England Under 21’s line up....

• These are the official squad numbers for the euro u21 tournie.

alt text

• @Lukeroro not had much game time with Everton last season which is a shame because he’s a naturally talented lad. By all accounts his attitude let’s him down, which considering he was a regular for Leipzig when he was on loan there you can understand to an extent

• @NewUser297678 and @Murph I kinda expected that. Shame knowing he'd been in decent form at Leipzig.

• I see Abraham starting up top, and as has been mentioned most of our midfield will be playing together in the world cup in qatar if they continue their expected trajectory.

• Genuinely now.

Do you see any of those players being ‘world class’ in 3 years time?

I’m just not sure.

• @Milnerman Well most of the midfield should be capped regular for England in the next few years.

As for World Class then Foden has the most potential, but we don't churn our many World class players full stop.

• @Milnerman someone like mason mount has the potential to be a star but unless he leaves chelsea his talent will be wasted no matter what people seem to think in these threads about how all 44 of their loanees will get played bc of the transfer ban. I thought the same with foden but seeing him start a must win game v tottenham has convinced that he will be given chances. Its about whether they want the opportunity to be great or are happy to stay and got paid stacks for not playing.

• On a similar note i genuinely believe if dean henderson signs for sheff utd he will be at the euros next year but he may be happy to sit on the bench for man utd and take his wages. Time will tell

• @NewUser297678 said in England Under 21’s line up....:

On a similar note i genuinely believe if dean henderson signs for sheff utd he will be at the euros next year but he may be happy to sit on the bench for man utd and take his wages. Time will tell

He’s a snip at the current prices. Stated he wants to rejoin the Blades and has posted images on Instagram of him up at Uniteds training complex a week or so ago....

• @NewUser355508 i dont own or anything but i really hope he does for his and englands sake. He is a top class keeper and shouldnt be settling for 3rd choice

• @Sacred said in England Under 21’s line up....:

These are the official squad numbers for the euro u21 tournie.

alt text

Please can anyone explain why Ben Godfrey is not in this squad. He was easily the best defender in the Championship last season and much more consistent than some other defenders in the squad?

• @NewUser297678 not if Lampard goes there?

• What’s people’s strategy with the U21 tournament? Are people going to be buying the “bigger” players such a Foden, Maddison and Sessegnon or will they be investing in the under £1/share players such as Solanke, Dowell, Konsa etc. The bigger players will get more MB and PB but the other players have more growth potential.

I’m interested to hear everyone’s strategies.

• @Topbins just look at the French squad and how much they have all risen in the last week

• @Topbins said in England Under 21’s line up....:

What’s people’s strategy with the U21 tournament? Are people going to be buying the “bigger” players such a Foden, Maddison and Sessegnon or will they be investing in the under £1/share players such as Solanke, Dowell, Konsa etc. The bigger players will get more MB and PB but the other players have more growth potential.

I’m interested to hear everyone’s strategies.

There is no PB available.

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.