Dangerous Levels of Hype: Matthijs De Ligt

• @Dan-The-Man I don't necessarily have a counter-argument. I just don't like the concept of creating threads singling out individual holds - there is probably at least 25% of the top 200 that are over-priced in my opinion but I don't see the need to create a specific thread on one in particular.

• @janner73

I looked in to the player to decide if I should buy him or not, came to the conclusion he's a dangerous bet and shared my research.

If that's not a good use of the forum, I don't know what is.

• @Dan-The-Man if the title of the thread was Matthijs De Light: Good Buy or not? then that's a different matter - its inviting discussion and viewpoints. The title of the thread is what I have an issue with more than anything - its saying to anyone that looks don't buy De Ligt or sell De Ligt without even reading anything.

• @janner73 said in Dangerous Levels of Hype: Matthijs De Ligt:

@Dan-The-Man if the title of the thread was Matthijs De Light: Good Buy or not? then that's a different matter - its inviting discussion and viewpoints. The title of the thread is what I have an issue with more than anything - its saying to anyone that looks don't buy De Ligt or sell De Ligt without even reading anything.

You know, your indignation would seem a whole lot more sincere, if you didn't make threads where you openly encourage people to buy players that you've already purchased.

0_1559195517317_Screen Shot 2019-05-30 at 06.47.58.png

This De Ligt thread isn't asking anyone to part with their money to make me better off. It's just flagging up the danger as I see it. I'm not going to apologise for looking out for other people by sharing my research with the community and by the looks of it, some people are glad I did.

• @Dan-The-Man said in Dangerous Levels of Hype: Matthijs De Ligt:

@janner73 said in Dangerous Levels of Hype: Matthijs De Ligt:

@Dan-The-Man if the title of the thread was Matthijs De Light: Good Buy or not? then that's a different matter - its inviting discussion and viewpoints. The title of the thread is what I have an issue with more than anything - its saying to anyone that looks don't buy De Ligt or sell De Ligt without even reading anything.

You know, your indignation would seem a whole lot more sincere, if you didn't make threads where you openly encourage people to buy players that you've already purchased.

0_1559195517317_Screen Shot 2019-05-30 at 06.47.58.png

This De Ligt thread isn't asking anyone to part with their money to make me better off. It's just flagging up the danger as I see it. I'm not going to apologise for looking out for sharing my research with the community and by the looks of it, some people are glad I did.

Lol! Where in that post to I ask anyone to part with money? I simply point out a player, with logical reasons, that I think is value. There are ridiculous pumps that happen every day on this forum with no sound logic other than to make the poster a few pound.
    As usual, when someone is on the back foot they resort to hitting out at the person questioning them rather than having a reasoned debate.

• @janner73 said in [Dangerous Levels of Hype: Matthijs De Ligt]

I simply point out a player, with logical reasons, that I think is value.

Oh, I see.

When you post about a player with 'sound logical reasons' that's cool, but when I do it... I'm trying to cause a crash, short De Ligt's futures and get money pumped in to other players.

I'm all about the sharing of research and I ain't got nothing against your Mario Hermoso post but don't you think you're being a tad hypocritical here?

• @Dan-The-Man Is my thread titled Mario Hermoso: The Next Big Thing??? The title of the thread is the issue - it screams sell this guy now and it doesn't invite discussion or debate. I have no issue with your opinion on De Ligt but at least make the title of the thread one that invites discussion on the player.
    I can see you don't get my point so let's just leave it there.

The title of the thread is the issue - it screams sell this guy now and it doesn't invite discussion or debate.

Oh... I see... the title of thread is what you have a problem with...

Maybe I misunderstand your original complaint, probably because you didn't mention the title and seemed more focused on hitting me with accusations that were soon shown to be hypocritical.

"My problem with this thread is nobody was asking for advice, it was created to suggest to people to sell De Ligt and cause a crash. Presumably so that money would be pumped in to other players or to allow someone to buy De Ligt at a cheaper price."

Seriously... yeah. Let's leave it at that. I mean... bitching about the title of a thread is a whole new level of petty... and that's coming from me... I'm king of the petty post.

• Anyone seeing the title of the thread and deciding to sell without reading it/researching further deserves to lose their money tbh.

@Dan-The-Man clearly you weren't reading properly then

@janner73 said in Dangerous Levels of Hype: Matthijs De Ligt:

@Dan-The-Man clearly you weren't reading properly then

Oh the irony....

Did you not see the word... original?

Score 2 to the king of petty, 0 to janner73

• @Dan-The-Man Guess I better go and get my glasses then before I miss some Maupay pumps on random threads

@Dan-The-Man Guess I better go and get my glasses then before I miss some Maupay pumps on random threads

Yeah... you really don't want to miss them. Absorb the Maupay!

• The irony of this thread is that @Dan-The-Man has made a great opening post, giving reasons and links for his thinking, that is probably one of the best on the forum given the usual 'by xxx he will rocket' crap we have to skim through.
    Yet the ONLY reason I (and many others I am sure) are reading it is because people like @janner73 keep bumping it complaining about it :p

• Some of the responses are downright silly.

I have seen posts trying to promote a panic sell. This clearly isn't that.

I've seen posts where the OP was trying to benefit by getting people to buy his players. This is also very clearly not that.

Even if those were the aims, the numbers needed would make the post futile.

Let's judge the post on the content of what Dan said. And the content is good. It's well argued and makes alot of sense with how we have seen the market behave. It's good relevant information, about an FI holding that is well argued on the FI forum that may well be useful for some traders here. If that's not worthy FI forum material then I don't know what is.

Are we really discussing whether an informed opinion has a place on an opinion based forum?

If you "don't like posts" where a someone has given an opinion on a holding, then maybe you shouldn't be on a forum, or the internet.

If anyone asks for advice on De Ligt then I think its fair to give your advice and reasons.

My problem with this thread is nobody was asking for advice, it was created to suggest to people to sell De Ligt and cause a crash. Presumably so that money would be pumped in to other players or to allow someone to buy De Ligt at a cheaper price.

I don't hold but I honestly think threads like this to cause panic on a player are equally as bad as constant pumps.

Nobody asks for a thread pumping a player but we end up with loads of them. Before this thread descended into a bit of pettiness, it was opened up with facts and some logic to it, rather than meaningless stuff like:

'he will rocket'
    'get on the train now, choo choo'
    'I can see him doubling soon'

I've seen enough threads on here like 'Player X, why the sudden drop?' for it to be obvious that some people don't anticipate why player prices go down. de Ligt is currently at a price where he needs to be a PB machine and/or have some considerable MB appeal.

If de Ligt doesn't come to England then I would expect a drop in price. Just like when Brandt was confirmed as going to Dortmund (not Liverpool).

• @Yellow the content of the logic is well laid out. Maybe my initial post was over-critical and for that I apologise.

This is a forum and I was only expressing my opinion that I did personally find the title of the thread was one aimed at scare-mongering but I guess that's something I'll just have to live with.

• Can't quite believe he is still going up, how & why?
    People are obviously investing in him but what are the reasons exactly???

@Yellow the content of the logic is well laid out. Maybe my initial post was over-critical and for that I apologise.

Fair play.

I did personally find the title of the thread was one aimed at scare-mongering but I guess that's something I'll just have to live with.

I think there's a lot of people on here that jump to similar conclusions and I think it's good practice to try to understand the motives behind any post.

I assure you... I'm never trying to scare people in to selling. I truly don't think I'd benefit from that and it's just not my way but I fully understand that we're all practically strangers so these kind of misunderstandings will happen. Peace.

• @Uncle-G said in Dangerous Levels of Hype: Matthijs De Ligt:

Can't quite believe he is still going up, how & why?
    People are obviously investing in him but what are the reasons exactly???

I suspect it's because they can see he's in a bidding war and with the media madness about to kick in, he's probably going to pick up a bunch of dividends, so could rise even further...

If you look at the 1day/7day graphs though, you can see that it has a slight dip in it... which might be an indication that some people are growing skeptical.

0_1559201920370_Screen Shot 2019-05-30 at 08.38.23.png

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.