VAR

• Looks like the MB is coming too, all aboard, next stop Slabsville

• @ChazFI123 he should definitely win a few MB after tonight but wow i can never get over how immensely dull he is. I bet hes an absolute atmosphere hoover in any room he walks into 😴

• Was thinking about the Zouma goal last night, if people think it’s a foul on Dave does that mean it should’ve been a penalty? Cause you can’t foul someone else because you’ve got advantage cause you were fouled? If you could that means you’d have a free license to foul in the middle of the park!

• @ChazFI123 said in VAR:

Was thinking about the Zouma goal last night, if people think it’s a foul on Dave does that mean it should’ve been a penalty? Cause you can’t foul someone else because you’ve got advantage cause you were fouled? If you could that means you’d have a free license to foul in the middle of the park!

The goal was given initially and, if I'm right, can only be overturned if a "clear and obvious error" has taken place.
    I've never seen a VAR outcome reached so quickly where it was overturned!
    The goal should have stood, as players from both teams were guilty of pushes but Fred initiated it.
    So no obvious errors there for me

• @ScouseSte I personally didn't think it was a foul by Fred, even Carragher said the same. Doesn't really matter anyway now, if Williams wasn't there would people have said it should've been a penalty on Dave? I don't think so. I don't think it's the worst decision VAR has given but I'm sure there will be a massive uproar cause it was in a big game

• @ChazFI123 said in VAR:

@ScouseSte I personally didn't think it was a foul by Fred, even Carragher said the same. Doesn't really matter anyway now, if Williams wasn't there would people have said it should've been a penalty on Dave? I don't think so. I don't think it's the worst decision VAR has given but I'm sure there will be a massive uproar cause it was in a big game

The complete shithousery of Anthony Taylor not to check the monitor when Maguire kicked out was the biggest disgrace of the night.
    Referees can now pass the buck. May as well not be on the pitch.

• @ChazFI123 if you dont think fred fouled him then surely you dont think williams was fouled, and if so for what reason? Because he ended up on the floor? It was a domino effect initiated by fred. Azpiliceuta didnt foul williams as he was shoved into him. In that regard you have to then say there was no real foul and the goal should of stood

• @Black-wolf to be honest it doesn't really matter what I think, VAR didn't think it was a foul by Fred, none of the Sky team thought it was a foul by Fred. Goal wasn't given. If it wasn't a decision in favour of United far less people would care about it, I guarantee if that decision had happened at the other end most people would say it was a foul on the Chelsea defender.

• Another shocker from VAR in the Chelsea game. Giovani Lo Celso should've been off for his stamp, went to VAR they said no serious foul play, 20 minutes later said they made a mistake.

Wondering if others think it was a straight red for the stamp or just me?

• @NewUser508282 This wasn't really VAR's fault though was it, wasn't any technology involved. It was the referees looking at it that didn't give the red card.

Human error, nothing wrong with VAR itself in this instance

• One query I heard the other day and didn't hear a satisfactory answer. Now we have VAR looking at every decision can we have retrospective punishment for players?

• @Andy I suppose you are right but wasn't VAR introduced to lower if not stop human error? Watching the replays of the tackle ( which is all VAR is for things like this right? ) it was pretty obvious it was a red. Giovani Lo Celso also kicked out earlier in the game and VAR didn't look at it.

• @NewUser508282 VAR did it’s job. It provided the officials with replays of the incident. Ref’s fault a red card wasn’t awarded, they were the ones incompetent not VAR

• Cant stand VAR. Shocking decisions every single week. Just look at the Burnley game.. shocking! Whichever way you put it VAR does nothing but add to the controversy let alone all other negative impact it has. Can't stand it and hope it goes away soon

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.