Lewis cook

• Should be fully fit for the seasons start, but after such a bad injury, is he likely to be the same as he was and is he a risk now or is he undervalued?

• I bought 1600 earlier. He’s back next season. 77p for a young English international. It’s a no brainer.

• Yep, bought in at 41p so definitely going to hold this one. Seem to remember there being some pretty strong spurs links before the injury so fingers crossed he can refind his form. If so there is no reason why he wouldn't soar last the £1 mark.

• Good young English player, if he comes back from the injury would expect his price to soar.

Bought him while injured and have seen over 50% increase in that time.

can only go 1 way IMO

• i liked Cook, and owned him before his injury - but before considering buying again I would want to see how he is recovering from the injury. As you say it was a serious one and even these days it's not a given you can come back the same player. That doesn't mean that his price won't stop edging up in the meantime.

• @Keegans-Bluff
    I’ve been keeping a close eye on his recovery and he’s had no set backs fingers crossed. You could same with Hudson. The only good thing is he’s had it when he was young. He’ll be able to get a pre season under his belt and hopefully he’ll come back stronger.

• @DavidMUFC1987 yeah, quite possibly - but that's what's stopping me buying CHO as well tbh, although it's probably a sound move. I held off Brewster as well, until I saw him on a pitch again. As I said though, it shouldn't stop them rising. But for someone like Lewis Cook -who hasn't the immediate appeal of either of those two - I'm happy to wait.

• @Keegans-Bluff
    I sold off Hudson a while back before his injury and I’m still holding Brewster as I’m sure he’ll be more involved next season. I see Lewis Cook as low risk compared to Brewster and Hudson. His price is 78p and if I was to instant sell at 76p I’d be losing a lot less than if Hudson or Brewster had a setback. Massive fan of Brewster as been following him for a long time hence why I hold him.

• @DavidMUFC1987 yeah, i really like him too. there is a bigger risk with both of them, but a much bigger upside that I don't think Cook has. As I say, I don't think it's a bad trade though.

• He's a class act. If you ask Leeds fans who is the best youngster who has come through their academy in recent times 99% of them would say Lewis Cook. Captained England's world cup win (under 20's) and was on standby for the England's world cup squad 2018. Southgate rates him and I would not be surprised to see him in the next England squad. If he stays fit then he's a certainty for the euro finals imo. Young. English. Quality. No brainer.

• @Pagey74 What are his best attributes?

He is already double the price of England starting 11 midfielder Jordan Henderson so would need some serious talent to grow much further from his current price.

At 22 he sits very close to the edge of the FI youth bubble but being at Bournemouth there would definitely be top 6 transfer hype off the back of a good season.

Excuse my ignorance but I don't remember ever watching him play (or at least him standing out).

• Have to say I sold out of Cook after his first game back. Think he may well increase a small amount more but in the current market I don't desperately want a player who really has to prove himself. Doesn't seem to be working for others in this regard!

• Lewis is best played as a deep lying playmaker but seemed to be in a box to box role against Everton. Takes some set pieces (when Frasier isn't on the pitch).

Had a decent first game back and I'm happy to hold based on what I saw. There's growth there for sure.

• @Chris-J This is what makes football and the index great. Opinions.

He is 100 x the player Henderson is. Neil Redfearn who was Leeds academy manager once said that Lewis Cook would one day go on and captain England senior team.

He's far too good to be playing at a club like Bournemouth and I see a move to a top 4 side in the summer. Imo he will also be in Southgate's Euro 2020 squad.

Although it was in the Championship I watched Lewis Cook when he was a teenager playing for Leeds. He stood out a mile and you could see he was far too good to be playing at that standard.

He's an excellent dribbler and has a great range of passing. He's an upgrade on both Rice and Winks imo and cheaper.

• @Pagey74 TBF i thought something similar when I watched a 17 year old Jonjo Shelvey tear up the championship/league 1 every week. He got his move to Liverpool which I thought was a great move (in my opinion cam a year or 2 early and he should have gone on loan once the move went through) but he ended up flopping and has never really become the player he was destined to be. I hope for Englands sake that Lewis Cook doesn't end up in the same category.

• @Squire1905 That's the difference. Shelvey went straight to a big club Cook didn't. Shelvey was put under extreme pressure from the off as expectations were very high from the get go. Cook will have had 3 full seasons at Bournemouth at the end of this season which will stand him good stead when he joins a much bigger club.

• @Pagey74 Don't see Cook moving next summer. Brooks and Fraser both likely to be off and I don't see Bournemouth letting 3 go. Also think it's a push for him to make the England squad - that year out has allowed a lot of others to jump ahead of him and there's only something like 6 more England games before Southgate has to name his Euro squad which isn't much opportunity to get back in.

• @janner73 I read Liverpool were interested in signing him before his injury and just read a report now saying they have reignited their interest following his return from injury. Time will tell I guess. He will also be the surprise inclusion in Southgate's squad imo.

• @Pagey74 Sure will. Fraser is almost certainly off as don't see him signing a new contract. Can only see them letting one of Brooks or Cook go - I'm a big Brooks fan so looking forward to seeing him back after the next international break.

• @janner73 Brooks is a class act.

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.