuming they know whats best for everyone and start listening. They’re lack of listening is what has brought us to now

• I need to stop looking at this the whole remain argument gets me so worked up by how ludicrous it sounds i go into a rant. 🤣

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.