Giovanni lo celso

• That moment when you know giovanni lo celso is gonna spike but you have no extra funds to put in so you stay extra quiet and hope doesn t spike too hard 😂😂

• @Noirx4 the question for me is do I flog my shares in him in the hopes he dips back down and I can rebuy? He's a long term hold but seems a decent opportunity to flip and hope he falls

• He ain't falling! Defo £2+ and maybe £3+ by the end of the summer.

• @Agatello no I completely agree. Was more thinking short term i.e. buy back tomorrow if he has a 10p ish crash overnight.

• @Pierrey2129 I think with the stats he's posting he isn't dropping any time soon. He's basically a goal away from dominating PB any time he plays

• @Agatello how's the Icelandic stag do?

• @Noirx4 well the two of you have done enough to convince me! Its not worth the risk for potential 10p gain and I have always held him with the expectation that he would hit £2 by end of season. Appreciate the advice guys! I just hope he has a little crash so I can buy more tbh as i rebalanced my portfolio today and seemed to have neglected him and Sisto!

• @Noirx4 said in Giovanni lo celso:

@Agatello how's the Icelandic stag do?

Quality mate cheers although 3 nights on the lash these days is a killer!!

• How high can/will he go do we think? (as objectively as you can!) ;)

• Objectively at his current price he is a risk as a long term hold. Good PB scores so far but I dont think he is going to start every game which counteracts that.

Will his good form continue so he starts more? Possibly! But with that squad 1 average game or psg defeat and he will likely b the one to make way

Also wont be any transfers to fall back on for 2/3 years because he is already with a euro powerhouse who aint going to let someone of his potential go.

• @NewUser71838 said in Giovanni lo celso:

Objectively at his current price he is a risk as a long term hold. Good PB scores so far but I dont think he is going to start every game which counteracts that.

Will his good form continue so he starts more? Possibly! But with that squad 1 average game or psg defeat and he will likely b the one to make way

Also wont be any transfers to fall back on for 2/3 years because he is already with a euro powerhouse who aint going to let someone of his potential go.

He's their 1st choice anchor right now, started every game recently, not sure why you think he's more likely to lose his place than any of the others. World Cup with Argentina coming up, at his age he's a perfect money-spinning long term hold for me.

• I don't think i've seen this guy play (i've recently moved from Virgin to Sky and it's a bummer now to get BT Sports) but i've just read a few stats to see what all this hype is about.... A young midfielder who's goalscoring record isn't that great (not great for PB)... Playing already for a top team in Europe (not great for MB)... His best comparable Rabiot (only one year older and even more established in this team) is priced at 0.99? So not great for growth either as at 1.79 is he not overpriced???

So what are people thinking??? Is he really 'that' good? Will he be a world beater???

The only way i see him improving in price is if he starts regularly scoring for PSG? or if he's very soon linked with a move to either the EPL, Real Madrid or Barca?? I really don't see him getting any MB with Messi taking it all for Argentina and Neymar dominating that field already for PSG?

Maybe i'm missing something....?

• @Agatello sorry but disagree. At his price 1.79 he doesnt represent value. Look at other PSG mids he is dearer than Verratti, Rabiot, Motta, Draxler and Di Maria! He is even dearer than Cavani. If he was £1 he would represent great value but at his current price, with no MB playing in a team that has loads of competition for PB he doesnt represent good value

• @dannypea not good value at the price he is at. if traders got him cheap then he might represent a good long term hold. But the hype is overboard. I made a decent roi on him by selling on the rise and for me there was more support in selling him than holding

• @NewUser71838 you are looking at the problem in the wrong way. The other day Giovanni was outscoring every midfielder including Angel di maria who had scored two goals in the game. It's not all about goals as midfielder he gets so much PB from other factors a goal just guarantees he will destroy the PB that day

• @Noirx4 said in Giovanni lo celso:

@NewUser71838 you are looking at the problem in the wrong way. The other day Giovanni was outscoring every midfielder including Angel di maria who had scored two goals in the game. It's not all about goals as midfielder he gets so much PB from other factors a goal just guarantees he will destroy the PB that day

Exactly, if he was completely toothless I could understand the argument to a certain degree but when you're in a side like City, PSG, Barca they create that many chances that they score goals all over the park and when he does he'll probably bring home the bacon.

I've seen someone post a valid point that Ozil's average PB is crap BUT he has a Worldie every 5 games so when that happens kaching (don't like Ozil myself but it's a decent example).

It's better to be the best a few times in a 3year period and actually return some winnings than averagely sound all the time and win nothing.

Another point is also that when you're scoring BIG scores without scoring you have a great chance of picking up the smaller Div's when there's not many games being played.

So in a nutshell Lo Celso is certainly not overpriced at £1.70 as the only minor mark against him would be that he's at a pinnacle club already although a move to Barca, Real or the Prem would still appeal to him at some point when he's got bored of being in a 1 team league :-)

• Giovanni, Verratti and Rabiot all get excellent PB when they play; this is due to how PSG plays (lots of passes and keeping the ball most of the time). For me he should not be more expensive than Verratti. A 1.2 valuation would be his more realistic value

• @NewUser70215 said in Giovanni lo celso:

Giovanni, Verratti and Rabiot all get excellent PB when they play; this is due to how PSG plays (lots of passes and keeping the ball most of the time). For me he should not be more expensive than Verratti. A 1.2 valuation would be his more realistic value

If his baseline is better than Verratti's and equally as dangerous in creative terms then I can't agree with that. What I will say is that Verratti is also undervalued, look at the individual player passing stats on whoscored, he's one of the best on there with Jorginho etc.

As time goes on the index which is currently all over the place will sort itself out and these guys will be at the higher end of the midfield spectrum with KDB (a notch up of course), Eriksen, Parejo and Banega.

• Oh just checked, guess who scored in the cup 2 days ago ;-) along with one of the best examples you can find on winning when it matters - Thomas Meunier - that boy scores some serious goals for a fullback. Belgium first choice for the WC and he'll get a big move in the summer ;-)

• Interesting option. Needs to payback 19p/y for 10 years which is easy if he stays anywhere near PSG level. Best thing though is all the relatively easy 4p mid wins he should get on the many days PSG play Friday night

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.