Big Hitters Struggling?

• Hi All,

Just wanted to ask maybe some of the more experienced FI folk (or not experienced, but wise!) what they believe will happen regarding the big boys over the next few months.

My portfolio is around the 5k mark with +15% profit and dropping (from 25%). Around half of the portfolio is spread amongst the likes of Pogba, Neymar, Kane, Salah, Sterling, Sancho, Rashford, and Hudson-Odoi.

Im losing out a fair amount on the some of these, (to the point where I couldnt fathom selling them now at such a loss!) and was wondering when you guys think they'll pick back up again?

The main reason I ask is because Id like to recoup that money and use it elsewhere on more sub £1.50 guys @ more shares, spreaded nicely amongst a larger number of players, chasing that capital appreciation. Or, if they pick up again maybe keep some of them for dividends and sell the rest on for the aforementioned plan.

Any advice is appreciated!
    Many thanks.

• It's a cycle. They will pick up again, especially when they prove their worth in the new season. But it depends how patient you want to be. They may drop more before they rise. But rise they will, eventually.

• @Leclerc said in Big Hitters Struggling?:

Hi All,

Just wanted to ask maybe some of the more experienced FI folk (or not experienced, but wise!) what they believe will happen regarding the big boys over the next few months.

My portfolio is around the 5k mark with +15% profit and dropping (from 25%). Around half of the portfolio is spread amongst the likes of Pogba, Neymar, Kane, Salah, Sterling, Sancho, Rashford, and Hudson-Odoi.

Im losing out a fair amount on the some of these, (to the point where I couldnt fathom selling them now at such a loss!) and was wondering when you guys think they'll pick back up again?

The main reason I ask is because Id like to recoup that money and use it elsewhere on more sub £1.50 guys @ more shares, spreaded nicely amongst a larger number of players, chasing that capital appreciation. Or, if they pick up again maybe keep some of them for dividends and sell the rest on for the aforementioned plan.

Any advice is appreciated!
    Many thanks.

Neymar negative publicity, injured pretty much all the time.
    Pogba either off to Juventus or Real Madrid
    The rest have dropped and will possibly drop off a little more because they will not be involved in any transfer speculation over the summer but come the start of the season they will all be pumped. I hold a fair few of the above and they’re my long term holds. I will not be selling because at any given time they get MB for various reasons.

• Diversity is the name of the game and protects you somewhat from say losses from the big boys that you are suffering from at the moment.

You say half of your portfolio is based on the top 10 guys so I guess your losses in those are made up for elsewhere?

I am loosing on the big boys but still making some sort of progress on some of my £1-£2 buys.

Not had so much luck under the £1 mark but some gains.

If you diversify then as I said some protection to your overall value is secured.

I'm no expert but by beginning of August the top end will be starting to dominate as value further down the price scale would not be so obvious as it is now.

• In my opinion the big hitters will rise as the new season approaches. I think that they are about as low as they will go.

I believe that traders who are active during summer are more likely to invest in cheaper players. When new money comes in as the season begins with more unexperienced traders they are more likely to invest in the more well known names and there prices will rise.

I have a portfolio of 50 players and only 2 of those are in the top 25. I've been doing very well of late but I am aware that I need to diversify with more top players as the season begins. That's my thinking anyway

• I'd steer clear until they change the delta

• @Leclerc

Just be careful with selling up and following the latest trend. The market tends to work in cycles.

Circa £1.50 capital appreciation players are all the rage now, but by the time you sell up and invest in them, you may find that the big growth is another type of player (PB beasts, IPD players or even the big hitters).

Try to predict the next growth surge, that’s where the big money will lie.

I don’t hold Pogba, but if / when I’m confident enough that he’s not leaving Utd, i’ll be piling money into him because he delivers a lot of MB.

I do hold Neymar and i’ve been topping up now that his price has dipped and there’s lots of negative stories about him.

If both stay at their current clubs, they’ll both be £9+ players by Christmas and will have probably delivered another £1+ each in dividends.

• @ocs123 yep I only had 300 neymar a week or so ago...

0_1560199115920__20190610_213758.JPG

• Its times like this I wish I had more spare pennies than I do. With all these drops at the top of the market once the window closes and dust clears and champions league gets under way there is an absolute killing to be made £££££££££££££££££££££££££

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.