England Under 21’s line up....

• What’s your thoughts on who will make the starting eleven?

• @NewUser355508 Likely: gunn, awb, clark salter, tomori, dasilva, dowell, foden, maddison, sessegnon, gray, abraham.

my preffered : henderson, awb, tomori, konsa, sessegnon, maddison (as the 6, he could definitely play there, reminds me a bit of pirlo) mount, foden, barnes, nelson, calvert lewin.

• GK - Henderson
    RB - Wan Bissaka
    LB - Da Silva
    CB - Tomori
    CB - Clarke-Salter
    CM - Maddison
    CM - Dowell
    CM - Foden
    RW - Nelson
    ST - Solanke
    LW - Barnes

Really strong side and have a good chance of winning the tournament, I'll be watching the matches for sure.

• @Sacred me too. With it being on SkySports in a period where there is lull in live matches - it could be a real market mover.

• If i was picking:
    GK Henderson
    RB Wan Bissaka
    LB Kelly
    CB Tomori
    CB Clarke Salter
    CDM Choudhury
    CM Foden
    CM Maddison
    LW Gray
    RW Nelson
    ST Abraham
    Would love to play mount but need at least 1 to protect the back 4.

• GK - Gunn
    CB - Konsa
    CB - Tomori
    RB - Wan Bissaka
    LB - Ryan Sessegnon
    DM - Hamza Choudhury
    CM - Mount
    CM - Maddison
    CM - Foden
    TM - Calvert-Lewin
    CF - Solanke

then in 2nd Half to mix it up and add the wide men?????

• Where is official squads please for this.

Been on the uefa site. Shows players that played in qualifying games and then another list with names such as TAA and Tom Davies. Are these lads in the squad or not.

The official England site gives a squad list but seems very short?

• @ScousePilgrim

Wow that lineup looks class!!

• @ScousePilgrim

I'd change consa for clarke salter

• Whatever happened to Ademola Lookman?

• @Lukeroro he is eligible so obviously it was decided that reiss nelson, demarai gray, harvey barnes and ryan sessegnon were better which is arguably true. I would take him over barnes personally but theyre different types of players

• I think Tammy Abraham will will be Englands player of tournament and i think Hamza Choudhury will be up there too.

I hold Abraham but not Choudhury

• @Milnerman
    this is where I got my info from for the U21 Squads
    https://www.uefa.com/under21/news/newsid=2606385.html

• These are the official squad numbers for the euro u21 tournie.

alt text

• @Lukeroro not had much game time with Everton last season which is a shame because he’s a naturally talented lad. By all accounts his attitude let’s him down, which considering he was a regular for Leipzig when he was on loan there you can understand to an extent

• @NewUser297678 and @Murph I kinda expected that. Shame knowing he'd been in decent form at Leipzig.

• I see Abraham starting up top, and as has been mentioned most of our midfield will be playing together in the world cup in qatar if they continue their expected trajectory.

• Genuinely now.

Do you see any of those players being ‘world class’ in 3 years time?

I’m just not sure.

• @Milnerman Well most of the midfield should be capped regular for England in the next few years.

As for World Class then Foden has the most potential, but we don't churn our many World class players full stop.

• @Milnerman someone like mason mount has the potential to be a star but unless he leaves chelsea his talent will be wasted no matter what people seem to think in these threads about how all 44 of their loanees will get played bc of the transfer ban. I thought the same with foden but seeing him start a must win game v tottenham has convinced that he will be given chances. Its about whether they want the opportunity to be great or are happy to stay and got paid stacks for not playing.

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.