Petition for Assists to be worth 30...

• Happy Champions League final day everyone,

This is my thought process on why Assists should be worth 30 instead of 10. There will be many who disagree and have their own ideas especially as many believe the entirescoring system should be changed.

This is my reasoning on why Assists should definitely be changed for next season, De Bruyne one of the greatest players in the game currently has said himself that he enjoys assisting more than scoring. Creative players who risk losing the ball more will be given the credit they deserve as well as making full backs more valuable, and it may benefit keepers also.

The reason I believe they should be worth 30 and slightly less than goals is all in this video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvOQZbSoPPI
    The pass is ridiculously good and most will say better than the finish, however without the cool finish the pass is worth nothing. The sound is missing from the video but it does emphasise the importance of the finish over the pass.

• @kaka8 or just buy more of the players that are already suited to the PB matrix.

It would become a lottery if everyone had a ‘fair chance’ of winning it.

• Scoring matrix is run by an independent entity being opta, to change things isn't in fis control and if it was I think would cause a lot of doubt on wether they were scoring things correctly and put doubts on wether they could manipulate it in there favour from time to time. Not only that people have set up their ports to suite the way the pb matrix scores now so people would have to rethink who would be more suited to anything new. So although your idea would give a truer reflection of a players performance you cant just up and change things.

• I understand that portfolios are built to capitalise on the current system but with sufficient notice I think you could increase assists to 30, decrease GWG to 20 and introduce successful dribbles into the matrix without causing too much damage to players who are currently suited to PB.

• It will be changed at some point, you need to accept this

• it just needs to be done slowly and delicately without bringing about massive changes all at once

• @kaka8 said in Petition for Assists to be worth 30...:

it just needs to be done slowly and delicately without bringing about massive changes all at once

I think that would be even worse to be honest - the market reacts heavily to the most minor changes and constant small changes over a long period of time would kill off a lot of investment in the platform until users can be re assured that there will be no more.

If you want to play the assist game then playing the IPD market is the way to go - assists ROI has been heavily increased since the Share split 👍

• @Chris-J said in Petition for Assists to be worth 30...:

I think that would be even worse to be honest - the market reacts heavily to the most minor changes and constant small changes over a long period of time would kill off a lot of investment in the platform until users can be re assured that there will be no more.

Shit that is a good point.

I was always of the thought of mind they should change it slowly like literally one point added every coupla months but your right.
    It would thus have to be super duper slow.
    But then it would take ages and take like two years till we got something we could be happy with and thats just frustrating to wait
    and all the data collection sites would be screwed and it would be hard to make any predictions or play with a long term strategy.

I still think it needs to change somehow.

It will be changed at some point, you need to accept this

Okay... Consider me suckered and reel me in 🎣🎣🎣

On what basis do we need to accept this?

• @Lukeroro
    just the amount of talk regarding this and the index is still a baby. We will see where it is in 5-10 years

• This post is deleted!

@Lukeroro
    just the amount of talk regarding this and the index is still a baby. We will see where it is in 5-10 years

Still using Opta. Still using the same matrix. Still no goalkeeper dividend. Still just peachy the way it is, maybe a couple more heads in the customer service department.

• @Lukeroro
    Im happy with the matrix really apart from the assists. If they change the assists it almost certainly won't stop there.
    So its a difficult one.

but assists do need changing

@Lukeroro
    Im happy with the matrix really apart from the assists. If they change the assists it almost certainly won't stop there.
    So its a difficult one.

but assists do need changing

Can you articulate why it needs changing?

• @Lukeroro
    I have a very strong belief that an assist is almost as important as a goal, especially as the player is most probably risking losing possession and points unlike an attempt on goal which isnt counted as a misplaced pass.

Fantasy football scoring system has never had this much debate with their scoring system however money isnt involved.

Ten simple passes can easily be accumulated through one player in the space of 5 minutes when a team decides to waste time which seems absurd to me.

I believe it is in FI interest as I am sure it will benefit them financially if they look into it and it will also feel more fair to people who adore football more than just as a hobby.

• You've said why you like assists and how important they are to football. We're not simply betting on football. The scoring matrix should not and does not need to change.

However, I think adding assists to IPDs is viable. I agree with all your points re assists, I just don't think that they're reasons to change a scoring matrix.

• The scoring matrix could be massively improved by just removing game winning goal. It's worth 40 points but is basically like the 0 on the roulette wheel.

I imagine getting rid of it would take a bit of money out of the top forwards but that wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing.

• @Lukeroro well we are basically betting on football i think you will find. Your argument is poor so I will reply with the Index does need to change the scoring matrix as far as assists are concerned.
    However, I dont really care from an investment point of view
    If it makes the index more money then they should do it whether you agree or not

• @kaka8 we'll agree to disagree.

• ....Just a reminder of my thoughts as the PB is being updated anyway