Timothy Weah

• PSG striker Timothy Weah is close to completing a move to Lille according to L'Equipe. Both clubs have almost reached an agreement over a fee of about €10m.

• @Cameron-Duffy

I'm not sure about him to be honest.

I have watched quite alot of Weah over the past couple of years.

His face is the spitting image of his old man Dod Weah, unfortunately his footballing ability is closer to Doddie Weir.

• Much better value elsewhere.

• Decent and confident player for his age. Seems committed to playing as much football as possible so a move to Lille would be good for him. Reckon €10m will seem a complete bargain by the middle of next season.

• played well at u20 world cup..looks exciting for me. Very harsh to compare him to his father

• I might sound a bit of a broken record here as I've mentioned him before but there's a very easy comparison to be made between Weah and Josh Sargent.

Only 2 days separate them in age but Sargent seems to be ahead of him however you look at it. Weah has just finished the under 20 World Cup where it seems he did pretty well, Sargent played in it 2 years ago as a 17 year old and finished joint second top scorer. He wasn't selected this time as according to the USA manager he is too advanced for under 20 level, unfortunately for him a lack of game time at Bremen last season meant he missed out on the squad for the Copa America.

With rumours about Kruse leaving etc and another year under his belt you'd have to think he has a chance at more game time next season, he played a bit in the league and managed 2 goals in just 205 minutes. He doesn't have the famous dad like Weah does which no doubt inflates his price but he is currently 30p cheaper, I think there's a good chance Sargent will be more expensive than Weah this time next year.

• I’m happy with that news and will be holding

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.