Goalkeepers - Alisson

• Champions league final coming up and a Copa America tournament in the summer, does anyone think Alisson could over take De Gea as the number 1 goalkeeper by the start of next season? 65p today with a high of £1.01. If he gets a CL and Copa America trophy under his belt he's surely bound to rise?

Can anyone explain why the goalkeepers are so undervalued? 1p a clean sheet is a decent return on some of the guaranteed stoppers in the leagues. Both Alisson and Ederson hit the 20 clean sheets mark along with Ter Stegen.

Is there a reason they seem to be out of fashion?

• @letsby-avenue said in Goalkeepers - Alisson:

Is there a reason they seem to be out of fashion?

Virtually no chance of PB & until MB is opened up next season none qualify for MB either. IPD's have added value but obviously require recycling every month or so but I believe GK's in general are due a revaluation, perhaps with their own category or at least another way to win. They are by far the cheapest & safest way to play FI & I am slowly building holdings across a whole range as there is virtually no downside risk but potentially lots of upside.

• Your qualification period to get the 1p clean sheet bonus is only 30 days.

In the words of many rappers.... Keepers ain't shit!

• What I 've seen this season, Alisson deserves to be the best GK: Least goals conceded in PL, most clean sheets, magnificent saves to bring Liverpool to UEFA CL final, 1st GK in his national team.

If once the De Gea transfer cools down, Alisson will be the most expensive GK in the index.

• The irony is not lost on me that as I wrote this De Gea just went parabolic lol.

Is it not worth banking on a Gk with a nice set of fixtures for 30 days and then flipping him?

• @letsby-avenue said in Goalkeepers - Alisson:

The irony is not lost on me that as I wrote this De Gea just went parabolic lol.

Is it not worth banking on a Gk with a nice set of fixtures for 30 days and then flipping him?

Not at Alisson's price it's not, he's 65p.

Say you buy 100, that's £65.

Say Alisson then keeps 5 clean sheets in the first 30 days, which is quite optimistic (due to amount of fixtures if nothing else). You have won £5 in dividends.

Assuming his price hasn't moved and instant sell is still 63p, you could instant sell for £63, which returns £61.74 after commission into your balance. Add on the £5 in dividends and you have £66.74, which is a profit of £1.74 and a ROI of 2.67%.

Of course he may get more than 5 clean sheets in that period, but how likely is that? He's more likely to get less than 5.

You could also sell him to market but then you're sitting on that money for longer.

Generally, IPD punts are the guys that are cheaper than that. I also dislike the idea of buying a keeper for IPDs as they can only keep 1 clean sheet per game, where as cheap outfield players can get multiple goals and assists per game.

• @Yellow I agree with you in certain aspects here. I am an advocate for gks and did well out of them last season. They certainly have a peak value though and I wouldn't be looking to buy into a goalkeeper at 65p.
    What I would say is that while you can only get 1 clean sheet per game, keepers are much less likely to be rotated which is the issue with outfield players.

• @NewUser731

Also MB will be opened up next season so penalty saves (increasing due to VAR use?) & MoM performances might provide dividends. I also hold out hope that some sort of other way to win will be introduced, own category or similar, within the 3 year max holding period. So whilst 65p is still probably towards the maximum expected current price range any platform changes & exponential future growth might also result in unexpected wins as GK's are undoubtedly the cheapest & safest way to play FI.

• Actually, Alisson is the no.1 GK on the Index, not de Gea. See below. I bought Alisson on Tuesday because of this and for appreciation. I hold de Gea for MB this summer and appreciation too. De Gea's currently up 21p for me because of the transfer news.

0_1558623410954_upload-64192219-2cde-4493-93c1-4c489dcc8478

• @Londoner Where did you get that Allison breakdown from mate?

• @Wb said in Goalkeepers - Alisson:

@Londoner Where did you get that Allison pic from mate?

Footy Index Scout. It's free to join: https://www.footyindexscout.co.uk/public/

• @Londoner Cheers bud 👍

• @Londoner Average PB of 92 is very high for a GK and not bad if you compare to other defenders. Maguire (2.xx) has a much lower PB average.

Next season, MB will open for all players. As soon as Liverpool is there in the race, Alisson can win some MB too.

• @Victory said in Goalkeepers - Alisson:

@Londoner Average PB of 92 is very high for a GK and not bad if you compare to other defenders. Maguire (2.xx) has a much lower PB average.

Next season, MB will open for all players. As soon as Liverpool is there in the race, Alisson can win some MB too.

Agreed. I still think GKs should have their own category. It's not fair that they should compete with defenders for PB. Only bought my first GK after the SS as it's not worth having them. I have two now since I wanted to add more balance to my port. Every time there is an FI announcement, GKs start flying! That's because traders are anticipating the much needed GK category.

• Allison is highly unlikely to be winning pb anytime soon. He has never scored over 150. and has only scored over 135 4 times.
    So many better bargains out there.
    Not a good choice for mb tbh bit risky and his first season is over so media less interested in him now. You could argue against this. But you'll probably be hoping for some howlers or penalty shoot out heroics, injuries or baffling side events tbh.
    Worthless for ipds as yellow so eloquently explained.

The only reason you might buy alisson is because you think he's the best keeper in the world and that unfortunately is a terrible reason to buy him and won't see you get very far.
    Don't want to be harsh but its true.

• @LuaLua where did you get the stats?

From footyindexscout, his PB score is 150 or over 5 times. He won PB for top defender 1 time; MB for 11 times. His price is 0.6x now

De Gea is 150 and over only twice, De gea never won a PB, only one MB. His price is 0.8x now.

You can argue that Alisson is highly unlikely to be winning pb anytime soon. Can any other GK win PB anytime soon? or has any GK in the index or even players more likely win PB soon with the same price range?

• Sorry i guess he has scored over 150 but never with liverpool. They typically don't allow as many shots on target and thus his scores are never as high as they were with roma i supect.

De gea has an mb media storm round the corner. Altho i think his price is unjustified.

I think most of allisons media came from his transfer.

@Victory said in Goalkeepers - Alisson:

Can any other GK win PB anytime soon?

No. No-one should really be buying keepers for pb.

@Victory said in Goalkeepers - Alisson:

players more likely win PB soon with the same price range?

Plenty. Valentin rongier has won 13p in divs and is only 71p.

He is not a terrible punt i overreacted tbh as he has a chance of winning both pb n mb but its very slight imo. I just don't think people should necessarily be buying him because they think he's a good player. I'll shutup now.

• @LuaLua fair point on Rongier.

For Alisson and all the GKs in the Index, all of them are cheap as it is very difficult for them to win PB; MB is also impossible (non of them are in the top 200 to be eligible now). But from the next season, all players are eligible for MB. GKs of top PL teams will benefit from this; Alisson, Ederson, De Gea (if he stays), Kepa. It may be good to get in early.

• @Victory Yea fair on the big boys. I'm certainly gonna be keeping track of how they do media wise. Interested to see how a big performance affects mb. I can imagine de gea potentially having won for that performance at united or maybe the one at tottenham this season. Predicting mb is just so hard though.