Port Strategy

• @MickTurbo Just hold a specific monatory value of each player - I have 165 players in my portfolio with a £200 initial investment in each. It's easier than trying to balance futures considering the different future values.

• @MickTurbo My target is to try and eventually have 200 futures in the Top 200 players and 500 shares in the Squad players. This will take a long time as I have 62 players in my port! This number will be whittled down, if I don't want to bump them up to 200/500 I will sell when the time is right and reinvest in my other players.

I started 1st of April, 11.5K deposited, 13.4K port and putting in another 2K before end of month. After this I am planning to deposit £300 to £500 a month until I have deposited 25K. Then stop depositing and reinvest all dividends for a year or so, then slowly withdraw cash until eventually I am only playing with winnings. That's the plan anyway!

• @Martyn-B A dream scenario for 90% of people I would have thought.

• @Gazz127 Very true! I came into FI looking for investments better than my 1.4% ISA or very boring premium bonds. Not much of a gambler. Loving it so far.

• Good responses fellas. Thanks. To pick up on what @Martyn-B said, at the minute I'm kind of doing something similar but targeting 300/150. Although there are a couple at the bottom end of the top 200 that I have 300 in but they've cap apped their way to the top 200 since I bought.

I'm at a lower level of investment though, I've put in about £3300 since joining in Feb and am sitting at £4240 ish. Like you I will be making monthly deposits but it will vary from month to month, probably never less than £300, some months considerably more.

Every penny between now and the euros will be going into my higher end players who I have only started with this week and most of whom are at a single share. Although I've already got 150 of dembele havertz and ziyech and then the very last thing I did after buying my single shares was press buy max on rashford which gave me 39.

@Wiillaah I couldn't bare the random numbers 😂😂

• @MickTurbo Thanks Mick. I went quite big on the MB players for Media Madness, which is also where my biggest losses are but they will come good by the Euros. Next season mostly topping up PB squad players and hopefully picking up bonus IPD's.

• @Advinculas-Index that port has BALLS 👍

• @Wiillaah said in Port Strategy:

@MickTurbo Just hold a specific monatory value of each player - I have 165 players in my portfolio with a £200 initial investment in each. It's easier than trying to balance futures considering the different future values.

This ...

I have a max value of £500 in a player. Once they go above that then I'll look to sell. Have a token interest in the likes of Neymar (50 futures).

• With the way prices have gone up maginalising dividends, I'm generally playing the CA game in advance of the trends.

I actually cleared my entire portfolio in Bonus 1 and bought a new one in the current Bonus window targeting PB players that had dropped and would rise before new season (Thiago, Kimmich and co). As well as giving me a portfolio I wanted at the right time, it also gave me a free run at the bonus without depositing any money. During media madness had to try and avoid FOMO with the likes of De Ligt and Pogba and co and accept I wouldn't win much media wise bar a few Neymar futures.

Looking at my portfolio, everyone who fit into the strategy has risen significantly. My only fallers are the players I bought who weren't in that strategy (Sterling, Neymar, Sancho). Kind of annoyed with myself I didn't with my gut and go all in on the PB players.

• @mike778 that's always been my approach, not chasing the divs and chasing the cap app instead but it would be nice to regularly wake up to free money so now that I've got a reasonable sized port I've decided now the time. I horsed 2k in at the start of bonus 3 and loaded up on players with the banega style 1 year graphs. I've since flipped them having made really good profit on all of them, even though I know there was undoubtedly more growth in them but I've took the profits and started reinvesting in the higher end because I expect big rises between now and the end of the month and then again nearer to the new season and didnt want yo be priced out of the market. Loading up on MB returnees whilst keeping the younger PB players like pulgar etc, and will again buy into the banegas come about November when they are back at mors or less their bottom prices

• My personal strategy is going for 4/5 players and probs 50-75 shares in each. Not investing thousands, only few hundreds for me.

• @mike778 pleased to hear I'm not the only one who did this. After being on only a couple of months and receiving my bonus I sold my entire port. I was happy with the profit and worried I was pushing my luck having only experienced the market for a short period of time. Once they announced bonus part 3 I put all the money back in and then doubled it. My strategy is to stay for the long term I'm sick of moving my savings around for a pathetic return of 1.5% if I jump on the right account.

• @mike778 Quite similar to me so, I've tweaked my own strategy alot over the past few months but I've settled on buying £200 worth of each of the 165 players I fancied (Mostly under 50p). I'm gradually selling futures in them when their value rises above £300 (50% profit is good enough) As alot of these players are sitting around that £300 value I have continual resources to invest in "the next big thing". - I like it mostly for this aspect.

• I think sometimes an entire portfolio change is sensible. Different types of players are valuable at different times. So it makes sense to do a complete shift at times.

The other bonus is I have no worries with the 3 year rule for a long time. Earlier this year, I was checking my transaction history to see how long I had.

• That would be an absolute mammoth task for me

• @MickTurbo quick question mate, what are banega type graphs?

• @mog9 players like banega, rudiger, pjanic aguero who are getting on a bit all tend to get quite considerable rises from about June time onwards, peaking around september/October. Then theres a hell of a lot of profit taking goes on and come November they are back to their pre-rise price.

The beauty of these players is that they post consistently good PB scores and can be picked up cheaply if you time it right. They've pretty much all started to rise a bit now but theres profit left in just about every one of them.

As I said, I've taken my profits now, so this isn't a pump but click on any one of those mentioned, or Ramos, select their 1 year graph, and you will quickly get the picture.

There are loads of them

• @mike778 Interesting strategy. When they rise above your target figure do you sell just enough to take them back down to your target or sell all? If a value falls are you constantly topping up? I couldn't do this, my OCD would hate the random numbers of each player!

• @MickTurbo cheers for the info, much appreciated 💪

• @Martyn-B said in Port Strategy:

@mike778 Interesting strategy. When they rise above your target figure do you sell just enough to take them back down to your target or sell all? If a value falls are you constantly topping up? I couldn't do this, my OCD would hate the random numbers of each player!

It depends. I trade in 50s normally. It's not absolute, I wouldn't want to sell on 501 quid or so. But ultimately it gives me chance to hold the big boys without unbalancing portfolio.

As per other thread, I am going to being switching portfolios in future in line with predictable future trends so won't be holding players forever anyway.

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.