U21 European Championships

• @Indexical @Sacred I saw he got injured in training and was waiting for results but seen nothing since so assumed he was all ok?

• Anyone think the eligibility rules are a bit pointless? I was just looking through the squads and half of the spain and italy squads are made up of 23 year olds just because they were u21 age in the qualifiers. I knew 22 year olds were usually eligible bit 23 is really taking the piss

• Ive went for florinel coman (47p)
    21 yr old romanian winger

Plays for FCSB where he is a first team regular and scored 11 league goals and 1 europa league goal. Im hoping he shines at the tournament and picks up some transfer spec ive seen rumours of Chelsea looking at him in the past but not much else so far but low risk at 47p romania also in englands group🤞🏻

• Jonathan Bamba - France
    Age - 23
    Club - Lille
    Current Price - £1.04

Consistent attacking returns since breaking into Ligue 1.
    7 goals, 8 assists with St Ettiene 2017-18 season.
    13 goals, 3 assists with Lille 2018-19 season.

With Nicolas Pépés almost definite depature from Lille this lad has the talent and is expected to become their new main man. I expect him to shine in this tournament too - he’s surrounded by quality in that French u21 squad (arguably better quality than his Lille team-mates) and I expect them to atleast reach the final.

A good season next term and I see him being on the radar of the big boys. With all that in mind, plus market growth, I see his price raising to nearer the £2 mark towards the back end of next season, even if it doesn’t spike significantly during the tournament.

• My holdings that will be taking part in the U21 Euros are Gibbs-White, Maddison, Barnes, Skov, Cutrone, Orsolini, Oyarzabal and Bamba.

However, the one I want to highlight ala Ericali is Nicolo Zaniolo. Wasn't listed in the Italian U21 preliminary squad but has been named in their squad for the tournament.

Nicolo Zaniolo - Italy
    Age - 19
    Club - Roma
    Current Price - £1.58

2018/19 season for Roma he started 20 games and came off the bench a further 7 times in Serie A, with 4 goals and 2 assists. He also started 4 of Roma's Champions League games and came off the bench 3 more times, scoring 2 goals.

He has also already represented the Italian senior side twice.

Beyond the Euros, Roma didn't make the Champions League places in Serie A this season, but managed a 6th placed finish - meaning Europa League football for 2019/20.

He has also been linked with Spurs on more than one occasion.

• @LukeD said in U21 European Championships:

Jonathan Bamba - France
    Age - 23
    Club - Lille
    Current Price - £1.04

Consistent attacking returns since breaking into Ligue 1.
    7 goals, 8 assists with St Ettiene 2017-18 season.
    13 goals, 3 assists with Lille 2018-19 season.

With Nicolas Pépés almost definite depature from Lyon this lad has the talent and is expected to become their new main man. I expect him to shine in this tournament too - he’s surrounded by quality in that French u21 squad (arguably better quality than his Lille team-mates) and I expect them to atleast reach the final.

A good season next term and I see him being on the radar of the big boys. With all that in mind, plus market growth, I see his price raising to nearer the £2 mark towards the back end of next season, even if it doesn’t spike significantly during the tournament.

I rate Bamba also - it wouldn't surprise me if he was off this summer as & I've read Lille are looking to off-load upto 5 players this window.

He should get game time tonight as France U21 play their final warm up game.

I really feel someone is going to come out this tournament 75p-£1 dearer than they went in.

• @LukeD It was a toss up for me between him and Ikone. I went for Ikone in the end and am a 25% up.
    Debating selling Ikone and buying into Bamba instead!

• Just been reading this article https://www.90min.com/posts/6387739-8-players-to-watch-out-for-at-the-2019-euro-under-21-championship

Probably won’t tell you much you don’t already know but got me looking at Dani Ceballos for Spain and Real Madrid. Apparently he was player of the tournament in 2017 so hopefully he will have another good one this time. Been reading about him and it sounds like West Ham are sniffing about him (not sure if that’s good news or not!). 88p he is.

• here's one from outside the box.....Rafa Mir

owned by Wolves but loaned to Spain B div last season. Only 21 and has scored 5 in 4 games for Spain U21s in the campaign. Issue is, will they play just Mayoral up top.....and there's some kid called Olmo in the squad too, yet to start a game.

Mir is a mighty 46p

i'm hoping with Euro football that he stays at Wolves next season. A good tournament wont hurt his ambitions. Rumours were Real Madrid had bid for him before he went to Wolves in 2018.

• Suat Serdar CM -plays for schalke and Germany u21 who I expect to have a good tournament, at 32p he can only really go up in price surely, and I think he will

• @Jad1982 yet to play in any of their U21 qualifiers though so well behind the rest of their midfield
    EDIT
    Ignore that - I took that info from the Eufa U21 tourney site ffs.
    He score 2 v ROI last summer, inc a penalty.

• Moise Kean … will be top goal scorer … simples.

• The forgotten man...

Patrick Cutrone - Italy
    Age - 21
    Club - AC Milan
    Current Price - 80p

He's probably going out on loan or moved on from AC Milan. Must have thought someone shat in his cereal when Piatek turned up.

• The three Leicester boys; hamza choudhury, Barnes and obviously Maddison (but more expensive) will all rise in the tournament. Think hamza is going to be a top centre mid for England moving forward. If winks is £1.10+, he should be that in the next season at least.

• Looks like the love is finally starting to come for Germany’s Levin Oztunali at 34p.

Still half the price of the bloke on their other wing (Nadiem Amiri)...

• @Munchie63 - I can't see Rafa Mir make it at Wolves, he was very disappointing when he turned up in the Championship after much hype. If you look at his stats last season he started off really well in Spain but then didn't score for 20 odd games.

He might end up making it, but I just don't see him stepping up at Wolves now.

• With VAR having an impact in Nations League and Womens World Cup I can see a few penaltes being awarded in the U21 tournament.

Looked at the qualifiers and if a penalty was awarded who took it. (NB These stats are for penalties scored....I've no idea if/how many were missed).

Top of the list:

Kownacki of Poland.
    Refs loved Poland during qualifying. 6 penalties awarded which Kownacki tucked away to finish on 10 goals. Described by his old Lech coach as very special, and by many as the new Lewandowski.

Oyarzabal - Spain
    known to many on FI he scored 2 in qualifying.

France - played friendlies as hosts. 2 penalty's. Taken and scored by M Dembele and Augustin.

Italy - 2 awarded - scored by Bonnazoni and Mois Kean

Germany had 3 awarded. All taken by different players. Its a guess who will step up.

Belgium - 2 Pens both scored by Dimata

Denmark / Croatia - couldnt see any awarded.

England - 2 scored by Calvert-Lewin

Austria - 1 scored by Kvasina

Serbia - 2 pens - scored by Saponjic and Jovic.

I think Jovic is already hyped up after his transfer and Kean already high.

For me, Dawid Kownacki has the best value. He has 15 in 20 games. Plays for FC Dusseldorf on loan from Sampdoria.
    The Bundes team have the option to buy, with Sampdoria inserting a buy-back clause in the deal.

At 22 years old and 74p he seems a good investment.

• @Wolvesfan1980 thanks mate. Good to get 'eyes on' info from someone who's seen him.

My hope is at 46p, if he has a good tournament (and he was scoring in qualifiers) then if he doesnt stay at Wolves (with the extra Euro games) then he may get a move to Spain's top flight.

• @Munchie63 No problem, he reminded me of a young Sam Vokes, tall, not very quick but decent in the air. Nuno gave him a run in January and then he pretty much disappeared, but he could have had issues settling mid-season.

Worth keeping an eye on as like you say Real Madrid were interested at one point.

• I was going to initially shout Barella (bit late to the party) but will go instead for a player i've fell in love with in recent times (man crush) and one who's an absolute baller that nobody has mentioned so far...

Pablo Fornals - Spain
    Age 23
    Club - Villarreal
    Current Price - 0.91

Great vision, wonderful on the ball, intelligent, skillful, easy on the eye and linked with West Ham which 'IF' he moves to England and does well (in a way similar to that of Dimitri Payet did) I can only see his FI price grow!!!

Could be the star of the tournament for me although that would be depending on who wins it... I do also like Nadiem Amiri of Germany, Moussa Dembele of France and of course our very own Phil Foden who could easily become the best player on show?

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.