Dangerous Levels of Hype: Matthijs De Ligt

• your scare mongering just isn't working Dan. de Ligt now shitting on Maguire from lofty heights.

Who else do you think should be avoided - I have money to spend

• @Vespasian32 hahah
    tbf he said a number of times he would win loads of divs
    He also never said he wouldn't rise
    He just said watch out for the drop could be massive which is correct and fair enough.
    Can't have all the new users getting absolutely burnt by transfers. How many threads have we seen recently along the lines of

'WHY HAS (ENTER TRANSFER TARGET HERE) DROPPED'

• @Vespasian32

Learn to read.

"the next few weeks could be promising for De Ligt holders."

"In all likelihood he'll still grow in price"

• @Dan-The-Man said in Dangerous Levels of Hype: Matthijs De Ligt:

Learn to read.

Learn to quote ;p

• @Vespasian32 said in Dangerous Levels of Hype: Matthijs De Ligt:

your scare mongering just isn't working Dan. de Ligt now shitting on Maguire from lofty heights.

Who else do you think should be avoided - I have money to spend

What's with the point scoring.

Honestly, we have seen this a lot. A high profile transfer picks up stacks of media and increases in price during the saga. At any point, there could be a breaking news of De ligt agrees transfer to Barcelona. If that happens, there is a high chance of a serious crash. People seen James and morata lose well over 50 percent of their value in that scenario in a very short period of time so a lot of people are very wary.

Nobody knows what will happen, if he stays at ajax and it lingers for months then he will look a fantastic choice to keep hold of him in all likelihood.

Transfer windows are pretty intense in FI. People can make serious money but can also have pretty desperate losses. I don't want anything to do with this one as I consider the risk massively outweighs reward but if you do then good luck to you and if you get your timing right or he does join man utd it could work out very nicely for you.

• Don't buy anyone then... at some point they could retire or die.

• @mike778 i agree, there are quite a few very overpriced players where the downside risk far exceeds the upside reward, and I choose to avoid them. It doesn't mean they're necessarily a bad trade now. I do hope however that if there is a significant fall on one of these players, the traders in question dont start complaining about the market and panic selling like we've seen in the past. FI is gambling, money can be lost as well as won 😁

• Thanks for this thread he's 25p up on this price now! 🤦‍♂️

• @9stevo

You say it like I didn't predict that he'd rise and pick up a fair bit of MB during this period.

@Dan-The-Man said

this could just be the beginning of the media storm. At time of writing, De Ligt is 2nd in MB for the day and has stated that his future won't be decided until after the Nations League, a few weeks from now. It's worth remembering that when Daley Blind, transferred to Man Utd, he picked up 50p in MB, so the next few weeks could be promising for De Ligt holders.

In all likelihood he'll still grow in price and if the Man Utd deal does come back on the table, he might even pick up some decent dividends

• I know people got on him much earlier but I decided against going in when he was £1.95 per future and threw my money at a few cheaper prospects. Live and learn 😟

• @Dan-The-Man

You also said that people would look an idiot
    in a month so the 35p rise so far best become
    A 35p loss in the nxt two weeks or you’ll need
    to find yourself a mirror

• @therock said in Dangerous Levels of Hype: Matthijs De Ligt:

@Dan-The-Man

You also said that people would look an idiot
    in a month so the 35p rise so far best become
    A 35p loss in the nxt two weeks or you’ll need
    to find yourself a mirror

Well, that's not quite the words I used.

I just reread the thread, and I stand by what I said, so far the numbers and timelines are bang in line with my predictions and I do believe there'll be a drop when the transfer is announced, and the size of that drop will depend on the club. For example, if it's Barcelona. he'll drop more than if it's Liverpool or Man United. Here's what I'd said to @9stevo

I mean, lets say he goes and picks up 10p or even 20p's worth of dividends over the next 2 weeks. It's possible, especially given the Nations League. That might even see him rise a bit more...

If he drops, 50p, the spread alone will be more than 10p, so you'll be left 30p down over night and with no real guarantee of him rising and that could then be a fairly slow death, as he drops another £1-£2, to fall in line with the other defenders at equally big clubs, with long careers ahead of them.

I think there's safer places to put my money but we all have to decide those things. I could just as easily be wrong, he could clean up next week and grow another pound, then not drop because of his age. Seems unlikely to me.

• PSG now appear to be favourites with De Ligt very close to signing according to reports.
    PSG defenders tend to well for PB but you would have to say if he signs he looks very overpriced compared to the likes of Marquinhos - even factoring in age I think anything more than £2 would be a stretch if this goes through.

• @Dan-The-Man said in Dangerous Levels of Hype: Matthijs De Ligt:

You say it like I didn't predict that he'd rise and pick up a fair bit of MB during this period.

Not really sure what the point of this thread was then because it sounds like the TL, DR version is...
    "don't buy this guy... For the next month or so he will have the most cap ap and div wins in the index"

@Dan-The-Man said in Dangerous Levels of Hype: Matthijs De Ligt:

Not really sure what the point of this thread was then because it sounds like the TL, DR version is...
    "don't buy this guy... For the next month or so he will have the most cap ap and div wins in the index"

You didn't need to make up your own TL, DR version... I'd written a summary.

"In all likelihood he'll still grow in price and if the Man Utd deal does come back on the table, he might even pick up some decent dividends but a giant fall in his price tag seems outright inevitable no matter where he goes. It will likely happen the day his transfer is announced and it could spiral."

Do you disagree with the summary?

• @Dan-The-Man it doesn't tie in with the title thread... Or why you singled de Ligt out. Didn't warrant a thread just to say 'during transfer sagas players price goes up and they win MB but then if the rumours die or the transfer is confirmed the price can crash'

Its not specific to de Ligt and everyone knows anyway.

Its like a title "Dan dangerously close to being drunk!!!"

Small print... If he drinks 15 more pints of beer... But he also will be OK if he drinks water instead

@Dan-The-Man it doesn't tie in with the title thread...

Yes it does. Have you even read the original post?

The post points out that the guy is dangerously over inflated and what could become of his price if he joins Barcelona.

"the definition of a high-risk high-reward player".

I'm sure the people who got in at £3.43 are stinging right now. He's dropped from £3.43 to £3.16 in a flash and that's before his transfer has been announced. What will happen on the day his transfer is announced? How far will he drop?

Tell me which part of the post was incorrect? Right now... it seems like you're bitching at me, for writing a well researched, balanced post, that so far has been proven entirely correct.

Seems like a familiar story doesn't it. You criticising me for giving the community good info.

@Vespasian32 said in Pogba, Hold or sell:

luckily his opinion is muck after his de ligt thread - who has won MB basically every day, plus IPD during Nations League plus massive cap ap lol.

@Dan-The-Man just bantz lolz.. you've been mostly right about Pogba - I got out ages ago after originally arguing the case for him.

• You still claiming this a good post when he’s still 10 percent up on what you quoted was dangerous don’t worry bout how annoyed people who bought at 3.46 if anyone sold at 2.89 Because
    he’s a car crash waiting to happen have seriously missed out you helped nobody get over it.

• @therock said in Dangerous Levels of Hype: Matthijs De Ligt:

You still claiming this a good post when he’s still 10 percent up on what you quoted was dangerous

Yeah... because I said he would rise and get MB.

Show me which part was inaccurate. Or is it just that you can't read.

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.