Daniel James

• @Tom77 ive only seen him in the one game. That was when he played for wales and he looked very good. However other than that ive not heard an awful lot more. That on game has done wonders for him and his career. I havent seen a lot in his swansea career to suggest he can play like that every time but at man utd i do think he will have the support behind to be that player and more.

• @NewUser159387 said in Daniel James:

@DavidMUFC1987 said in Daniel James:

Why would you sell a young player coming to united.

Cos they are currently a shambles with only a couple of decent players in the entire squad & an almost totally untested manager - they have already missed out on top 4/CL so will struggle to attract top talent. The rebuilding job will takes a few years & at least a couple windows to achieve & will be more difficult if it relies solely on raw, young, fresh talent like James (he's only £15m for a reason). Whether OGS has the knowledge & experience to make a success of the renewal remains to be seen & whether the hierarchy will give him the requisite time is another unknown.

James is clearly a talent but totally unproven at this level & would find it hard enough coming to a settled, successful EPL side let alone one in disarray, even a club with such a famous history & successful past record. He may well struggle to settle or get overawed by the scale of the task & being in the top 40 most expensive FI players is hard to justify on all known evidence. He may well be great & prove a total success but a large part of that is already in his price so at current levels he is very high risk hence why ppl are selling - it's the rational thing to do for anyone who's not an ardent MUFC fan.

He’s £15 million because he has 1 year left on his contract. United paid over 50 million for Fred, 200 million for pogba and lukaku. You cannot say because this player was bought for more he’s going too be better than the lesser priced player. Anyway only time will tell, I’ll be watching him tomorrow night for wales and if he has a blinder then I’m glad you’re out 🤣

• @Andy-M said in Daniel James:

@NewUser159387 said in Daniel James:

Cos they are currently a shambles with only a couple of decent players

Well that's the reason United are re building, and that's a reason why James won't just sit on the bench, give OGS a pre season and full season before judging.

You think OGS will last the full season ?
    Can't see him getting to Xmas never mind Easter

• @bernardb said in Daniel James:

@Andy-M said in Daniel James:

Well that's the reason United are re building, and that's a reason why James won't just sit on the bench, give OGS a pre season and full season before judging.

He can’t do much worse than what we’ve had. He’s earned his chance. Yeah ok the end of season was abysmal he gave us something too cheer about. Not had much to cheer about in a while.

• @bernardb said in Daniel James:

@Andy-M said in Daniel James:

Then i guess you try and place a bet tomorrow that he'll be out by Xmas, I myself have absolutely no reason to believe he'll be sacked whatsoever, we need to build a team, not just keep sacking everyone and appointing a new manager that doesn't want the former managers players, that's why the club is failing since Sir Alex Ferguson.

• So Daniel James came 2nd in Mb yesterday, 1st today as deal done in principle and playing for wales later. Deal confirmed even more Mb. Where the Mr know it alls at 👀

• Not sure if this has been said but is fair to say James should reach greenwood price fairly quickly? He’s proved himself more than greenwood...

• @G27 Saying that most footballers in world football have proved themselves more than Greenwood😉

Saying that no reason why James should not reach £3 mark in the next six months.

• @Gazz127
    Totally agree, to me in comparison to other United youngsters he now looks like one of the most undervalued players on the index!

• Got on him on IPO day. Have sold about 50% of my shares in the last couple of weeks and bought myself a holiday. Will hold the rest as think he will still increase in price. £3 seems about right I think.

• Let's all just keep it in check about Daniel James 😁

I keep hearing he is the new Ryan Giggs & I think to myself...

"Ryan Giggs is the most decorated player in English football's entire history - am I hearing this right" 🤔

I hope he is a success as we need a good old fashioned winger with pace but the cynic in me keeps whispering "Nick Powell" 🙄 the rumoured "new Paul Scholes" when joining Manchester United.

That didn't work out too well.

• All good saying he should rise but what happens if he doesn’t hit the ground running will he still rise I don’t think so but fair play to the people who got on him early as it shouldn’t effect them to much

• @DavidMUFC1987 he’s still 6p down from what i sold him for yesterday but yes the deal being dragged out will be good for his price now.

Still happy i sold up at £2.20 though

• I think he reminds me of kanchelskis, direct and f*cking fast. Going to be exciting to watch him I reckon, just what United need.

• I don't think he's likely to displace any of the first team any time soon, will certainly be behind Rashford, Martial, Lingard, Sanchez, Lukaku and Chong if Ole is intending to use him as a forward.

Will watch him on the pre-season tour to see how Ole utilises him. Don't think there's any rush to buy him.

• @WithoutLimit said in Daniel James:

I don't think he's likely to displace any of the first team any time soon, will certainly be behind Rashford, Martial, Lingard, Sanchez, Lukaku and Chong if Ole is intending to use him as a forward.

Will watch him on the pre-season tour to see how Ole utilises him. Don't think there's any rush to buy him.

Lukaku, sanchez gone.
    Chong - loan.
    James should be playing a fair bit I reckon. Martial/James on the left or lingard/James on the right.

• Being a united fan it’s very clear Ole doesn’t fancy martial. Yes he’ll probably start the first game of the season but as soon as Daniel James gets his chance I expect him to take it. He has the ability and talent to succeed at united.

• What just happened?!

• No idea but I just brought another 100 on that drop, there is a lot of Mb to come from him over the next 6 months imo.

• Someone’s sold a lot 🤣 the transfers not even been confirmed yet so still MB to come. Long term hold for me anyway 👌🏼

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.