Marcus Rashford

• What's people's thoughts on rashford's price?is he likely to rise with contract negotiations this summer with potential media buzz or Barcelona looking at him?where do you see his price going by Xmas

• If you look at his graph, he's significantly lower than he has been.
    Definitely holding for the long term.
    You'd imagine that United will be getting better players in, which should lead to more chances/goals.
    Young and an England striker.
    Should only go one way really.

• United's first choice number 9 and usually a starter for England, 1st in dividends returned for players under 26 y/o. I topped up recently on his dip, if he starts the season well it won't be long before he's £5 in my opinion, Man United goalscorers are MB gold.

• He will go up.English, young, goals, pace, utd.other big club, Euro 2020 Wcup 2022, in a dip but slowly climbing. Just needs to start well and he will fly towards £5

• He SHOULD rise up again, playing in the Prem at a big club so if does well/or things go wrong will be in the papers. Also playing Europa so chances for goals/PB there. England international with qualifiers coming up etc etc.

Everything points to his price rising again but depends how he/Man Utd play(s).

I'm still holding long term but I know plenty others who cut their losses and sold up.

• I currently hold 1000 shares at £3.76!hoping he can get to £4.50ish and I'll be happy

• I'm not so sure about him, yeah he's young and English, but well overrated, he has played 111 prem games and has 27 goals, that suggest he's just another walcott to me, and is never going to be a prolific goalscorer

• @Jad1982 Fair comment about the games / goals but a lot of those are out wide, sub appearances etc. He's not really had a consistent run as the out and out striker other than when Ole first arrived and Rashford excelled before getting that knock against Liverpool.

I'm not saying he's going to be the best striker in the world but he is still very young in striker standards and "learning his craft" etc

• @Jad1982 said in Marcus Rashford:

I'm not so sure about him, yeah he's young and English, but well overrated, he has played 111 prem games and has 27 goals, that suggest he's just another walcott to me, and is never going to be a prolific goalscorer

He played quite a few of those games as a wing back under the special once, didn't help his stats much.

• People forget he's 21 and has been mismanaged for most of his young career. His currently in the red for me but I'd bank on him being s good hold in the long term and I think he's currently great value.

• @NeaviePops23 yes he's still young, so I'd expect him to get better still, but my point is that I don't think he is a striker, he just doesn't have the natural goalscoring thing that Kane, aubamayang, suarez, aguero,and going back further shearer, drogba, owen, andy cole, and many others had, thats what it takes to be classed as top prem striker, and i dont think he has it, and i think he should stay a winger.

I hope he proves me wrong and kills it and ends up at £5+

• @Jad1982 He's miles ahead of where Suarezm Aubameyang, Drogba, Kane and even Shearer were at the same age.

• @PB-man really lol why cos he's at man United? He's goals are 1 in 4 and assists 1 in 5 so say what you like mate lol he's been in prem for 4 years aubamayang has been here 18 months and already has more goals

• @Jad1982 said in Marcus Rashford:

@PB-man really lol why cos he's at man United? He's goals are 1 in 4 and assists 1 in 5 so say what you like mate lol he's been in prem for 4 years aubamayang has been here 18 months and already has more goals

You are seriously ignoring the age difference.

Aubameyangs season as a 21 year old - 4 goals in 37 appearances in Ligue 1

career total at 21 - 16 goals in 100 games (8 of those in Frances second division)

• @Chris-J Most of Englands top players have taken a bit of a pounding of late mainly due to NL.

I along with many hold Rashford, Kane, Sancho and Sterling but you can bet your bottom dollar 8 weeks from now these players are all going to be on the gainers list.

By start of next season Rashfords injury hit end of last season should be behind him.

• @Chris-J that is a fair point you make about age diff, but 1 was at a shite French league 1 club and was worth a pittance and the other is at the biggest team in the world valued at God knows how much, it might take rashford another 3 or 4 seasons or more, to fully mature as a striker, you might be happy to wait that long but watching the comments on United stand I'm not so sure their fans will

• Very difficult to compare given style, ages etc but in Rashford's first 4 seasons he played 111 games in the premier league, one of the hardest/most challenging leagues in the world, Kane's first 4 seasons saw him score 14 in 40 games, however only 14 of those games were in the premier and he scored 3 goals, the rest were league one and championship.

So Kane 3 in 14 = goal every 4.67 games
    Rashford 27 in 111 = goal every 4.11 games

I get that Kane is a better finisher, but even Super Alan Shearer had a shocking record after his first 4 professional seasons (played 77 scored 10 = goal every 7.7 games).

He can improve finishing, and helps if he is played as a striker and not as a wide attacker

• I hold 500 of him at the moment and he's currently in the green by 15p. He'll stay in the news regarding his future and is the main man for club and country; so I'll expect him to continue rising towards the new season.

• @Jad1982 players get better fairly rapidly as they approach their prime. These are the exact same criticisms Sterling had after he scored 2, 9, 7, 6, 7 in his first five prem seasons.

Since turning 23 he’s scored 18 and 17 in his past two and is generally considered to be top class. Short memories on some people.

• @PB-man Whenever the united fanbase get on rashfords back i use sterling as the case example too. he was dreadful in his first season at city. Some of the abuse and criticism Rashford gets within the fan base is pretty horrific. Ronaldos decision making was pretty dreadful at 20-21 too.

People are too quick to forget how Rashford:-

ruined trent the season b4 last.

put Demichellis on his arse in the manc derby a couple of years back

scored free kick in europa semi

scored crucial last minute penalty vs psg

scored in the nations league semi

did more in 3 minutes than the rest of the england team did in 90 combined in the abysmal defeat to iceland

scored on multiple debuts in multiple competitions for england and utd.

Scored against all the other big 5 teams in england.

Big games, big player. But you will often hear 'he's not good enough'

His decision making is poor granted but if he can start to play with his head up a bit more he is going to become a very, very good player.

You are right people have short memories. Hes 21.

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.