Are people happy with the way players are announced before being added?

• I read they wasnt going to add any until the begining of next season. They should add them on a certain day at a certain time every week so if someone's added you have been waiting for you can get in early.

• @Jonah The beginning of next season? WTF? Is there a quote?
    So we miss the Copa America, the Afcon, and the transfer window? Seriously?

• Is there a thread of players that potentially could be or should be added?

• Adam Cole released a big announcement about the FI employing an Index user who posted examples of how the whole app should look& work....he’s revamping the whole platform as you say before next season🙏

• @NewUser275766 There is a section of the website that announces them but unless you know where to look (the offical twitter has never even tweeted the letters IPO, ever) you wont find them. I think thats wrong, its sneaky but not many people agree with me on that one. Their argument is if you are too stupid to realise they exist or where to find them then tough.

https://footballindex.news/category/market-update/ is where they announce them

• @speedloafer yeah mate it was in an fi announcement don't have a link for it sorry but AC mentioned about a new way of doing things but also said I'm 99% certain no IPOs till begining of next season it may have been on the q and a he did live on twitter.

• @NewUser275766 https://forums.footballindex.co.uk/topic/8764/adam-cole-q-a-summary

Read this thread and make of it what you want but it is in there

• @Jonah Cheers

• @JH said in Are people happy with the way players are announced before being added?:

I was just having a little thought, I'm one of the FI users that will spend a lot of times looking into different leagues, clubs, their youth teams, new signings, loan players etc etc.. Basically everything. I know a lot of people will do exactly the same hoping to find the next wonderkid before others do.

My concern is, that when FI add players it's always through IPO and it's announced and then players can easily scout the players the day prior before buying. But would we not love to see a message such as "50 new players added to the database", so then all them players we have individually shortlisted to keep an eye on waiting for them to be added, we could snap up without their prices being rocketed.

I just feel like that extra research that people put in, sometimes can't be rewarded as much in the way it should be.

Humans jumping in isn't the problem. It's the robots buying up a load of shares at the original IPO price and leaving the humans with the crumbs and an inflated price.

• At least they were adding then 😂
    Didn’t like how they were announced but at least they were releasing IPOs basically pointless looking for the next big thing as most of them aren’t even on the index yet

• As far as I'm aware, IPOs have been broken since they added Embleton and he came on at 3x his listed price. This was the first IPO after share split where the prices were split 3 ways, so I assume it's linked.

In terms of the process, I'd definitely like to see an overhaul. It's not fair that bot buyers get a significant leg up and it disincentivises the research. I don't bother now. I'd like to see researchers rewarded, possibly by being given the opportunity to have a 'guaranteed' buy at IPO price before the futures are released to market.

• @Yellow Some sort of lottery system with pre purchase.

Example. XXXX will be on the market starting at 50p. How many shares would you like and up to what price?
    So you could say, i would like 100 shares and up to a price of 60p.
    Everybody would get the same opportunity, so like a raffle/lottery if you were pulled out first then you would get your 100 shares at 50p, then the next name and the next etc.

Obviously that would require a lot of software and would require a lot of trust in the FI staff. I mean whats to stop them putting their name at the top of the list. Then again whats stopping them being first on every IPO since the site launched its not like they are regulated.

• @speedloafer said in Are people happy with the way players are announced before being added?:

@Yellow Some sort of lottery system with pre purchase.

Example. XXXX will be on the market starting at 50p. How many shares would you like and up to what price?
    So you could say, i would like 100 shares and up to a price of 60p.
    Everybody would get the same opportunity, so like a raffle/lottery if you were pulled out first then you would get your 100 shares at 50p, then the next name and the next etc.

Obviously that would require a lot of software and would require a lot of trust in the FI staff. I mean whats to stop them putting their name at the top of the list. Then again whats stopping them being first on every IPO since the site launched its not like they are regulated.

Yes, in practice I'm not sure how exactly it could work and appreciate that it may not be viable to do that for FI, but basically the general gist is I would like to see researchers rewarded somehow. I can't be bothered to research just so a greedy person with a clever bit of software can profit.

• @Yellow but then its people with free time, and thats unfair on people who cant afford free time.
    I made a similar point last week when somebody suggested 3 a day with no notice at all so the Bots cannot take advantage, just the people who are most active on the forum the most active traders most active social media users, but again thats just as unfair.

I get why you would want researchers rewarded but a researchers reward is finding the players that are undervalued or overvalued (wait for the drop). I love finding a player who is undervalued but that shouldn't entitle me to first go on IPO's it needs to be fair across the board.

• @JH The obvious problem with that is that if you’re not online/looking at or got access to your phone at that particular second you’ll miss out anyway.
    I think they should say “20 players to be added at 10am tomorrow” but don’t specify who. Then you’re ready but don’t have enough time to research. So your getting the edge if you’ve already researched/scouted somebody.
    Failing the mystery launch at a specified time, max of say 300 shares in the first 4 hours?

• Can't ipo's be subject to a bidding system?

Say a selection of ipo's are announced and users can bid for say a max of a hundred shares and the highest bidder at the end of say a week will buy those shares.

Not an open auction as that might be a bit caotic but a closed bidding system

At least the bots would not come in to it.

Maybe that has been thought of and was thought not a goer.

I didn't actually give that idea much thought but hey it's better than what we have at the mo.

• It is what it is.

First step is for FI to sort the software out. That was why IPO's intitially stopped.

I understand the research / reward bit. I have a list of players I'd like to see added and get on early,. But there's on one size fits all system to please everyone

• @JH I very much sympathise with you on this one. Spent a few hours this afternoon researching and I struggled to find any of the players I wanted on the index. Was hoping to find them at rock bottom prices but the fear is if they will be introduced at all, they will come in at more the I would want/expect to pay.

• My thought on IPO's is that 1 week before the player is introduced to the index all users should be allowed to buy up to 100 shares at the initial price. (Like a pre-order book).Then based on the uptake, the player will enter the index at the updated price. This way everyone who wants in can gain from the initial price if they want it and not just the bots (if they exist). I can't see any negatives for this system other than it would be something FI would need to create? Long term though I think it would keep everyone happy. Could anyone see a reason why this wouldn't work?

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.