U21 European Championships

• Simple rules here guys - I could personally name 2 or 3 players, but give me the name of the one player you expect to light up these championships, then a bit of background on the player & why you expect him to perform. I'll start:-

Mikel Oyarzabel - Spain
    Age - 22
    Club - Real Sociedad
    Current Price - £1.13

Already capped for Spain & included in their latest senior squad for the games against Faroe Islands (tonight) & Sweden by current manager Luis Enrique, he will join up with the U21 squad next Tuesday for the upcoming U21 tournament.

37 appearances this season for a Real Sociedad side that finished mid-table, (9th) he scored 13 goals from LW. Proving he's no flash in the pan, he has previously played 157 La Liga games & scored 41 goals.

Highly touted in Spain, he has had links to Real Madrid, Juventus & Spurs in the past - it only seems a matter of time before this big fish in a small pond is given a break-out chance. 👍

• @Ericali

France - Houessem Aoaur
    Age - 20 Years old
    Club -Lyon
    Current Price - £1.67

Midfielder for Lyon. Tipped for big things and rated by Guardiola. Think it may be where he steps it up big time.

Apologies it's not as detailed as your post.

• Solanke 74p
    Needs to have a good one, probably has a point to prove

• @Wb can you edit & stick the latest price on their for us?

Just as a point of reference to look back on. 👍

• @Tom77 said in U21 European Championships:

Solanke 74p
    Needs to have a good one, probably has a point to prove

I concur

• Mikel Oyarzabel with his first senior goal tonight for Spain in a 3-0 win against Sweden.

This boy is going to be big news at the u21 championships - he will be primed for a transfer sooner, rather than later.💰

• @Ericali yep, great goal too. Expecting big things in the euros from him

• @matt4567 said in U21 European Championships:

@Ericali yep, great goal too. Expecting big things in the euros from him

He took it really well, a nice curling shot. He is bound to be the creative hub of this U21 Spanish side.

A last tournament hurrah for him before being promoted permanently to the full side.

Much like many view this as the last U21 tournament for Foden or Maddison in relation to the England boys.

• It’s an obvious choice but if I had to pick 1 it would prob be Maddison. (£2.72)

I’m looking for players I want to keep after, not just for the Euros. He’s already proven he has a great game for PB at Leicester, while there will always be transfer rumours for a move to bigger clubs. So he’s already a div earner with further steps to go to increase his value - full England cap, big money move etc.

I have a lot of players from other countries but I think we’ll see a big rise if anyone from England does anything slightly good!

• Hopefully Morgan Gibbs white can have an impact and push for place in wolves starting 11, his price will fly when he starts playing more often

• @NewUser292125
    Yes agree he’s a good option. Should get more chances with wolves in Europa league now. And he’s the kind of hype player who comes on and gets on MOTD with a bit of skill to see a price rocket. I hold him too.

• In complete contrast to the senior team our midfield is insane. Maddison, Foden, Mount, Gibbs-White, Dowell and Choudhury are competing for 3 places or even 2 if we want to play two strikers

• And similar to the senior team its going to be the weak centre back options that may let us down

• My pick is..
    Dawid kownacki
    Poland
    69p
    Captain with an unbelievable international scoring record.
    Form started to pick up at the end of last season.
    His strike colleague has an injury so even more pressure to deliver!

@Ericali i agree that oyarzabel is also good value!

• Between 2 for me but as @Ericali has already gone for Oyarzabal I'll go for:

Nicolo Barella - Italy
    Club - Cagliari (for now)
    Current Price - £1.05

Has already played several times for the senior team with 2 goals already at that level. Suspect he will be on the bench for the senior team tonight having played and scored on Friday with the U21s starting soon.

Had EPL interest in the January window and was close to signing for Chelsea, but now appears set for a move to Inter Milan where he will establish himself alongside Brozovic with Champions League football, and cement his place in the full squad ahead of Euro 2020. He's going to the very top and will be a fixture in the Italian midfield for years to come.

• @Dan-w Kownacki is also someone I was looking at last week - I came very close to investing, but was put off by their tough group, although he remains on the radar 💰

@janner73 Barella looks a player & like you say has had PL links in the past. Unfortunately, it does look like he is primed for Inter. I have no doubt he will make the step up to the full side although I'm a little worried that he's more of a efficient player rather than someone who will grab the headlines - which would personally stop me from investing.

• @Ericali Has that slight downside that most of the top Italian players never seem to leave Italy so will probably spend his whole career in Italy but I think he will become a very good PB player at Inter so still has another 50% or rise in him - his goalscoring record at Cagliari last season was poor but 2 in 6 for Italy suggests it will improve with better players around him at Inter. Still think he has at least a 50% rise in him although Oyarabal will easily pass £2 next season.

• @Ericali
    @Dan-w

I’ve gone for kownacki as well in spite of tough group as

• great goalscoring record as stated and think goal scorers will rise (rationally or not!) like in the U20 WC

• good form end of year leading into Pb opportunities this season

• look at his graph and unlike others he hasn’t risen at all over the last month. In fact his price has gone down.

• @Indexical He's having a few injury concerns running up to the tournament, he may miss the first game but should still feature in the rest of the matches.

• @Ericali I got on kownacki 24th Feb. For 39p equivalent in anticipation of a 3 year hold and topped up. Only got 125 in him at 41p average as I've been using my divs to top all my long holds up gradually.
    I did the same with oyarzabal at the same time but stupidly sold up on him with a view to rebuy but haven't yet as I felt I missed out after he had a rise after a couple of goals 🤦🏻‍♂️

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.