Hazard - £88m

• Sky Sports and other outlets are reporting that a fee of £88m has been agreed with Real Madrid.

He already had a mad drop a week or so, after his post-final comments and early reports that the move was confirmed.

Do you expect a further drop when the move is officially confirmed, which should be today?

I'm not sure whether to hold or sell. I'm currently around 45p down per share.

• @Conor-OB

Sold him at 480 a few weeks ago & wouldn't buy back above £4 . Think he's got some potential PB wins if he settles & fits into the team but let's see.

I had held him from pre season @235 so banked a good profit + all the dividends on top.

• I personally think he will RISE now.

He's already had his transfer dip as people sold up over the past few weeks.

• @ScouseSte said in Hazard - £88m:

I personally think he will RISE now.
    He's already had his transfer dip as people sold up over the past few weeks.

Why do that when you can wait a couple of months & buy at or below the current level? How much MB will he generate between now & August?

• @ScouseSte

Personally think he will go down unfortunately.. just the FI works.. . But will rise at beginning of season ..

• He will drop initially, as that's probably the end of his summer MB, but the moves been on the cards for months so holders will expect this - possibly between 40p-75p.

£4.51 at time of writing.

Wonder where the money will go? 🤔

• @Ericali said in Hazard - £88m:

He will drop initially, as that's probably the end of his summer MB, but the moves been on the cards for months so holders will expect this - possibly between 40p-75p.

£4.51 at time of writing.

Wonder where the money will go? 🤔

Everybody knew he was going to Madrid for weeks. He was over £5 before the potential move was announced. You're telling me he's going to drop over 20% (from £5 to £4) by moving to Madrid? One of the best teams in the world where he'll be one of the main men??

As I said before and in other threads, Hazard is undervalued. And I think holders realise that. His price shouldn't go anywhere near £4.

People EXPECT a players price to crash once a transfer is confirmed. This is the baffling pattern on FI ... USUALLY.
    However, look at Jovic. Absolutely remained stable since he was confirmed as signing for Madrid.
    It makes no sense to sell, if a player is top quality and at a justifiably reasonable price.
    Just like Hazard.

• Oh and the more people that say "Hazard will drop now"?

This is just a milder form of scaremongering, the more that say it the more newbies and sheep panic.

Instead, if more people such as myself point out the POSITIVES in the move (again done in another thread) then there's no reason for Hazard to drop a single penny

• @ScouseSte it's not scaremongering - it's the other side of the coin to what holders are preaching. The truth could lie somewhere in the middle. I've personally held Hazard twice so not discrediting him as a player.

But yes, I reckon he could now hover around the £4 mark.

People who were still holding were probably hoping for a long drawn out saga that dragged on until August & returned MB over the summer.

That now, doesn't seem probable.

• @Ericali said in Hazard - £88m:

@ScouseSte it's not scaremongering - it's the other side of the coin to what holders are preaching. The truth could lie somewhere in the middle. I've personally held Hazard twice so not discrediting him as a player.

But yes, I reckon he could now hover around the £4 mark.

People who were still holding were probably hoping for a long drawn out saga that dragged on until August & returned MB over the summer.

That now, doesn't seem probable.

I have to disagree. People who are holding are now likely to be those "long-term investor" types, of which I class myself as.
    He's already lost over 60p in value since the Madrid move was pretty certain.
    How can he lose another 50p

Your estimation of £4 is (perhaps unintentionally) scaremongering

This is just a milder form of scaremongering,

In which case why don't you provide the positive reasons to buy or even hold him?? Just stating "I personally think he will RISE now" won't just make it happen.

Why would we bother scaremongering, the facts are he has more than doubled in price over the season & the move to Madrid was factored into his price, as well as the general over inflation of the top 100/200 since pre SS. Now is the time for profit taking & price consolidation. There's a good argument to be made for long term holders to ride out any dip as he may well become a regular PB winner at Madrid but I personally think he will fall back to around £4 over what will now be a quiet Summer for him., at which point I may look to buy back in

• @NewUser159387 said in Hazard - £88m:

@ScouseSte said in Hazard - £88m:

This is just a milder form of scaremongering,

In which case why don't you provide the positive reasons to buy or even hold him?? Just stating "I personally think he will RISE now" won't just make it happen.

Why would we bother scaremongering, the facts are he has more than doubled in price over the season & the move to Madrid was factored into his price, as well as the general over inflation of the top 100/200 since pre SS. Now is the time for profit taking & price consolidation. There's a good argument to be made for long term holders to ride out any dip as he may well become a regular PB winner at Madrid but I personally think he will fall back to around £4 over what will now be a quiet Summer for him., at which point I may look to buy back in

I've mentioned the many reasons to hold / buy in another thread

• This post is deleted!

• @ScouseSte totally agree. Im not worried about his price hes worth more at madrid than he was at chelsea as hes more likely to win PB. People say his price will drop because he gets more media playing in England but in the 9 months ive been on here ive only ever seen him win MB based on transfer speculation to Madrid.

So i think he will attract more Media at Madrid because of his performance on the pitch than he ever did at Chelsea. Plus add in his improved chances of PB in reality his price should go up

Oh and the more people that say "Hazard will drop now"?

This is just a milder form of scaremongering, the more that say it the more newbies and sheep panic.

Instead, if more people such as myself point out the POSITIVES in the move (again done in another thread) then there's no reason for Hazard to drop a single penny

This is a thread discussing what will happen to his price. Are people who think he will drop not allowed to post? Bit of a silly thread if so. Maybe the question should be do people who think hazard will rise think hazard will rise ?

• @Black-wolf said in Hazard - £88m:

@ScouseSte totally agree. Im not worried about his price hes worth more at madrid than he was at chelsea as hes more likely to win PB. People say his price will drop because he gets more media playing in England but in the 9 months ive been on here ive only ever seen him win MB based on transfer speculation to Madrid.

So i think he will attract more Media at Madrid because of his performance on the pitch than he ever did at Chelsea. Plus add in his improved chances of PB in reality his price should go up

Agree mate.

All these people saying Hazard will be £4. Absolutely plucking a figure from the sky!

It's as if what they are advocating is "OK any player who has transferred now is worthless over summer so sell up!" WHY?? Is investing on FI a part time affair that's only valid between mid- August and May?

The mentality around transfers and price rises/falls has always baffled/annoyed me. There is literally no logic to many of them.

Hazard will be fine.

• @NewUser159387 its funny though because everyone keeps saying he will drop but agree he is likely a better hold to have now hes at Madrid and say ill top up when he drops right down. But if everyone agrees hhes a good hold for the future then why instant sell him now. Surely if everyone thinks hes a good hold for the future then the smart investor gets in early before everyone else. In which case his price will go up not down

• @ScouseSte ive made money on these tranfer drops in the past and today with Daniel James they always happen but i think when it comes to the superstar class of players involving the biggest teams then this drop is unlikely to materialise.
    The transfer drops should only happen when it involves a player who is not as high profile and the transfer is his moment in the limelight

• @Black-wolf

He'll win very little before August once the transfer is confirmed & may need a period to settle - new country, league, teammates, playing style, language, house, lifestyle etc. It's a big move & about far more than just footballing ability which I agree may well be enhanced at Madrid after a settling in period. I've already stated I bought at 235 & sold at 480 on the way upto his peak. I also had a season worth of dividends so was more than satisfied with my return on him & if his price just goes up & up & up from here as some seem to believe I will have got it wrong but it will be my mistake & I am happy with my strategy. I do plan to rebuy after I see how he starts next season & where he plays & his PB returns even if that means missing the start of his price rise. He's a great footballer & will be a valuable FI asset going forward but a period of price consolidation & even slight fall is overdue IMHO.

• @NewUser159387 i think his media may continue through the summer its the big transfer everyones been talking about for months it may stay in the media well after its a done deal

Anyway Good luck to you man im holding steady on this one