Dangerous Levels of Hype: Matthijs De Ligt

• You said might get mbit’s an awful post still awful your like the guy who supports a team who loses 5-2 and because you scored 2 you claim victory. On Your theory at min you would always be right he rises I predicted that he drops I predicted that

wen he’s at 2.30 gloat if you want but as much
    as you think your topic points was good if you’d
    bought at 2.89 you could still instant sell and
    be In profit.

• @LuaLua he's won the most divs and had huge cap ap since the thread was started. Was a shocking 'warning'. As @therock says...you are always going to be right eventually... Especially if in the small print you cover all bases. The title was way over dramatic and wrongly timed.

• @Vespasian32 said in Dangerous Levels of Hype: Matthijs De Ligt:

@LuaLua he's won the most divs and had huge cap ap since the thread was started. Was a shocking 'warning'.

Again, I say: READ THE POST

I used Daley Blind's 50p worth of divs during the Manchester United transfer to show that De Ligt's transfer could carry huge MB in a short space of time and I said that his price would likely rise.

As @therock says...you are always going to be right eventually...

You're criticising me for being right, on a platform where we gamble based on our ability to predict things.

Here's what happened....

You read a title and jumped into the comment section to spout your mouth off without reading the thread. Now you've been shown some of the thread and can't reasonably attack the content, so... you're bitching about the title and the author.

Seriously... show me 1 part of the post that was incorrect.

• It's the title that's a joke. I don't need to read anything else. I don't think many people will read 'dangerous levels of hype' and think the content will be about 'buy this player' it's a huge disconnect. At the time of posting he would have been the best buy on the index.
    Dangerous Levels of ballshit would be more apt... You should change it.

• Hate to break this to you dan but I was first to call you out on this total bullshit thread there’s no jumping on it I called it for what is was at the time and my opinion has not changed you claiming a moral victory on putting he might get MB (not the ones you predicted Kane would mop up also hilarious) Just face facts your call was he’s over priced and he’s gone up that’s the truth

• @therock said in Dangerous Levels of Hype: Matthijs De Ligt:

Hate to break this to you dan but I was first to call you out on this total bullshit thread

You want a prize for being the first moron in the thread? Have a cookie.

face facts your call was he’s over priced and he’s gone up that’s the truth

Your inability to read and comprehend analysis is crystal clear. Let me put it this way for you. Bubbles burst by over inflating. Seeing a bubble dangerously close to bursting and pointing it out, is what I did.

I didn't create a thread saying "SELL SELL SELL" because there were still some high risk/high reward money to be made. Which is exactly what I stated in the thread.

Right now... some people got in at £3.43 and if they were to instant sell to try get out of his downward spiral, they'd get £2.85 per share. In other words, they've lost 17% on him and that's only if they've got out by now.

• @Dan-The-Man

I agree with others that the heading didn't really match the actual content of your post, but you did make some decent arguments about why you thought he was overpriced. Not that I necessarily agree with you, but was certainly food for thought.

What I would be interested to know though is:

1. Has De Ligt risen more than you expected when writing this post, especially when at one point he reached £3.43?
    2. Has the amount of media interest surprised you? I know you predicted MB wins, but he seems to be in top 5 daily recently
    3. When the transfer does finally happen, what do you think his price will fall to?

• @Dan-The-Man

How much would some one of made on himif they sold to market at the current price and how much MB have would they have made per share if they had bought on the day of the post

Just reminding you that you didn’t tell people to buy him at 2.89 then sell at 3.34 if that’s what your deluded brain thinks you wrote

Aswell why did you delete part of the post genius

• @Weggers83 said in Dangerous Levels of Hype: Matthijs De Ligt:

@Dan-The-Man

What I would be interested to know though is:

1. Has De Ligt risen more than you expected?

In the summary of the post, I called him "the definition of high risk/high reward", because some gamblers would be able to make a fortune out him in that short window of time but for me, it was never about how high he might rise. It was about how far he would fall.

My assessment was that De Ligt was already massively over priced and that his peak was always going to be very short lived. It didn't matter how high he grew in the immediate short term, he was going to fall further around the time his transfer was announced. A higher peak just meant even more people getting burned.

1. Has the amount of media interest surprised you?

No.

I used the Daley Blind example in the post, because of the obvious similarities between the two. Blind picked up 50p during his transfer to Man Utd. De Ligt also had the Nations League to add to his media hype.

1. When the transfer does finally happen, what do you think his price will fall to?

It depends largely where he goes but the initial drop is nothing compared to the downward spiral that seems likely to follow.

Here's the top PB winning defenders from last season.

• Van Dijk: £3.03
    • Maguire: £1.98
    • Akanji: £1.36
    • Marquinhos: £1.31
    • Tah: £1.26
    • Digne: £1.15
    • Elvedi: £0.97
    • Ramos: £0.89 <----- highest PB winner last season
    • Vertonghen: £0.62

Van Dijk and Maguire have obvious reasons to be significantly more expensive than the rest, so chop them out and you're left with a bunch of players under £1.50.

I agree with others that the heading didn't really match the actual content of your post

The headline is dangerous levels of hype... the content explained why De Ligt was a high risk investment, who's dangerously over valued. I really don't see the disconnect. Within 2 weeks of me writing it, some people had bought in and nose dived in to the red.

@Dan-The-Man

How much would some one of made on himif they sold to market at the current price and how much MB have would they have made per share if they had bought on the day of the post

What do you think I meant by

"the definition of a high risk-high reward player"

• Someone delete the thread before Dan's head explodes 😱

• @LuaLua Oh wait dan created the thread ahahaha
    Dan save yourself.
    Dangerous levels of overheating occurring.

• I’m just glad people got out the way of all harry Kane’s media buzz that De Ligt stole 😂😂 and the car crash of the 45p rise.

We’re never goin to agree on this so best be left
    alone I don’t even own De Ligt I half expect you to put haha if he hits 2.50 wen I own varane and maguire not him

• @therock don't buy Maguire mate... He might very well win a shit tonne of media and make it to £3 but eventually he will go down in price. I called it first.

• @LuaLua

I'm 100% for people ripping my threads to pieces. That's how we learn. It'd be just nice if it were done by people who had read and understood the thread, rather than some idiots who read the title then started wading in, without reading the post.

We’re never goin to agree on this so best be left

Well you leave it then but you're right. When his transfer goes through and his price falls out the sky, I'm absolutely going to be tagging you. Might even make a new thread pointing to your 'frankly embarrassing' comment.

That's gonna be a fun little day for me.

• at one point can we tag you in and laugh then dan the time he’s increased by 50p a share (happened) the current 30p (happened) oh never because you put he might increase.

Out of interest what part of the post did you delete I’m guessing you said something laughable and didn’t want called out on it you’ve got no credability once you’ve done that it’s like your a tipster deleting losing bets

• @Dan-The-Man 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 you don't half love a big old argument. Whilst you've made valid points I think your points are hard to argue with as you pretty much cover all bases of the argument and you turn out to be right whatever the outcome 😂. I don't necesseray disagree with pointing out information to newcomers or handing out advice and of course it's your opinion and that's fair enough. I mentioned the other day it only feels like you're really just taking into account short term trading, the market in a year could see rises on all players and his price be close or even well above the £2.89, his PB could be outstanding for the next year say if he went to PSG. Look at at Kimmich price as an example. If he says he goes to PSG, has some outstanding PB scores and his price is £3.20 with also another summer of potentional MB who would be right then? 🤔. Remember everyone has different strategies

Out of interest what part of the post did you delete

Now you're making shit up.

I've never had any issues with being wrong. When I was wrong about Harry Kane's media week, I was the first person to point it out.

• Can’t you read dan I mean the part where it comes up this post is deleted on this topic thank god you can’t edit

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.