What do you guys do in terms of injuries?

• I held quite a lot of shares in Reece James and sadly last night he got badly injured and his price dropped from £1.31 to £1.08. do you guys hold or are you more likely to sell?

• I top up. Players tend to dip then rise again, often higher than they were before injury.

• If it’s an established player I would hold as generally their prices start to recover pretty quick and you have a guaranteed spike as they return to the first team.

Never had it happen with a player as young as Reece James - not sure on the injury length but if it’s anything to do with his ligaments I’d be very tempted by that 3p spread.

• @NewUser284509 they tend to nose dive as they become over sold, then slowly climb again. Kane and CHO are recent examples I have done quite well from. If you miss the sell off and can’t get out in time, top up once it’s clear it’s not career threatening

• The most recent example I remember was CHO. Dropped like a brick, investors instant selling. A couple of days and he was flying back up again.
    The time to sell was the moment the injury happened, then potentially buy back at the lowest point of the drop.
    If you rate him, hold him and potentially buy more whilst he's so low.

• Selling players when they are injured is a terrible move. Your selling a player at a loss, probably their even when it's obvious they will rise again soon.

If your fast enough to get out before the drop then top up when they bottom out I can understand. Otherwise it's a losing strategy.

Buy low. Sell high. Not the other way round.

• @NewUser303261 said in What do you guys do in terms of injuries?:

Selling players when they are injured is a terrible move. Your selling a player at a loss, probably their even when it's obvious they will rise again soon.

If your fast enough to get out before the drop then top up when they bottom out I can understand. Otherwise it's a losing strategy.

Buy low. Sell high. Not the other way round.

This ..

Its just not a good time to sell a player. You might mark them on the portfolio as 'want to get rid' if worried about long term consequences but wait for a decent exit point.

• Rest
    Ice
    Compression
    Elevation

Oh. Wrong forum.

• Cheers guys

• Turns out he is okay, one month lay off

• Only sprained his ankle 🙌🏽

• Great information guys. You were spot on as usual

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.