ROI Goals

• What sort of ROI do people aim for when purchasing a player? I know it may vary depending on the reasons why you bought them etc but would be interested to know what people’s strategies are?

Personally I aim for 20% before I look to offload unless I see continued growth in that player before I look to change things up and reinvest elsewhere and have seen success in the short space of time I have been here.

• For me, I don't set goals. I always evaluate objectively and sell when I think they have hit a plateau and I can make more money elsewhere.

That said, I barely ever sell players and my exit strategy is me deciding to sell then refusing to :/

I have set my port up for long term though, as I believe most players would have doubled this time next year so I have no reason to sell

• Normally i aim for 50 to 100% but i tend to use a more long term hold approach. I suppose it all depends on your time frame

• @MrWh1te I do exactly the same, I find I get easily attached to the player and find it tough to part ways 🙈 have to remind myself it’s not profit until it’s banked!

• @Gibbers14 said in ROI Goals:

@MrWh1te I do exactly the same, I find I get easily attached to the player and find it tough to part ways 🙈 have to remind myself it’s not profit until it’s banked!

I have a similar problem here and still i stoically hold on to my 600 Kevin Keegan futures

• Small percentage jumps often so generally 8-15% but i trade a lot and shuffle round a bunch.

• Don't really have targets myself, sometimes i just like to get rid of a certain player whether it's plus or minus, I have Ryan Fraser currently on 124% with absolutely no plans to sell, I've made the mistake of selling and watching continued growth way too many times.

• I don't set ROIs on players, rather I set MEVs- minimum expected value which i expect them to reach and then once they reach that MEV I sell immediately and take my profits.