Dangerous Levels of Hype: Matthijs De Ligt

• @Dan-The-Man All good and peace too.
    @MrWh1te probably the same people who were buying Hazard after his second goal last night even though we all knew there was a drop coming this week. A totally logical market would make it harder to make money though :)

• @Dan-The-Man i hope for people who hold him's sake he moves to Prem but can't see it, to be fair he has got some MB earnings recently, looking forward to seeing the outcome of this for future knowledge

• @janner73
    Hazard will go up long term and has both history and future on his side. He will make divs wherever he goes.
    Buying Hazard now (especially after his drop) makes perfect sense

• @MrWh1te I think now might be a bit early for Hazard.

After his drop.... he has the potential to be the next Messi but I'd expect a decent drop when the transfer is fully complete.

• @MrWh1te oh I agree - he's a great long-term hold. Buying him at £4.80 last night though when it was obvious he would drop from that price wasn't logical.

• @janner73
    It is only logical after the drop.

• @MrWh1te said in Dangerous Levels of Hype: Matthijs De Ligt:

@janner73
    It is only logical after the drop.

It's arguable that he's not worth buying, until you see who else Madrid put with him. After all, if they sign him and Pogba... and they're both classed as midfield... expectations for his dividend returns will chop in half and his price will reflect that over time.

• @MrWh1te Who gets to take penalties at Madrid will also play a part in price. Does Ramos stay and keep them? if Pogba and Hazard both join which one of them gets pens?
    Ramos rocketed in pre-season last year when he was on penalties so it will be something to watch for in pre-season as will impact price as well.

• That is the gamble.
    I think people forget this is a gambling site.

• If we are going to allow threads pumping players then we have to allow the reverse. I don't see how anyone can complain, if you own de ligt and think he is good value then its the perfect vehicle for anyone to put reasons forward as to why he is a good buy. Like others have said its a forum.

It's an interesting topic. If he moves to Barcelona then he appears heavily over priced long term but we are in the interesting position where he will probably pick up MB, with people seeing that and him rise then he will be an attractive buy. For me, its all about timing, whilst he looks overpriced, you can make money on him if you time it right or you get lucky with him moving to united.

Newer traders might not have seen some of the catastrophic crashes of the past (morata and James being good examples). Although pb negates some of that (when it was just mb then moving to bayern instead of England was terrible), it makes older traders wary.

The fact is that varane is trading at 65p. Nobody knows what will happen but newer traders should be aware of what has happened in the past around transfers so they can determine the level of risk. This forum post is unlikely to cause a crash and whilst he is uncommitted and getting media there should be room for people to exit if they want.

• @janner73 said in Dangerous Levels of Hype: Matthijs De Ligt:

@Yellow the content of the logic is well laid out. Maybe my initial post was over-critical and for that I apologise.

This is a forum and I was only expressing my opinion that I did personally find the title of the thread was one aimed at scare-mongering but I guess that's something I'll just have to live with.

Fair play to you @janner73 for the apology 👍

It's good to get some decent debate on here, rather than just rocket emojis and lazy pumping.

I always think it's useful to get another perspective on your purchases too, we're all guilty of being biased towards certain players.

• Just caught up with this thread. Good debate. Good reasoning. Good apology. I don't mind the title as a few people do need to wake up to the danger here. The fact pretty much no counter arguments were made basically proves your point.

• @LuaLua said in Dangerous Levels of Hype: Matthijs De Ligt:

Just caught up with this thread. Good debate. Good reasoning. Good apology. I don't mind the title as a few people do need to wake up to the danger here. The fact pretty much no counter arguments were made basically proves your point

I think what many people forget... is that point of debate isn't to "win an argument", the point of debate is to make sure we are better informed, so that we can all make smarter decisions.

I'll be the first to tell you, I am not a god, I can't 100% predict the future, nor can know every detail about a player. If you and I debate a players worth, chances are at least one of us will leave smarter.

• your scare mongering just isn't working Dan. de Ligt now shitting on Maguire from lofty heights.

Who else do you think should be avoided - I have money to spend

• @Vespasian32 hahah
    tbf he said a number of times he would win loads of divs
    He also never said he wouldn't rise
    He just said watch out for the drop could be massive which is correct and fair enough.
    Can't have all the new users getting absolutely burnt by transfers. How many threads have we seen recently along the lines of

'WHY HAS (ENTER TRANSFER TARGET HERE) DROPPED'

• @Vespasian32

Learn to read.

"the next few weeks could be promising for De Ligt holders."

"In all likelihood he'll still grow in price"

• @Dan-The-Man said in Dangerous Levels of Hype: Matthijs De Ligt:

Learn to read.

Learn to quote ;p

• @Vespasian32 said in Dangerous Levels of Hype: Matthijs De Ligt:

your scare mongering just isn't working Dan. de Ligt now shitting on Maguire from lofty heights.

Who else do you think should be avoided - I have money to spend

What's with the point scoring.

Honestly, we have seen this a lot. A high profile transfer picks up stacks of media and increases in price during the saga. At any point, there could be a breaking news of De ligt agrees transfer to Barcelona. If that happens, there is a high chance of a serious crash. People seen James and morata lose well over 50 percent of their value in that scenario in a very short period of time so a lot of people are very wary.

Nobody knows what will happen, if he stays at ajax and it lingers for months then he will look a fantastic choice to keep hold of him in all likelihood.

Transfer windows are pretty intense in FI. People can make serious money but can also have pretty desperate losses. I don't want anything to do with this one as I consider the risk massively outweighs reward but if you do then good luck to you and if you get your timing right or he does join man utd it could work out very nicely for you.

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.