Why i bought Locatelli + Mandragora for less than the price of Barella.

• So i was trawling through the U21s squads for the Euros looking for cheap investments to make. My two favourites were Rolando Mandragora (21) (45p) and Manuel Locatelli (21) (46p) who are playing for Italy U21s.

Both players have arguably better records for their respective clubs than Nicolo Barella (22) (1.04):

Rolando Mandragora (Udinese): Games played: 35 Goals scored: 3 Assists: 2
    Manuel Locatelli (Sassuolo - on loan from Milan): Games played: 29 Goals scored: 2 Assists: 4
    Nicolo Barella (Cagliari): Games played: 35 Goals scored: 1 Assists: 4

Mandragora and Locatelli seemed to have had better seasons and are both a year younger than Barella who's 22. Seems ridiculous that the price of both of them put together (45p +46p) 91p is still 14p cheaper than Barella at (£1.05)?

Locatelli is heading back to Milan with Kessie reportedly on his way out.
    Mandragora has a £20m buy back clause with Juventus.
    Both playing in the U21s with Mandragora already having a cap with Italy too.

Thoughts guys? Good value?

• Mandragora is easy money. Easy, easy money.

• @Itsjadams said in Why i bought Locatelli + Mandragora for less than the price of Barella.:

@Westy @Vespasian32 @MickTurbo @LuaLua @Alpilgrim - Thoughts fellas?

I bought Mandragora and Murgia pre split when they were equivelent of about 15p. Sold for more than double. Locatelli was on my shortlist at the time but I was a bit shocked to see Milan had let him go... Hed been something of a wonderkid so wondered if he just dint have it in him. Should be a very good player tho. Not sure why they are letting Kessie go... But if he leaves than Locatelli could be an excellent replacement

• Both young and play regularly but their prices are yet to reflect it. Easy money, where do I sign! 🤑

• Mandragora has certainly peaked my interest. Seems like a good spot with room to go up.

• @Vespasian32 Still at Milan mate, he was only on loan at Sassuolo

• @Itsjadams I got on locatelli at 39p. Nice rise today and I expect him to rise further because I think Italy look strong and will go deep in the euros. Mandragora I havent really looked at in truth but I've only scan read this thread and I see murgia got a mention. Another good hold who's PB scores seem to have come on leaps and bounds late this season so I think theres loads of mileage in him. 1 other player for Italy is orsolini. Hes worth a look mate. Another one with excellent PB potential. I mentioned him a little while ago because he dropped 10p from 80 to 70 when he announced he would stay at bologna rather than going to juve which in my view will benefit his PB potential not having to compete with ronnie. I bought in at 70p and hes now back upto 80p, but I think could be a top 200 player within the next year, even sooner if Italy go well and he impresses

• Same as @Vespasian32 I bought them and Murgia, sold when they doubled and just have extra Murgias kept as think he can double again.

• @Itsjadams valid point but they don't appear to be as attacking minded as Barella. Locatelli possibly at times, but more of a CM which has an impact on his PB potential and price.

• @Alpilgrim said in Why i bought Locatelli + Mandragora for less than the price of Barella.:

Mandragora has certainly peaked my interest. Seems like a good spot with room to go up.

Hes climbing quite nicely be interesting to see him play

• Barella players for italy's senior team.Locattelli not good enough.Thats the difference.

• @Vespasian32 sorry but locatelli is no wonderkid.

• @Chewbacker no need to apologise… I didn't say he is. I said he was. Check FM 15, 16, 17 !! Description 'wonderkid'!

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.