Ronaldo price/dividend returns in 3 year predictions?

• He's got the Juventus contract until 2022 so that's the earliest he could retire (possibly after the world cup), in my opinion he'll play on a bit longer. He's said a few times he think he can play until 40, of course his price at the end of the 3 years will depend on if he keeps playing. He's second only to Pogba for all time combined dividends returned, second on the MB and 4th on PB leader boards, he'll surely keep returning plenty of dividends until he calls it a day.

I've not crunched the numbers too much for my prediction but I have looked on footyindexscout for guidance, I don't know how long they've been keeping data but they say he's got 89 first place media wins (with plenty of seconds and thirds) and 11 top forwards wins. In today's dividend payouts (per 300 shares) that would equal £534 returns for 1st place media returns alone and don't doesn't even consider triple days and 2/3rd place finishes, let's say his 11 PB wins come to £150 as I don't know if they were treble PB days or not. The combined total comes to £684, as I said I don't know how many years the wins have been recorded for and I've only counted 1st place media wins so the actual total is really quite a lot more than £684 (really hope I've calculated these numbers about right and don't look a fool).

As most people buy in 300's lets do the prediction for 300 shares which as of right now would cost £882 (£2.94), I think he'll return about £800 in dividends and be worth £450 (£1.50) in 3 years, dividends will very likely increase in the 3 years helping his returns and hopefully the index keeps growing in users which would add to his value.

In summary I think he's a good investment, what do you predict?

• Personally I would wait until after nations league for his price to settle as he is currently on the risers list and is flying , I think there will be a lot better times to buy 300 shares in the next month if you are looking at a 3 year hold

• @jay I bought back at around his lowest last month thankfully, his price might drop but then again it could keep rising with the renewed confidence in him.

• @Nally

I like you're thinking and I don't think age will kill his performance. Ronaldo is at the front of all the medical advancements and training, he might play well in to his 40's.

Thing is... that rape case is massive and could take him down.

Federal court has a lot more power than state courts. Before hand, he could just outright ignore the matter and never go to that state, now he could be forced to play this out and because it's a criminal case, rather than a civil case, paying his way out of it, might not be an easy option.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/jun/05/cristiano-ronaldo-rape-allegation-state-lawsuit-dropped

• @Dan-The-Man That's pretty damn worrying to be honest, I'd personally steer clear, today's news of the case being dropped was obviously not as FI friendly as people first thought, his price rose a hell of a lot because of this, this imo makes his price very vulnerable now, was wondering if I'd missed a trick earlier, but now I'm happy I steered clear.

• Come on let's not turn this in to another rape case thread, he's unlikely to go to jail. Assuming the case goes away, what are your predictions?

• @Nally said in Ronaldo price/dividend returns in 3 year predictions?:

Come on let's not turn this in to another rape case thread, he's unlikely to go to jail. Assuming the case goes away, what are your predictions?

Trouble is, that's a big assumption. You can't talk about Ronaldo's value, without talking about rape.

• what ever happens with his legal problem it gonna take a while to take it to court so imo he's a good MB in media madness as can take 5th and above and with nations league final to play he gonna be in the press for days if not weeks flip side look for the positive in every situation!!!!

• but priced to high atm for me to buy as he will drop again

• @Dan-The-Man said in Ronaldo price/dividend returns in 3 year predictions?:

@Nally said in Ronaldo price/dividend returns in 3 year predictions?:

Come on let's not turn this in to another rape case thread, he's unlikely to go to jail. Assuming the case goes away, what are your predictions?

Trouble is, that's a big assumption. You can't talk about Ronaldo's value, without talking about rape.

I think the rape case was dropped yesterday.

• @Conor-OB

It wasn't mate, they escalated it from 'state court' to 'federal court', because he can't ignore federal court.

• He has over 1000 media points today and is also playing tonight! Guaranteed MB surely, and only £3.05, and I'm on time out so can do nothing but watch ARGHHH!!!

I just can't catch a break on FI lately!

• @ScouseSte the last few days I've really toyed with doing a time out as I'm becoming a bit pissed off with it all generally but this is the reason why I havent done it.

Do you hold him and want to top up or are u not on him at all?

• @ScouseSte or you could just buy that haaland guy for around the same price. Its beyond me how cheap Ronaldo is!

• About 2 months ago I bought 50 Ronaldo at £2.85, total cost of £142.50. As of last night he's returned £6.60 in dividends and worth £3.05 a share, total sale price £152.50.

So in 2 months I'm about 12% up and he's yet to kick a ball in the champions League. In terms of a 3 year bet I've got minimal concerns based on;

• He's certainly targeting the 2022 world cup, he shows no signs of aging.
    • The index will grow (if it doesn't we're all wasting are time) and so will player prices.

• @Dan-w you seem to be forgetting that he is absolutely guaranteed 1 more IPD eligible game away to liverpool within the 30 day period, screams value to me 😂😂

• I bought 50 at a price of £2.98.

I can see him earning 80p-£1 dividend per share this season, given Juventus have a decent run in the Champions League. I can then see him increasing slightly heading into the Euros being priced at the higher end of £3 which is when I'll look at the returns and assess whether to sell or hold for a bit long.

Here's to hoping! 33% dividend yield over a season would be very very nice

• @MickTurbo I sold off all my "IPD flips" on Sunday as I'm giving up on that aspect of FI, it's not for me. I put half of the money into topping up Hazard but I couldn't remember who the other target was.
    It was Ronaldo. Ah well, hopefully he won't rise too much, I still want in when my timeout expires

• @ScouseSte gotta be honest, I’ve contemplated the time out as at present it’s a little frustrating seeing traders with £500 free to play with to see how the index works having effects on my players that I’ve got real cash invested into, just because they had an average game & didn’t win PB but, you’re Ronaldo dilemma is why I won’t time out, I topped up on Ronaldo earlier if it makes u feel any better 😁

• @Uncle-G I agree but the falls weve seen havent only come from this, ppl who've held the players were feeling it on must be selling up or listing to make these falls happen.

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.