Thoughts post nations league semi final defeat (defence)

• John stones has been making these mistakes for years, although hes young hes genuinely running out of time before his place imo is under threat. Fear not Rob Holding is waiting and watching him pre injury at the start of last season. I think hes ready made to put Stones on the bench for Euro 2020, he was outstanding before he fucked his knee last year. As a gooner im very excited to see him next year fingers crossed injury free

• I seem to be in a minority against the world cup hype- but i thought we were shit in the world cup and scraped results via set pieces...again last night we got a penalty and then created very little. I like Southgate, but everyone is carried away with getting to a semi...Look at Kane's golden boot moments lol, absolutely dirty lucky.

• @Westy

Did you watch the matches vs Spain (away), Croatia (home), Czech Republic (home) and Montenegro (away)?

It's a bit of a stretch to say that a team is lucky, when they're battering weaker teams 5-0, 5-1, 6-1 and beating stronger sides too. Plus set pieces are part of football - even Holland scored from one last night!

• For the future Godfrey, Tuanzebe and i also think mings can improve this season. Mee and Keane also knocking about but not convinced there an upgrade. Would like to see Holding have a great season and make his case.

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.