Are people happy with the way players are announced before being added?

• I was just having a little thought, I'm one of the FI users that will spend a lot of times looking into different leagues, clubs, their youth teams, new signings, loan players etc etc.. Basically everything. I know a lot of people will do exactly the same hoping to find the next wonderkid before others do.

My concern is, that when FI add players it's always through IPO and it's announced and then players can easily scout the players the day prior before buying. But would we not love to see a message such as "50 new players added to the database", so then all them players we have individually shortlisted to keep an eye on waiting for them to be added, we could snap up without their prices being rocketed.

I just feel like that extra research that people put in, sometimes can't be rewarded as much in the way it should be.

• Totally get your point, can be frustrating when you've researched a guy that you want to buy shares in, but when it's announced everyone jumps on without knowing too much about them and the price rockets.

Should be some reward, no matter how small, for those who put the time and effort in to research players

• I have a problem with the way they hide the announcements of the IPO's. Nothing announced on Twitter or any social media no links its just on their news page.

Also the fact that there seems to be a serious problem with IPO's now, no new players have been added in months, the last time they tried 28 March there was a problem and they haven't really said anything since.

• @JH said in Are people happy with the way players are announced before being added?:

I was just having a little thought, I'm one of the FI users that will spend a lot of times looking into different leagues, clubs, their youth teams, new signings, loan players etc etc.. Basically everything. I know a lot of people will do exactly the same hoping to find the next wonderkid before others do.

My concern is, that when FI add players it's always through IPO and it's announced and then players can easily scout the players the day prior before buying. But would we not love to see a message such as "50 new players added to the database", so then all them players we have individually shortlisted to keep an eye on waiting for them to be added, we could snap up without their prices being rocketed.

I just feel like that extra research that people put in, sometimes can't be rewarded as much in the way it should be.

Absolutely agree!

I was watching Bobby Duncan for weeks, wondering when he'd be IPO'd and getting ready to lump on, assuming not many others would be aware of him. But of course it doesn't matter on FI does it? You get a days notice and everyone piles in, gambling. So I missed his IPO on the day and he was up over £2 ("old money") when I reluctantly invested that night. He since dropped a fair bit so I was sitting on a loss for a while and ended up selling 75% to seek better options.

I think FI are looking to revamp the IPO system though aren't they?

• @speedloafer
    Totally agree with what you've said... I joined FI in February, been waiting ever since for a few players i have lined up who aren't on yet. Does anyone know why there's not been any???

• huge overhaul before next season adding every player onto the index !?

• @JOE_MCFC I made this post 3 weeks ago

""The last IPO's was supposed to be March 28th but
    @FootballIndexCS Mar 28
    "Due to a technical problem the rest of today's IPOs will be suspended whilst the Tech Team investigates. Sorry for the inconvenience."

That was nearly 2 months ago, I can't be the only one thinking there is a problem here.""

Its 3 months now.

• @speedloafer said in Are people happy with the way players are announced before being added?:

@JOE_MCFC I made this post 3 weeks ago

""The last IPO's was supposed to be March 28th but
    @FootballIndexCS Mar 28
    "Due to a technical problem the rest of today's IPOs will be suspended whilst the Tech Team investigates. Sorry for the inconvenience."

That was nearly 2 months ago, I can't be the only one thinking there is a problem here.""

Its 3 months now.

I'm sure Adam Cole said somewhere about an overhaul in the way they are released

• I read they wasnt going to add any until the begining of next season. They should add them on a certain day at a certain time every week so if someone's added you have been waiting for you can get in early.

• @Jonah The beginning of next season? WTF? Is there a quote?
    So we miss the Copa America, the Afcon, and the transfer window? Seriously?

• Is there a thread of players that potentially could be or should be added?

• Adam Cole released a big announcement about the FI employing an Index user who posted examples of how the whole app should look& work....he’s revamping the whole platform as you say before next season🙏

• @NewUser275766 There is a section of the website that announces them but unless you know where to look (the offical twitter has never even tweeted the letters IPO, ever) you wont find them. I think thats wrong, its sneaky but not many people agree with me on that one. Their argument is if you are too stupid to realise they exist or where to find them then tough.

https://footballindex.news/category/market-update/ is where they announce them

• @speedloafer yeah mate it was in an fi announcement don't have a link for it sorry but AC mentioned about a new way of doing things but also said I'm 99% certain no IPOs till begining of next season it may have been on the q and a he did live on twitter.

• @NewUser275766 https://forums.footballindex.co.uk/topic/8764/adam-cole-q-a-summary

Read this thread and make of it what you want but it is in there

• @Jonah Cheers

• @JH said in Are people happy with the way players are announced before being added?:

I was just having a little thought, I'm one of the FI users that will spend a lot of times looking into different leagues, clubs, their youth teams, new signings, loan players etc etc.. Basically everything. I know a lot of people will do exactly the same hoping to find the next wonderkid before others do.

Humans jumping in isn't the problem. It's the robots buying up a load of shares at the original IPO price and leaving the humans with the crumbs and an inflated price.

• At least they were adding then 😂
    Didn’t like how they were announced but at least they were releasing IPOs basically pointless looking for the next big thing as most of them aren’t even on the index yet

• As far as I'm aware, IPOs have been broken since they added Embleton and he came on at 3x his listed price. This was the first IPO after share split where the prices were split 3 ways, so I assume it's linked.

In terms of the process, I'd definitely like to see an overhaul. It's not fair that bot buyers get a significant leg up and it disincentivises the research. I don't bother now. I'd like to see researchers rewarded, possibly by being given the opportunity to have a 'guaranteed' buy at IPO price before the futures are released to market.

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.