Nicolas Pepe

• Does anybody hold him, and if so then what are you hoping for in the next few weeks?

There have been strong links with Liverpool and Bayern, and the reporter that broke the Fabinho transfer is confident that there is a third big team in the mix.

If he goes to Liverpool then he should get an instant rise, but how much football do you think he will get, and where do you think his price will settle?

Bayern seems like a logical choice, as Robben and Ribery have both retired. Coman on the left and Pepe on the right, much better than Gnabry. Should get games and for a top European team, but would miss the MB hype.

What are peoples thoughts, and those that hold, where do you hope he goes?

• I hold. It's seem to be the longest running transfer saga of the summer!

Everyone knows he's going it's just where. The Munich move would be the worst outcome for holders as he would be fairly reliant on PB from then on in - fortunately, he stills posts a few high scores so should still retain most of his price then steadily increase in capital appreciation as 90% of the index do due to the natural growth of the product.

A Liverpool move would be good 👍 they are a little short of options other than the front 3 & he would add depth to the squad. With him rumoured to be a 70m signing I see Firmino missing out & them playing Salah or Mane through the centre.

A move to Man Utd would be the jackpot & we are crying out for a RW which is his favoured position.

If he turns up there I'd think he would settle around Rashford's price.

• @Ericali said in Nicolas Pepe:

A Liverpool move would be good 👍 they are a little short of options other than the front 3 & he would add depth to the squad. With him rumoured to be a 70m signing I see Firmino missing out & them playing Salah or Mane through the centre.

I don't see Firmino missing out - while Salah and Mane get the headlines, Bobby's the glue that gels everything together.
    The problem last season was the lack of depth - by the end of the season, Firmino in particular looked knackered. I can see a bit of rotation where we play 3 from 4, everyone getting plenty of games but then rested where needed too.
    There's also the option to play all 4 with Firmino in the attacking midfield role behind the other 3.

• I got rid of him last week after reading that Liverpool are not going to splash out on a striker but give Brewster a chance since Sturridge is leaving. I also read Bayern is in pole position for his signature.

• @Londoner yep.. Year of the Brewst.

• @Londoner Depends. A few days ago the rumour mill suggested Bayern were pretty much a done deal and Pepe wanted to go there. But most of the links over the last couple of days have been about Liverpool.

• @Worley15 said in Nicolas Pepe:

@Londoner Depends. A few days ago the rumour mill suggested Bayern were pretty much a done deal and Pepe wanted to go there. But most of the links over the last couple of days have been about Liverpool.

Klopp announced he isn't going to spend a lot in the transfer season, as the squad only needs a tweak. Pepe won't be cheap and he wants to give Brewster a chance.

• I sold him at 2.84 a few weeks back (at over 100% profit), the consensus on here was I'd made a mistake, and I can't say I regret it as he's flatlined at that level.

I can't see him above 3 for a while even after any move to a big club, so I can't see him being too worthwhole an investment right now, over other bargains here.

I might well jump back on depending on the post-transfer dip though, if he has one.

• Pepe is a hard one to call at the moment.
    Held for a while but price stagnated.
    The odds are that Liverpool are in the driving seat but it's when something will happen.
    I have held this long and with price at least not falling no point in selling up.

• If liverpool would rather have Brewster over pepe then good luck with that one.Now liverpool have won the champions league and within a wisker of the title you will see a shift in there transfer policy continuing to bring in foreign players at the expense of youngsters.THE PRESSURE IS ON !!!!!!!!!!!

• I think Brewster is more central - not Pepe's position.

Pepe would provide the competition for Mane & Salah, or whoever is operating on the wings.

• Sold up myself last week at a good profit, thought over £2.80 was decent and if he does go to Bayern, which looks likely, then cant see it going much higher than that. Will be great for PB in a good team but just thought I'd free up money for others.

• Strange one is Pepe, if he goes anywhere else but the prem then he’ll drop, as said if he comes to Liverpool he’ll be a cover for the two wingers not firminho, have heard rumours Rhian Brewster going to Swansea on loan, origi for cover & Bobby Duncan coming in for cup games etc

• @Uncle-G would be very surprised and gob smacked if Brewster goes to Swansea on loan. Klopp's already said Brewster is in his plans for the new season.

• @Uncle-G I believe that Klopp has stated that Brewster will be given more opportunities next season.

If you look at the Liverpool team and try to look at areas that need improving then the only position that I can come up with is cover for the front three and I believe that is where Brewster comes in.

Not many top level players will be happy to move and act as cover for the front three, but I believe that Brewster will accept that role.

With Gomez and Oxlade-Chamberlain coming back as almost new signings, I am not sure Liverpool will do much in the market, as since Klopp has been there they have always dealt with any transfers well in advance of the new season.

I can't see more than a couple of new players coming in, but they are linked with dozens. If De ligt was willing then that may be a possibility.

Could be wrong, time will tell

• Form a tier 1 source for LFC “Liverpool believe only tweaks are required this summer, a couple of low key signings here and there. But they will remain flexible for when the next young superstar emerges. They tried to sign Mbappe prior to his move to PSG, the next time a player of his calibre comes along LFC must be in position”

Is Pepe the next Mbappe level superstar? Probably not. So unless something has changed (maybe it has) it seems unlikely to happen.

Possibly a move for a clearly elite talent if one emerges (Sancho, Felix, Havertz maybe, no other talents around that level stick out) next summer.

• Dropping today - I don't know why 🤔can only think it's the links to Bayern, but the Euro Papers on SkySports are linking Bayern with a move for Carrasco instead.
    0_1560353152286_IMG-20190612-WA0000.jpg
    Cryptic message behind this 'like' or pure innocence/slip of the mouse? 🐁

• @GregT14 Well, the Fekir to Liverpool links have been killed stone dead - so that's another potential suitor back in the market. 👌

• @Ericali said in Nicolas Pepe:

@GregT14 Well, the Fekir to Liverpool links have been killed stone dead - so that's another potential suitor back in the market. 👌

The Fekir link is not dead according to BBC Gossip today. It says Liverpool are still interested but are not prepared to pay the £53m fee.

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.